User Tag List

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1584Likes

Thread: Frugal February Chatter

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 09:20 AM.

Im Frugal & I Know It! mandygeering's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Frugal Febuary has encouraged me to start my own blog and share my frugal ways and funky ideas! Love smartcanucks and love being frugal!
    Please visit my blog! http://funkyfrugalmommy.com I host giveaways, post recipes, jokes, freebies and more! Hope to see you soon!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So we ended up with 3 dozen choc. chip cookies and had to stop I got a really bad headache.

I ended cooking most of the afternoon so tonights dinner & tomorrow's are ready to eat.

I made garlic spareribs & cantonese chow mein (not quite but really good) and ds wanted HH Lasagna flavour so there are lots of food left, so tomorrow's dinner is a copy-cat of todays (lol) but so YUMMY.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:26 PM.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

just love this thread.

We have been very frugal since I started couponing and never items buy that are not on sale. Eating out has been out of our budget since on mat leave and we used to buy prepared meals but now everything is being cook in the house and was able to use my stockpile since, has been in the cupboard of more than a year. The good thing is that I can keep track of the expiry dates of the goodies and keep long expiry on at the back for later use.
    I normally buy meats that are 50% off and will boil them first and keep it in the freezer for later use. My family loves anything with sauce or broth so I make sure that we have something ready especially for a cold day. I have a bread maker but has not been using it lately after reading this thread just reminded me to use it again LOL. I used our rice cooker as extra crock pot to tenderize meat for soup and it is an excellent appliance in my kitchen. My family doesn't mind eating leftovers for two days. We don't cook new foods until we finish the leftovers, unless we have guest in the house, so that no food is wasted.
    I freeze milk, cheese and cream cheese and stock up when they are on sale with coupons. Started teaching my kids that we only purchase items on sale with coupons and it is so funny when my eldest son will remind me that we are not buying things he wants without the coupons, teaching him patience which is good.
    We are immigrant of this wonderful country and everything that we enjoy here we never have the opportunity to try them back home, so we are very grateful.
    Couponing have save me a lot of money and I have shared them with people that I work with how amazing way to save and build your bank account.
    Last edited by SimplifiedMommyTips; Tue, Feb 19th, 2013 at 09:54 AM. Reason: updates

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Good morning FF'ers!
    Its pouring here and I"m enjoying the last of my coffee before heading out to metro to get my cheap chicken wings.....and some other freebies I have collected. The cashiers will love me I'm sure.
    Can I just say that meal planning alone has saved me oodles of $? I keep a spreadsheet of what meals we have ingredients for (usually two weeks worth at a time) and we pick from the list which is still giving us a choice instead of "I don't feel like that,etc".
    It keeps my grocery lists simple and I don't end up with another trip to the store because I forgot something and definitely cuts down on impulse spending and take out.
    Have a great day all!
    Last edited by Caseythegoalie; Tue, Feb 19th, 2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Resized image

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

I am sooo with you on this one, as I only have 1 package left. I need a sale real badly.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I'm hoping that there is a good sale on lean ground beef soon, I'm running REALLY low.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    I am sooo with you on this one, as I only have 1 package left. I need a sale real badly.
    I got a couple family packs to split from metro today for about $10 (decent sized).

Success! Spent $42.26 at Metro (used $41.55 in coupons). Ended up getting $21 worth of ground beef, lasagna noodles, .99 pop and some discounted snacks. Its more then I wanted to spend oop BUT we will use them all the same.
    Many of the FPCs will be used for company this weekend, along with the homemade lasagna I will make.
    Picked up 34 airmiles too

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    I think Freshco had Lean Ground Beef tubes on sale this week for $3.98 (or something close to that) for 2lb tubes. Also No Frills has Lean Ground Chicken $3/lb.
    gourmetsue likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just saying "hi" to all my fellow frugal Februarians! I've been falling off the wagon a bit lately (damn this cold weather and late buses that are causing so many cab rides!) but I've been cooking more at home than ever and feel all the better for at least consciously watching where my spending money goes. 9 days to go - we got this, team!

What's the most surprising thing you guys have learned about your spending habits during FF? For me it was the aforementioned taxis - I was taking 3-4 per week! Now it's closer to 2-3 but still! Yowza!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:37 AM.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Just wanted to say you ladies are doing grea this month

So far for me my DD car is in the garage so she is using my car to go to work,i don't really mind because if i'm out i tend to spend.i spent this week so far $40 of gas for which i had a Esso GC so nothing spent also went to Pharmapix to get a few items total of $20.00 had a GC for that also.Tomorrow will have to do some groceries at Loblaws and i have a Loblaws Gc so we will see .This month i believe i spent a total of $2.37 to date i have 18 no spend days and there are 9 more days left in the month.

I also did 2 cleaning jobs $160.00 and helped my DD at her work and made a $120.00 so i'm way ahead this month
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Just wanted to say you ladies are doing grea this month

So far for me my DD car is in the garage so she is using my car to go to work,i don't really mind because if i'm out i tend to spend.i spent this week so far $40 of gas for which i had a Esso GC so nothing spent also went to Pharmapix to get a few items total of $20.00 had a GC for that also.Tomorrow will have to do some groceries at Loblaws and i have a Loblaws Gc so we will see .This month i believe i spent a total of $2.37 to date i have 18 no spend days and there are 9 more days left in the month.

I also did 2 cleaning jobs $160.00 and helped my DD at her work and made a $120.00 so i'm way ahead this month
    Fabulous!!!!!
    YOU AND ME and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lecale: I can't rep you now but condimental made me lol. It's totally me too.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Caseythegoalie- The rain? That why I sent my DH to get the cheep/cheap wings! LOL! We also got the chunkies for my little guy. It was everything within me to NOT use all my coupons and stock the freezer. I think I still have 8 coupons left from a trade. But, I bought just enough to get through Feb and Lent.

Yesterday, I used up the veggies from my veggie tray from the party and made Chicken Teriyaki. (BTW-Teriyaki sauce it so much cheaper to make- even with coupons!) It is the perfect (and only way) to get DS to eat cauliflower.

Today- thanks to the NF sale and coupons- Dinner for 3 adults and one toddler was $5.00 total- Fish, mashed potatoes and broccolli! Both Pop and DS are picky so it is a bit of a challenge to come up with ONE dinner that everyone will mostly eat.

I can't believe that we are @ the 19th already!
    Last edited by matty's mom; Tue, Feb 19th, 2013 at 07:18 PM.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information