User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Newspaper Coupon Inserts

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm from Ottawa and wondering which newspapers, bought at a store, carries the coupon inserts. over the last several weekends I have gone into 7 or 8 different stores, looking into the Ottawa Citizen Newspapers, for the inserts which are mentioned with no success. I haven't seen a Citizen newspaper box anywhere in quite a while either.

I have tried phoning the newspaper subscribers line and was told the papers in the stores do not come with inserts of any kind and was referred to the people who distribute the free flyers. Upon calling them I was told They do not handle the coupon inserts just the flyers.

Anyone know how I can get hold of the inserts without subscribing to the newspaper......
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

damsle!

You are not the only one. I have been doing the same thing and end up with none. I have been trying to find someone who has extra inserts and I feel like someone trying to buy drugs but no one wants to get busted. I do not know what do either. I have gone through the same exhausting process, word for word and last time I did get one it was supposed to be out on the Saturday and it came out in the Ottawa Sun on Sunday but I sent DH yesterday and I went today and nothing. We are trying to save money and I wish someone could help us-really frustrating. I promiss if someone steps up or if I find a means-you're the first one I'll PM.

F.Y.I. I live in the west-end of Ottawa and several times a week my husband and I will be going to various grocers and they all tell me the same thing..they can describe the person that takes ALLLLL the coupons in every single isle-they see her-they watch her and cannot believe her greadiness-selfishness. I have read certain coupons came out like this morning the SIMPLY ASIA (free product coupons) the coupon zone has 2 bare spots in 2 stores-I just came back. Apparently she goes every Monday, Tuesday and Thursay and raids everything -she even gets them directly from the reps and leaves with them all every week. If YOU are reading this I hope that you realize that we are ALL trying to save here and others that need groceries and I'll stop there-It just gets me upset. Anyways-if you can kindly let me know too I would appreciate too. When the spring comes, I'll be walking and recycling and I'll give them to you. Let's see what happens. Take care.
    damsle likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I will do the same as I too am in the West End. This sounds like a reuse to get everyone to subscribe to their newspapers.
    oscarandme likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Some inserts have been showing up with my EMC community newspaper which is delivered free on Fridays to my door.

Oscardandme, if the grocers see someone stealing from the newspapers, why don't they put a stop to it and make her pay?

Damsle, when I was more heavily involved into couponing, I was very successful in getting extras by going out on recycling day and taking them from peoples' boxes. Another strategy was visiting places where they give complementary newspapers (like McDonald's) and taking the ones that people were leaving behind. Check out coffeeshops too where customers will go have a coffee. Some bring their newspapers and leave them behind.
    oscarandme and TinaMarieB like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

blueeyetea!
    Apparently she takes directly from the shelves,wall and from the rep. leaving the coupons. Not from papers. I had just home from not finding any, just the cardboard staring at me so maybe I did not explain properly. No - just straight from the postings. I guess aswell the coupons are there to take and 1 hogger or 50 people walking by...they are up and take them is the idea.

Also I have tried to with restaurants and always never find any. I plan to start recycling walks that is a great suggestion for Damsle but you know I get EMC too and about a month ago they do not deliver the insert anymore (I sent an email to dist. mgr. and no reply. and apparently the -(I always get the name wrong-because they changed it so often) the Ottawa City .... and they stop publishing so one delivered the Smartsource (The Ottawa..) and delivery was spiratic and EMC was RED PLUM so those were dependable. So when I couldn't get them on the dates published atleaast I kind of had one of each. I just want a few I can count on so..I don't want tons, just a few. Thank you blueeyetea for the suggestions, if you need some too, let me know and I'll keep you im mind. I love that we are talking about this, anymore input or questions, I check this thread every day. Nice to hear from other Ottawaians????(spell?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too have been searching for the coupon inserts in the Ottawa Citizen, National Post and the Ottawa Sun. I went out last weekend looking and didnt have any luck. I'm really not sure where to go to find them, so you need to prescribe to the newspaper to get it?
    oscarandme likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HI

I live in the east end of Ottawa--Orleans actually.

Did not get my insert last weekend in the Citizen--do not know if someone took it (am in apartment) or if it will come this weekend. When I get it, usually go to McDonald's and pick up a few on the Sunday in the Ottawa Sun that they get for customers.

There is also a site where you can buy coupons--it is called weclip.ca . last year when there were 2 dollar coupons for Europe's best it was certainly worth paying 10 cents a coupon to get them-- you have to spend a minimum of 4 dollars though i think.

I usually go to one or more of loblaws, superstore or independent every 2nd week on a Friday night or a Saturday morning-- they have the coupon zone coupons at the front of the store and are sometimes worth quite a bit.

Also look at the coupon forum on this site to see what others are getting and then I try to head out to a grocery store to watch out for them.

Sometimes go for a ride on the Quebec side to see what they have
    oscarandme likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know I'm not from Ottawa (southern ontario actually) but I deliver papers on Sundays in my area. At the end of the night when all carriers have picked up their papers I look to see if there is any extra inserts or any that have gotten ripped and are not deliverable. I would never take any that belong to customers but there is always a few leftover. It is also a great souce for extra money.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thank you everyone for the advice and if you think of anything else...that's great..it's funny that it is such a mystery and there is nowhere to call? I can't believe it is so difficult to find out which day, which newspaper in Ottawa and why is it not on the same schecule as others or is it? are other people not getting too except us and if you are which day did you get it just so we know so we can buy some too.

Actually adesjardins may I ask you? do you deliver with a local paper in your area? and which day did it come out?

Also immac2927! Thank you for all the suggestions I will take a look at weclip.ca. Thank you so much.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Toronto Sun is on Sundays and The Spec is on Saturdays. They are usually the first weekend of the month. There is 3 in total. I noticed that they have been splitting them up lately and getting them on seperate weekends. Not quite sure why, but they all know me and save me the coupons if I'm not delivering that weekend. There is a couple people that also bring me coupons from the other paper that I don't deliver. The neighbours are great for keeping them for me. You can always tell which of your neighbours recieve the paper when it snows overnight.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

adesjardins!

Thank you, sounds like you have great co-workers, neighbours and people you know. So they are not necessarily coming out the expected dates according to the schedule wither? Thanks for sharing adesjardins.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    which newspaper in Ottawa and why is it not on the same schecule as others or is it?
    I'm a weekend subscriber to the Ottawa Citizen and the coupons are always on Saturdays. The schedule is posted somewhere on Smart Canucks on when they're available. It only happened once that I didn't get it with my paper and I complained right away. It never happened again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There used to be a date on the top of when the next pack of coupons would be, but I haven't seen that in about 2 months.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

This year I have checked Ottawa Citizen, Toronto Star and Ottawa Sun every single scheduled date and the follwing 2 dates because (I or DH) always get a coffee at Tim Hortons early and we check there and later at a 2nd locations near my home and nothing.. I'm telling you maybe they are being taken from the stands? I don't live in a bad neighborhood (spell?). It is very odd. Thank you for sharing, I'm glad one of us is getting some consistancy and now that I/we know - Saturday is actually when it comes out in the Citizen- well for me anyways -it doesn't change anything.

Actually sometimes too I have tried other locations on Saturdays, I'm just thinking it over and there wasn't any either. I don't know..It's like the Holy Grail for non-subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    I'm a weekend subscriber to the Ottawa Citizen and the coupons are always on Saturdays. The schedule is posted somewhere on Smart Canucks on when they're available. It only happened once that I didn't get it with my paper and I complained right away. It never happened again.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Well, just came back from going to Freshco to see if Febreeze was on sale...Fresco on Robertson road,is it me or it doesn't participate as much as I hear others do?

Also no Smartsource today, went to ESSO,LOBLAWS and other gas station, flipped through several copies, variety Citizen, TO Star, Ottawa Sun...nada.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information