User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: For Sale or Trade - Adult Sibling - I've had enough of "siblingitis"!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    we grow older but not everyone "grow-ups)"
    Oooh. That's wise.
    Thanks.
    Ciel and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hm... I guess I should have mentioned I have five siblings, so it's not like the aforementioned brother leaves a hole...

I'm totally close with my two oldest sisters and my younger brother.
    My next-oldest sister and me love each other, but she really doesn't like me, so contact is limited, but we are totally there for one another if need be. (That took a LONG while for me to come to terms with; she just could never embrace my black sheepness!)
    You're a black sheep, Natalka????
    Natalka, DaveP and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I like the way you dealt with your aggravation Shwa ( used comedy posting the thread, and went to workout while the frustration was still hot in your veins!)
    Oooh. You should have seen me in 2011, with the awful coworker (no longer at our place of employ. Hmmm. Surprising eh). I was working out every day because I had to see that troll every day. Hahaha.

I always like to try to laugh -- good therapy and good for mental health.
    Back then I was as fit as Pink in this video. Hahaha.

Name:  pink-grammys.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  40.2 KB
    DaveP and walkonby like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

For the most part me and my siblings get along but as my family has pointed out we have a very funny divide in our family. It is funny me and my sis even though there is a 9 year age difference are very much the same and our two bros are very much the same (not always a good thing), now the funny thing, me and my oldest bro are from my dad's first marriage, my sis and other bro are from my dad's second marriage. Me and my sister did not grow up together, she lived with my dad and step mom and I lived with my mom, yes we shared a room but only saw each other every other weekend and for a week here and there in the summer.

Both of my brothers can be very self centered and think they are "special" as in they do not have to help, they do not have to clean up after themselves and should be catered too. Worst part is when the people play into it and baby them, I am sorry but why should people who are helping prep the meal for the family stop to get you a beer just so you don't have to get off the couch.

Drives me batty when you are doing something and getting called and told to do 50 other things well they sit there watching tv and drinking.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I found I get on better with some members of my family with the Atlantic between us.
    Too funny!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Can trade for a 36 y/0 who still lives at home and has never worked, runs up a visa bill and expects parents to pay, only likes the finer things in life, especially when someone else is paying.
    anisa, Crochetlady, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Have a mechanically inclined younger brother who does not see household chores as part of his daily routine. Can fix things when he *wants to*. More relaxed personality than mine-goes with flow. Has a wardrobe that needs to be more adultlike than high school (think T-shirts with sayings that don't seem appropriate) yet won't permit me to toss them (he thinks they are interesting). Sometimes does his own laundry-am waiting to see if he EVER does my laundry or the household laundry (not yet and we're talking three decades so far).

I'd like a sister in trade! May consider a brother.
    anisa, Crochetlady, DaveP and 3 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Can trade for a 36 y/0 who still lives at home and has never worked, runs up a visa bill and expects parents to pay, only likes the finer things in life, especially when someone else is paying.
    O.k. If we agree to this trade I would also need 10,000 free product coupons and all your Shoppers Optimum points for the next 10 years.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Have a mechanically inclined younger brother who does not see household chores as part of his daily routine. Can fix things when he *wants to*. More relaxed personality than mine-goes with flow. Has a wardrobe that needs to be more adultlike than high school (think T-shirts with sayings that don't seem appropriate) yet won't permit me to toss them (he thinks they are interesting). Sometimes does his own laundry-am waiting to see if he EVER does my laundry or the household laundry (not yet and we're talking three decades so far).

I'd like a sister in trade! May consider a brother.
    Wow. Hmm. This is an interesting trade. I like the mechanically inclined option -- things could be fixed around here.

Will you take a temporary trade, with the option to return within 3 months if not satisfied. This means a "money back guarantee" Hahaha. If your brother is suitable, I will trade the sibling -- you get the 3 month option too. Like Gourmet Sue, I will need free product coupons (100 FPCs) and some Shoppers Optimum points (only 5 years worth -- I'm not greedy)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    O.k. If we agree to this trade I would also need 10,000 free product coupons and all your Shoppers Optimum points for the next 10 years.

DONE!! You'll need those SDM points to get earplugs, because when she starts on about how everyone in the world (yes everyone) has it easier than her you'll want to shut her out). Oh I hope you have a spare car too because she likes to get up and go whenever and wherever she wants.

I will put her in a box and send her fedex ASAP

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@ShwaGirl and @gourmetsue-according to the current Optimum terms, the program ends in 2016. So no ten-year/five-year claims on points in trade.

My brother might be inclined to say I'm a princess (because I go on about "a place for everything and everything in its place) and am quick to say if I don't like something (surround sound on TV, people waking up other family members that are still sleeping for starters). He'd add that I live on soda (sometimes I can), can organize well (rooms, cupboards) but sometimes take too long to get out the door if I have to go somewhere. He's taught me to use a caulking gun and the compressor but has mixed results with my ability to use the Makita power drill.

He'd probably ask for a sibling that can take him as he is and ask for little to no ability to converse--he does not "do" much conversing and tends towards asking things he should have a clue about.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    DONE!! You'll need those SDM points to get earplugs, because when she starts on about how everyone in the world (yes everyone) has it easier than her you'll want to shut her out). Oh I hope you have a spare car too because she likes to get up and go whenever and wherever she wants.

I will put her in a box and send her fedex ASAP
    Earplugs?
    No way. I want Beats By Dre headsets. The expensive kind

$300 each

gourmetsue likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am loving this thread everyone! Very amusing and strangely therapeutic!
    gourmetsue, Shwa Girl and Granger like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I found I get on better with some members of my family with the Atlantic between us.
    LOL I think the same with a few provinces between us and call display to avoid calls sometimes.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ohh yeah call display is awesome -for screening out family

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information