User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Dentist rant

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

And the worse...he had 2 cancell so he had time for me...but I was not ready after the news of the$$ so he offer me to do 3 teeth or...before he wanted to extract my my young teeth..I was happy because it was not the nightmare I dreamed after all I heard in the past few days...2 min after he change his mind...why...because 3 is more $$$ than 1....even if it is the thing make me suffer the most...now he have place only in end of february...I regret to have not said at the moment..excuse me...yoou say you want to do that...do it and dont change your mind...It if not the first time he did that to me.....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

They really sucks. I like the suggestions that you have been given.

I booked a dental cleaning back in November. The earliest appointment they had was for tomorrow. I have been experiencing jaw pain ever since I was put on antibiotics for a breast abscess in November. I seriously dislike & distrust dentists. I went to this dental office in Aug 2011 & the young female dentist did not find anything wrong on the x-rays, but insisted that there were two cavities in matching molars. I had already told her about these 4 matching molars that were misshapen and had fillings in the middle of each of them. As it turned out, she'd filled two of these teeth (on the inside, towards my tongue) without freezing. She drilled out "staining" which wax the existing silver fillings, not cavities. One of these fillings fell out within a month and was re-filled for free. I am going back to the same office, but seeing the experienced older dentist this time. If there is any work that needs to be done in my mouth, it will not e do e in this city. No dentists in my city will bill your dental coverage directly, so you gave to pay out of pocket first.
    We just found out yesterday that my husband's work is not going to give him tomorrow off work as a personal day. This is extra sucky because LO will have to go to a babysitter & my husband will not be around for moral support.

By the way, this is only the most recent issue I have had with dentists. I have had many problems with bad dental offices over the years in the provide.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

It might seem like a lot now but if you don't get them fixed imagine how much more you will have to pay later, double or triple the cost to fix them! Get them done a few at a time so you are not spending one lump sum of money.
    Last year I had 2 root canals which cost me $1850 and had all 4 wisdom teeth out , that cost me close to $4000 but we are lucky bc both BF and I have insurance and only had to pay 300 out of pocket for everything.

Better to get what you can done now, so you will not suffer later
    super_e and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So heath of the patients yes...but money and time rentabilised is in his mind all the time..So it is a businness....

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Have you considered going going to dental students to have them fixed? Some universities have dental labs in their for students to pratice on. Usually you would only have to pay for cost of materials, which is SO much cheaper.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Jeez I should thank my dentist! Everyone's stories are so scary! My dentist is very very kind, I have never felt like he was using me for money at all. Perhaps try to find another dentist that makes you feel more comfortable Cath?
    Why such a long wait time as well? I have never waited more then a week when I call to see my dentist.
    super_e likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The''plan'' is for 3 appointement.... First young teeth and 2 others ,Two 4 and Three the remaining and get rest between the appoitment..an I hope my other young teeth will never go out...because I dont want this experiance 2 time...stupid tooth who came out at 27 year....gna

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Jeez I should thank my dentist! Everyone's stories are so scary! My dentist is very very kind, I have never felt like he was using me for money at all. Perhaps try to find another dentist that makes you feel more comfortable Cath?
    Why such a long wait time as well? I have never waited more then a week when I call to see my dentist.

I was experimented some major familly issue that depressed me so I negliged myself and for the students dental office I have a link given by maribel..I will put it here..seems a good solution...My dentist...dont take me for a bank..it is my perception...but he benefit from my cavity...as well a pharmacist with pill and the list goes on......

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi there,

are you in quebec? Is there something like program mentioned in the article in your area? Or if you're close enough to access it, might be a good option. Worth looking into anyways.. (I would have done a more specific search but I wasn't sure where in QC you live)

http://theseniortimes.blogspot.ca/20...that-wont.html

With any luck you live near enough to get to either of the clinics mentioned in the article.

I hope it works out for you!

-maribel
    Tbites likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

And I should mention I am an extremmely nervous person and do panic attack..do you think it is easy in those case to go to the dentist...hum..no...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So I just want to share my experiance I dont want to feel guilty or judged thanks you for a least trying to understand. It make me feel better to talk about...but remember I expose all my story..It is not easy too.
    Natalka likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I feel for you Cath! DH has terrible teeth!! First time he went in 3 years was last december because I was sick and fed up of paying for our benefits and never using them. Turns out he has 13 cavities and maybe 1 root canal (already had one 3 years ago). We're doing a little bit at a time because it's so damn expensive. Luckily this is the first dentist we've been to that bill the insurance directly.

I can't believe how insanely expensive dental work is. Seems so wrong.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

ok, I apologize for how big the pic is, I still haven't figured out how to resize it using my new computer. Here is a pic of my teeth after my $6700 investment. It was cosmetic work, my teeth were less than straight before and not as white as I'd like them. Now they are straight and super white. FYI, I took this pic in my room and the way the light was the whole pic looks orangish ( even my teeth lol ) they are actually much whiter than they look here.... as am I!! I'm like a ghost usually!! lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Also, ask your dentist if they have a payment plan!! Many places will allow you to make monthly or weekly payments when it is an ongoing process or if the bill is very high!! I hope you can figure out something, if you just leave the cavities they will get worse and more expensive over time!!
    gourmetsue likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hey Cath

If you are currently a full-time college or university student, benefits might have been included in your tuition. I know when I went to school, you had to opt-out of benefits. So when I paid my tuition, I paid for benefits as well. I had medical and dental coverage without even knowing it.

Also you might want to look to see if your school is affiliated with Green Shield Canada. It's a network of dentists who offer student discounts all over Canada. Or if you school has a list of dentists that offer student discounts.

Or you could also go to a dental school to get minor work done.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information