User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Dentist rant

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Last year i had to have oral surgery. $4000 . Only $900 was covered by my insurance. And so far I've have 2 teeth break since then. One is fixed, but i haven't fixed the other one yet.

Im Frugal & I Know It! mandygeering's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Im confused about why people are allowed to have abortions for free, but when we have super crappy tooth problems that we need fixed they cost an arm and a leg! That is just stupid. Why dont kids have 100% coverage at the dentist? Arent they important? I just had to get my son tooth pulled because he chipped it and they couldnt save it! Cost me $450 and they want to pull another one and fill some cavities, totalling $1800! What the hell is up with that? He is 4! I have taken excellent care of he teeth in case your wondering, its genetics. I had mine pulled way early to. Sad but true!
    Natalka, Crochetlady and cath007 like this.
    Please visit my blog! http://funkyfrugalmommy.com I host giveaways, post recipes, jokes, freebies and more! Hope to see you soon!

Im Frugal & I Know It! mandygeering's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Dont we need our teeth to find jobs, eat, and otherwise live comfortably? ugh the world is a sad place sometimes!
    cath007 and thriftygranny like this.
    Please visit my blog! http://funkyfrugalmommy.com I host giveaways, post recipes, jokes, freebies and more! Hope to see you soon!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

if this can wait get blue cross.. u may need to repay the initial exam by going to another dentist but cheaper in long run...also why as a student do u not have insurance? most schools have them...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    if this can wait get blue cross.. u may need to repay the initial exam by going to another dentist but cheaper in long run...also why as a student do u not have insurance? most schools have them...
    For the response ''School in adults'' dont have it.
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Feb 25th, 2013 at 01:26 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

There are places where students studying to be dentists/hygenists need patients to practice on. There are certified teachers there to supervise. Some patients are paid as incentive. Some even take kids. Or you can do a Mr. Bean and self-drill and fill, lol.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am back from the dentist...182$ for x ray and a cleaning...

I discovered 11 cavites...and that will cost me...1500$...hey I am a student...do yo take me for a bank...^^^^^^^

I am destructed,despressed and wwhat is the goal to use coupons and saving ended up like this.....
    I dont know how I will make it..seriously...

Anyone have coupons for Sensodyne Pro email and know where it on sale and a low price^^^

The bill is worse than the pain...I can tell you.................
    Saturday went to RCSS and noticed they have Sensodyne toothpaste coupon.Do not remember it's $1 or $2 off.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

My blue cross insurance is $50 a month, covers 80% of both minor and major dental work up to $2000 a year, I believe? Don't quote me on that. It does take 3 months before it kicks in, but it's worth it. I needed it initially for a broken tooth/root canal that I couldn't afford, but it's the best plan I've been on since.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

I am a dental assistant, and I wish u lived closer so I could help u out!!!! I work for a great dentist!!!! BUT not all dentists r honest and not all dentist do good work. A second opinion is never a bad idea. Just ask for a copy of your x-rays, book a consult appt with another dentist and get your second opinion. Most dentists will not charge u for a quick 5 min consult.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not a dentist rant but a hygienist rant. I was charged for fluoride treatment. I remember she asked me if I wanted fluoride treatment, after her explaining that it's in a tray and you keep in your mouth, I said no.
    Then she gave me a rinse. She did not say what it was and I suspect this is the fluoride I've been charged for (reading from the internet fluoride is also a rinse).
    Btw, she did not say it was fluoride, she said mentioned rinse. So I had no idea what it was and thought it was normal procedure.

Definitely finding a new dentist and hygienist. (my current dentist isn't great either)

DH is also going to find a new dentist. His current one would do optional treatments and charged him for these. He was never asked if he wanted to have them done or that they will be additional charges.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Wow, so many problems with dentists! I've never had any issues with my dentist. I wasn't a big fan of one of the hygienist's though, she cracked my jaw because I couldn't open my mouth wide enough. Turns out after I had my wisdom teeth removed, my jaw muscles tensed around my jaw hinge, making it hard for me to open my mouth wide. Had to go to physio for that. I still clench my teeth when I'm stressed and I get tension headaches from it. Sometimes I sleep with a heat pad on my pillow to help relax the muscles...

Even when I wasn't covered by benefits for dental work I still made it a priority to go at least once a year despite crippling debt problems.
    Crochetlady likes this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Even when I wasn't covered by benefits for dental work I still made it a priority to go at least once a year despite crippling debt problems.
    +1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information