User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Cut my finger open on a case of diet pepsi at SDM on Saturday morning

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Pharmacy owner could have gained customer service points by tending to you or having front shop manager assist you in getting wrapped up.

About the paperwork-it's a good idea to have someone take an incident report. One time I was volunteering at a city-owned venue and a teen volunteer got stung. I made a point to notify the site supervisor and asked her about an incident report, just in case teen later had a reaction or worse. Teen was given topical first aid.

As OP mentioned, in the workplace, a paper cut should be reported just in case it later becomes a more serious medical issue (another colleague in a workplace explained it to me). Volunteers generally don't get told about protocol regarding cuts/scrapes but if they are in a good organization, usually volunteers have to abide by the workplace safety rules/reporting process in such matters.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I spoke to the store owner (also the pharmasist) and he agreed that I did the right thing by reporting it. They watched the video and saw me get hurt through no fault of my own. I didnt blame the store at all just was frustrated. He said you should always report cuts. He said as a pharmasist he sees infections from small cuts all the time that can turn into a big deal. This is exactly why I reported it as another poster mentioned...you never know what could happen....I am very happy with how the store responded and the owner was respectful, polite and totally supportive. He even gave me a $25 gift card and will talk to pepsi about the incident. I didnt tell the store to get something from them so it was very kind that he offered! I posted a brag in the brag section on what I purchased with my gift card!
    uanoor, bdkmosher and i_forget like this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Just to clarify ...you went back and got the store owner to watch the video from that day?
    And after speaking to him you got rewarded $25 for accidentally cutting yourself on cardboard! Wow.
    ...I accidentally cut myself ALL the time... I should report it more often, I'd be rich!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_cio View Post
    I spoke to the store owner (also the pharmasist) and he agreed that I did the right thing by reporting it. They watched the video and saw me get hurt through no fault of my own. I didnt blame the store at all just was frustrated. He said you should always report cuts. He said as a pharmasist he sees infections from small cuts all the time that can turn into a big deal. This is exactly why I reported it as another poster mentioned...you never know what could happen....I am very happy with how the store responded and the owner was respectful, polite and totally supportive. He even gave me a $25 gift card and will talk to pepsi about the incident. I didnt tell the store to get something from them so it was very kind that he offered! I posted a brag in the brag section on what I purchased with my gift card!
    CrazyQT, GoJays, salady and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

This whole thing just seems totally ridiculous to me.....
    CrazyQT, GoJays and salady like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry millak, I fail to see how you are clarifying in this post? I did not say that I got the store owner to watch the video. He told me he watched the video himself (I didn't even know they had video cameras). I resent the implication that I complained to get a gift card. He told me that he wanted to give me a gift card to thank me for my feedback and for the fact that I did get hurt (by the way this cut did cost me $ as I had to use several bandages and polysporin but those who are being critical aren't thinking about that...and again through no fault of my own).

I think these are so mean, rude and nasty some of these comments. This is just about the rudest post I have ever read. I posted a rant (a small rant) about being irritated for cutting my finger at a store and the backlash from people is unbelieveable.

Quote Originally Posted by millak View Post
    Just to clarify ...you went back and got the store owner to watch the video from that day?
    And after speaking to him you got rewarded $25 for accidentally cutting yourself on cardboard! Wow.
    ...I accidentally cut myself ALL the time... I should report it more often, I'd be rich!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is a very rude post.

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    This whole thing just seems totally ridiculous to me.....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I wasn't aware that rants needed to include "what you wanted from them". I thought rants were just venting. Perhaps the mods can explain the purpose of the rants forum?

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    I'm confused about this rant. What was it you wanted from them? Why do you get the impression that they did not "care"?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

This is a very rude post.
    It's not rude....it's my opinion...I didn't say anything rude in my post.
    CrazyQT, GoJays and salady like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I wasn't aware that rants needed to include "what you wanted from them". I thought rants were just venting. Perhaps the mods can explain the purpose of the rants forum?
    Huh? I was asking a GENUINE question but you decide to just become defensive. Please. This is a discussion forum. People are allowed to have a discussion.

You came here, posted a rant that you cut your finger on a case of diet pepsi. Fine. Then you asked the store if you had to make an incident report and the manager filled out some forms. Great. You should've been happy that he at least did that much. That was worthy of a brag in my opinion. Then you go on to say "they didn't seem to care". So....I was failing to see what the RANT is? That you got a finger cut? That you didn't want a finger cut? How should they have been more caring? This is why people are so confused. It would've been helpful to post what outcome you were hoping for.

People injure themselves in public ALL the time...this is nothing new. It's part of life...these things happen. As for this being a rant forum...can you imagine if we all starting coming in here and posting how we cut our finger, gashed our forehead or slipped on the floor and skinned our knee? The rant section would be a bloody mess (pardon the pun)!

Also, I have done WSIB (Workplace Safety & Insurance Board) training. There is nothing in WSIB about filling out forms for customers who injure themselves. This is for employees only. The store might have their own forms for reporting incidents or keeping track of what was given out from their inventory. This site has some good info.

Out of curiosity, what does this case of diet pepsi look like? Can you post a photo of it? I remember you mentioned that you think they should make safer boxes and that the manager was going to contact Pepsi about it. I am surprised that Pepsi is putting "unsafe" boxes on the shelves.
    CrazyQT, GoJays and peachies like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

In MY opinion your opinion is rude. I have never called anyone or any post ridiculous on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    It's not rude....it's my opinion...I didn't say anything rude in my post.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I wasn't becoming defensive at all. I was saying that I believe that RANTS are venting. I didn't know I had to come up with a solution in my rant.

Again, I didn't say me getting hurt as a customer means I am under WSIB. I said that when I did the training they said small cuts can turn into bigger issues so not to minimize small cuts. YOU are taking what I said previously out of context. If it is a DISCUSSION forum you should clearly read what others have written.

Thanks. I am asking the mods to delete as I did not know this post was going to turn out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    Huh? I was asking a GENUINE question but you decide to just become defensive. Please. This is a discussion forum. People are allowed to have a discussion.

You came here, posted a rant that you cut your finger on a case of diet pepsi. Fine. Then you asked the store if you had to make an incident report and the manager filled out some forms. Great. You should've been happy that he at least did that much. That was worthy of a brag in my opinion. Then you go on to say "they didn't seem to care". So....I was failing to see what the RANT is? That you got a finger cut? That you didn't want a finger cut? How should they have been more caring? This is why people are so confused. It would've been helpful to post what outcome you were hoping for.

People injure themselves in public ALL the time...this is nothing new. It's part of life...these things happen. As for this being a rant forum...can you imagine if we all starting coming in here and posting how we cut our finger, gashed our forehead or slipped on the floor and skinned our knee? The rant section would be a bloody mess (pardon the pun)!

Also, I have done WSIB (Workplace Safety & Insurance Board) training. There is nothing in WSIB about filling out forms for customers who injure themselves. This is for employees only. The store might have their own forms for reporting incidents or keeping track of what was given out from their inventory. This site has some good info.

Out of curiosity, what does this case of diet pepsi look like? Can you post a photo of it? I remember you mentioned that you think they should make safer boxes and that the manager was going to contact Pepsi about it. I am surprised that Pepsi is putting "unsafe" boxes on the shelves.
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sun, Feb 24th, 2013 at 09:00 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Guys, there is no need to argue!

Sarah, it is a forum, people will ask questions. Not all questions are attacks or negative. Please remember that you can't hear tone on the internet and people speak different languages etc. What may seem negative may not always be. Rather than answering posts you find negative, use the report button and a mod will remove the post or speak to the person if necessary.

Peachies, calling anyone's post ridiculous is unnecessary
    salady likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Guys, there is no need to argue!

Sarah, it is a forum, people will ask questions. Not all questions are attacks or negative. Please remember that you can't hear tone on the internet and people speak different languages etc. What may seem negative may not always be. Rather than answering posts you find negative, use the report button and a mod will remove the post or speak to the person if necessary.

Peachies, calling anyone's post ridiculous is unnecessary
    I didn't say that someone's post is ridiculous...people need to stop putting words in my mouth as that is also unnecessary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information