User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: FreshPoints - New Canadian Reward Points! *App Ended*

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For those of you holding on for more points, I have a small suggestion.

Maybe you should redeem now, just to make sure it all works out, since it's such a new app.

I don't have any iOS devices, so I can't try it myself. But it would be sad if you spent time earning points, and then didn't get the big rewards you were hoping for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks!! Just got the app and going to try it out. Hopefully it all works out because i actually might like this one. I can't stand swagbucks and others, i find them very annoying and never seem to qualify for any surveys.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

only got 1 point for each item I scanned.....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by freebie101 View Post
    Are you using the 4th gen iPod Touch? If you are, its camera is way weaker then the iphone/ipad one so you need to be in a very well lit room for it to work. At least that was my experience with it.
    Oh, OK. Thanks! Maybe I will try it in a different room then. It is kinda dark in my bedroom. (And yes, I believe mine is the 4th generation.)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTeaKitty View Post
    only got 1 point for each item I scanned.....
    After you rate it you get another point and if you post it on facebook or twitter you get another 3 pts per item. If you scan an item that they don't have, it will ask you to take a pic, you get 5 pts per item when you do that.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aaaargh, the scanning thing is still not working for me. The screen says, "Tap barcode to focus," so I tap away at the screen like a maniac, but nothing happens whatsoever. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried it in a brightly lit room and it doesn't help. It's so frustrating because this seems like a really cool program, and I really wanna get in on it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie90 View Post
    Aaaargh, the scanning thing is still not working for me. The screen says, "Tap barcode to focus," so I tap away at the screen like a maniac, but nothing happens whatsoever. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried it in a brightly lit room and it doesn't help. It's so frustrating because this seems like a really cool program, and I really wanna get in on it!
    All you need to do is let the barcode focus. Do not tap, I'm not sure why it says that. You will see it focus and then your point will come up. Hope this helps.
    Mags likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for your help, peachies. I tried just letting it focus, but it still isn't working. Ah well, maybe I'll try again tomorrow in a different location.

Lexilighter
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Has anyone else noticed how much of a data pig this app is? I used it for the first time yesterday morning, scanned 10 things, rated them and checked in once and I was already over my daily limit for data. If I wanted to try scanning all of the items in my cupboard I would have a huge phone bill on my hands. Also, has anyone noticed that the check in part doesn't seem to work right? I was in the store and it still said I was .3 kms away and wouldn't let me check in!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Is there a limit to how many items you can scan or how many pts you can get in a day? Ive been scanning my stockpile and it said I reached my limit???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Is there a daily limit on how many items you can scan? Ive been scanning my stockpile and it says " sorry you have reached the award limit for this action". I can't find any rules or anything to go by.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    For those of you holding on for more points, I have a small suggestion.

Maybe you should redeem now, just to make sure it all works out, since it's such a new app.

I don't have any iOS devices, so I can't try it myself. But it would be sad if you spent time earning points, and then didn't get the big rewards you were hoping for.
    That's a good point. Similar thing happened with Kraft First Taste. People were earning points much faster than they anticipated, so a lot of people had all their points removed without warning, and action limits were placed on everything that earned points.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    All you need to do is let the barcode focus. Do not tap, I'm not sure why it says that. You will see it focus and then your point will come up. Hope this helps.
    Ya I have this problem sometimes too. I usually try exiting and then entering again and it fixes it.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexilighter View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how much of a data pig this app is? I used it for the first time yesterday morning, scanned 10 things, rated them and checked in once and I was already over my daily limit for data. If I wanted to try scanning all of the items in my cupboard I would have a huge phone bill on my hands. Also, has anyone noticed that the check in part doesn't seem to work right? I was in the store and it still said I was .3 kms away and wouldn't let me check in!
    Yikes. I didn't notice that because I was on wifi. The uploading of photos would use up the most bandwidth, so I would avoid doing that too. Luckily I have a lot of data included in my phone plan, so it probably won't be an issue for me. But it's good that you pointed it out for those who don't have data plans.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky5 View Post
    Is there a daily limit on how many items you can scan? Ive been scanning my stockpile and it says " sorry you have reached the award limit for this action". I can't find any rules or anything to go by.
    For 'checking in' it was a glitch that should be fixed now. Make sure you download any available updates for the app so that the fixes can be applied. But you can only upload a maximum of 45 new product images a day. I think I also remember reading on their FB page that there is a limit of scanning 100 items per "scanning session" or something like that.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information