User Tag List

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree1584Likes

Thread: Frugal February Chatter

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 10:02 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I've been adding them to the soups they get snuck it and dh doesn't notice (haha) and the sweet patatoes save me from having to add carrots. I don't mind them but and big but I end up being the only one eating them unless they go in the soup.

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Supper?

Chicken Teryaki- it is DS favourite so we usually have it every two weeks- and I have cauliflower that needs to be eaten. In my house: Cauliflower MUST be disguised.

Jasperandchar:
    Along the vein of soup, try this for your tuscan blend veggies:
    http://recipes.todaysparent.com/Reci...ortellini_Soup

I made the soup and just threw in the bag (after I had partially thawed and chopped them). It is really easy to tweak to your family preferences. My family has decided that they don't like those veggies on their own, so for us- it is either this soup or a Frittata. I still have 8 bags left. It was a great coupon/bargain LOL !

We got our chapman's coupon (from DS making "sundaaaaays") so starting March off with a burning coupon in our pocket!
    matty's mom, macw1960 and lecale like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Tonights dinner was canned deer meat (which was canned with patatoes, carrots &amp; green beans) I made a gravy and it was very yummy. &nbsp;Dh was so happy because we now know how to fix deer meat and enjoy it.<br><br>I must admit I don't like most wild meats as I can't stand the talla (spelling unsure) that funny taste BUT this deer has none of that flavour, so cheap meat.<br><br>I need to bake again this weekend as I skipped last weekend and my sugar monkeys are going into withdrawal as I am not buying the store bought desserts.
    Crochetlady, macw1960 and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Would love to try making tortillas! Easy?
    Unbelievably easy. Like 4 ingredients. Mix, roll, cook. I got the recipe from heavenlyhomemakers.com It's one of her ebooks. I got it for free when she had a promo for $5 off any ebook or something. Her recipe for taco seasoning is on her website too!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I make my own taco seasoning, it is so so so so so much better than the store bought stuff and can be made with no salt. I won't eat store bought one started eating tacos after making my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Unbelievably easy. Like 4 ingredients. Mix, roll, cook. I got the recipe from heavenlyhomemakers.com It's one of her ebooks. I got it for free when she had a promo for $5 off any ebook or something. Her recipe for taco seasoning is on her website too!

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

I have been working on our taxes since last week. Put $5k on RSP to lower our taxable income and with the refund we are getting will be putting it back to our savings, same amount I put on the RSP will be getting it back with the refund money, there is a little bit extra for a bunk bed for the boys, hoping to find a good deal for bunk bed and mattress. My DS's currently sleeping on queen size bed together, after buying the bed last summer we just realized that bunk bed is better because of the lack of space in their room to play. My girlfriend is planning to buy the queen size bed from us, hope to get some money just to cover the cost of the mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Good morning!
    I just emailed my local fitness club to ask about any upcoming promotions for new members.
    I quit smoking almost three years ago (June 1) and have gained a bunch of weight. Its time to look after me!
    I know its not really frugal but this is a real "treat" for me and will save my sanity. This place has a salt water pool too!
    woohoo!
    Anyways, I had a $0 day yesterday so I'm excited about that. Still waiting for my T4 so I can file my taxes......we get a significant amount back because of my son's disability/childcare and my U tuition. I'm planning to pay my mastercard off (yep we have debt) pay tuition, start an emergency fund and pay cash for our Florida trip in May.
    Anyone else getting $ back? What are you doing with it?
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I make my own taco seasoning, it is so so so so so much better than the store bought stuff and can be made with no salt. I won't eat store bought one started eating tacos after making my own.
    I make my own taco seasoning too, and I agree it tastes soooooo much better!

Dinner tonight? I probably should have taken something out of the freezer before leaving for work. Hmmm, breakfast for supper? Pancakes (from scratch of course!) and scrambled eggs, yum!
    Natalka, macw1960, lecale and 2 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well well, here it is Feb 28!
    I just came home from getting my taxes done and we are getting 2K MORE than last year! Woohoo!
    I'm hoping to really stretch this money and will be checking in regularly

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well last night at dinner we were discussing & congratulation ourselves that Frugal February is over and our accomplishments and our learning experiences.

We managed to put $1500.00 on our LOC which is great, however, I would have like to have put more but I set out to accomplish a set amount and acheived our goals. I've noticed as well the kids are feeling better about themselves with the amount of things we get for free or near free that make our everyday spending habits lower. As well they are feeling better will less junk food in the house and have learned the difference between WANT & NEEDS, you need foods but you can live without having treats everyday because they are not healthy for you and cost alot of $ that we don't always have. This month they have learned that the groceries we purchase are what we can afford to purchase and not spend more than we physically have in our wallets - very important lessons in my opinion.

I won't lie the 1st week took adjusting and by the end of the month we pretty much had our budget in sinc and the kids stopped asking for "special request" when it came to groceries. I also showed my boys 9 & 12 the grocery bills and they could see for themselves what things cost and what amounts you actually get. Not having many coupons for items that we regurally purchased during the month of Feb really was an eye opener for all to reconfirm that a budget is really necessary for all areas of life and that you can't/shouldn't LIVE BEYOND YOUR MEANS.

Last night I went to WM to do some shopping with ds's birthday on Sunday I needed to purchase a few gift items and I really wanted to use up the rest of my Kelloggs beyblade & Nerf coupons. I ended up finding an awesome deal on beyblades $6.87 and $5.00 for some as well I purchased 4x small nerf guns = all these beyblads & Nerf products were added to our toy collection for our donations for this Christmas. I was able to purchase 5x zantac with overage and a new grocery store opened nearby and asked WM if they would be price matching this store and was so happy when they said yes and this new grocery store "Mike Deans" had some really great prices.

Well onto Marching on with savings.

Congrats to all.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

"Wants VS Needs"

It is so true!

Congratulations back Jasperandchar, $1500 is nothing to sneeze at for sure!
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Wow awesome job ladies see you can do it if you put your mind to it.I did a cleaning job on Tuesday made $80.00,This month i had 23 no spend days i'm happy i beat last month.I'm sure i'll have to shop in March as my freezer is almost empty.

Well it's on to March good luck ladies
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 09:20 AM.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sandwich meat completely kills a budget. I am not sure when sandwich meat got so expensive. We now find it cheaper to make some sort of roasted item (Chicken, Beef or Ham) and use the leftovers for Sandwiches. So much cheaper, if I buy meat and buns just for me to make sandwiches 4 days a week (I usually give myself a treat once a week of like nachos and dip or leftovers) it is around $7.00 to $10.00 and that is just lunch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I bought dh 3 t-bones for $15.50 at FB and that made me nervous a sec but hey that's 6 times dh can make his own dinner for about $2.50. He likes a lot of things from the deli and I am trying to show him he can eat real premium beef for the same price per meal as a dagwood sandwich. You can't beat ground beef for cheap though and since it is something we just have to have on hand I feel no guilt in stocking at the same level (smaller packs though).

Yesterday I came home and dh had made one of his man creations: about 16 cups of chili made from ground beef and everything that comes from a can. Canned tomatoes, two kinds of sauce, two kinds of mushrooms, french cut green beans (?), pork and beans, you name it, if you could buy it in a can, it was in there. So I had pea soup. We still have pork roast kicking around and there are ingredients for a bunch of other meals...I am glad dh has chili and some steaks to keep him occupied because I have plans involving beans and spinach that he will not eat. It looks like we are on separate paths with our meals for a few weeks again, though.
    lecale and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 10:47 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow - so impressed after reading through all these reports from fellow Frugal Februarians - congrats everyone (and now I want a soup club at my work!)

I did okay myself with my rather modest goals, though halfway through the month we had to replace our sewer lines so we're choosing not to count the thousands of dollars that cost us 6 no-spend days this month (which is great for not-so-thrifty me- usually it's closer to.. 2), cut our eating out/taking in by half, got more use out of the slow cooker, used coupons and cut down on extraneous spending. Not perfect, but that's what goals are for, right? Put $400 on my visa and $400 in my savings.

Very very impressed with the level of frugality here though- amazing! I gotta lot to learn

http://wearingthewig.blogspot.ca/201...-february.html
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information