User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: Confessions of a Mom

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lol I lov this thread. Especially today as I hope the kids dont notice it supper time and I am on day three of DHs business trip.
    I totally have my younger son convinced he makes the best coffee and is the best sweeper in the house.
    Heres is a confession for my mom. She told me I was a preemie and I believed her until I was at least 11. Embarrassing to say that was when I realized preemies don't weigh 9 pounds. Then when my older was 10 he asked how I was turning 43 if gramma and papa had been married 43 years. I said go ask gramma yup still a brat.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Can you tell your mom that I said thank you and that she is a genius? Between the snatching of the chocolate and lying to you about your coffee skills, well I think that she is just the best lol
    I'll tell her!!

My mother also told me and brother that we could cause girls to become handicapped.... uh but I am not going to tell you that story. I'll just say it worked until we figured out it was not true.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I totally have my younger son convinced he makes the best coffee and is the best sweeper in the house.
    He'll figure it out one day! When you get decaf... that is when he wised up!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    He'll figure it out one day! When you get decaf... that is when he wised up!
    decaf. Oh no he will be grounded for that.
    i_forget and vesper like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My mom led us to believe places like McDonalds and other junky snack foods were too expensive for us. So all I got for lunch were super healthy fresh foods. I guess it's probably for the best, my cousin who got all those things ended up being "bigger" and I was always very healthy....
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

The first day of daycare was a blessed blessed day! I cried tears of happiness and relief, but told everyone I missed DS terribly.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    Confessions:

- can't wait for Monday to come so that I can sit in my office at work and have a nice quiet cup of hot coffee
    - I go to the bathroom just to have a moment to myself
    - stay in the shower a few minutes more to gather my courage
    - hate when DH pretends to be asleep so that I have to get up with DS
    - if I hear that Thomas train going round the track one more time, I will scream!
    - why can't the kid get into his car seat nice and quietly, must it always be a wrestling match?

Love the little munchkin, but he can grate mommy's nerves.

I do this all the time.
    I also do this so I don`t have to read to DD at 4 am.

DiamondLil likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

- My son can't wipe his own Butt and he's 5, pretty sad I know.
    - I have a hate love relationship that Dora, she's a great babysitter but her voice annoys the crap out of me.
    - My DS was a nail biter I told him if he continue's he'll grow a tree in his tummy till be becomes a tree. ( that worked)
    - Treehouse is on 24/7 at my home.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While I was getting ready for my trip tomorrow, I thought of another thing my Mom did that got her a lot of mileage.

Me and bro wanted to join the military when we grew up, Mom told us about 'The Mothers Assessment' military recruiters did, and it was that in which they decided who drove tanks, operated rocket launchers vs those who were given helmets and a gun and had to fight in jungles, deserts etc.

Although we did not quite believe out own mother would give the military recruiter a bad assessment of us, we generally were open to her insistence they were going to quiz her on our diet and attitude towards authority etc.

I can't remember when I learned there was no such thing as a mothers assessment.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Can you tell your mom that I said thank you and that she is a genius? Between the snatching of the chocolate and lying to you about your coffee skills, well I think that she is just the best lol
    I totally agree, Vespers mom is a genius. I wish I knew her tricks years ago.
    walkonby, Granger, PammieD and 2 others like this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I was NEVER going to yell at my kids, I was NEVER going to be THAT mother with the screaming child in the grocery store, I was NEVER going to buy them electronics, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, I do ALL of those things, and more!
    I have done tons of things I said I wasn't going to do...GUILTY.

The thing is we have no clue what is best when we are thinking about our perfect little words.

My SIL who just had a baby gave me all her formula coupons (my DD2 is now fully weaned from the breast and on formula) because she is going to breastfeed exclusively for the first year. My first thoughts were, so was I! While I am pro breastfeeding and I hope she is able to do the full year, after 6 months of exclusively BFing and pumping every day to supplement my distracted little eater, and after I met my goal of exclusively BFing for 6 months I welcomed the can of formula into my house. Point being, I asked her if she was sure she didn't want to keep the formula coupons just in case...nope.

As my DD1 has recently taken to sleeping naked and is not potty trained (she likes to undress), I have realized I cannot control her, but I can control her environment to help her make better choices and most of the time can control my actions/reactions (double diapering, onesies...etc).

Every day I am learning to not judge others because maybe they are having that moment when they need to break their own rules. I am also learning to not put parameters on myself because you just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    I totally agree, Vespers mom is a genius. I wish I knew her tricks years ago.
    I plan to buy her manual.

Love this thread.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter left a pile of scrap paper on the living room floor.
    i told her to pick it up and she ignored me, so I opted for natural consequences parenting.
    instead of nagging, or picking it up my self, I left it there. An hour later she was tearing ass through the living room, hit the paper and fell on her ass.
    i told her "i told you to pick up your paper....guess I was right. How is your elbow?"

she cleaned up her paper, did not say a word to me.

She s going to be one hell of a woman
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter left a pile of scrap paper on the living room floor.
    i told her to pick it up and she ignored me, so I opted for natural consequences parenting.
    instead of nagging, or picking it up my self, I left it there. An hour later she was tearing ass through the living room, hit the paper and fell on her ass.
    i told her "i told you to pick up your paper....guess I was right. How is your elbow?"
    she cleaned up her paper, did not say a word to me.
    She s going to be one hell of a woman
    That's good. I'm always afraid though with my luck I would be the one who falls!
    itsjustmebub, i_forget and vesper like this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by erin9mmm View Post
    That's good. I'm always afraid though with my luck I would be the one who falls!
    I make a point to remember where the mess is because if I don't, I am falling too.
    she did it a couple of years ago and her mess was on the stairs....I totally forgot about it, fell down the stairs and broke my toe....never again lol
    itsjustmebub and erin9mmm like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Good for you I_forget! I'm a HUGE proponent of natural consequences. While my daughter is only a baby, in a past life I played live in nanny for a family of 4. The family is like my family now, even though the kids are all grown and in university/med school etc! We're still super close. This is where I learned about natural consequences...it's an amazing concept. I highly recommend "childen: the challenge"...a little old school (but the principles still hold true).

My confession of the day: today I walked VERRRRRY slowly around the car to get the car seat out (4 times) so that I couldn't hear the screaming...teething and/or growth spurts SUCK! !!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information