User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: For Sale or Trade - Adult Sibling - I've had enough of "siblingitis"!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLover618 View Post
    LOL - I love this thead. I grew up as an only child who always wanted a sibling or two. Now, I'm sometimes glad I don't have siblings, especially from seeing what my siblings-in-law are like!
    Yup. You are lucky

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had it both ways, I was an only and the oldest child. During the week I was with mom and an only child, on weekends I either had one sibling (if it was my bro's weekend to be at mom's) or I was the oldest with 3 siblings (weekends are dad's bro, plus half bro and half sis). I enjoyed my only siblings times house to myself did not have to share (anyone with brothers knows what I mean when I say fridge is full one minute empty the next and it does not even matter if you bought something special it was food it was far game), no else to clean up after. But it has it's down side too no one else to blame for the mess, no one to whine at to help you because it was too heavy (ok sometimes I played the girl card and would tell my brothers it was so much easier for them, but they played the your a girl your cooking taste better card so it all evened out).

Now that we are adults, my other 3 siblings are a lot closer than I am with any of them. I am now kind of black sheep of the family. Guess I kind of had the best of both worlds not sure which was better or if one was.

It seems like that is life if you have sibs there will be family "issues", I see my mom and her bother's relationship (or lack there of), I see my dad with his brother. But if you want real fun, work with your siblings nothing like a cute little sibiling moment in front of co workers to make you go hmmmm opps maybe we shouldn't have said or done that .
    Shwa Girl and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

This thread is humorous!! I have 9 younger siblings (4 girls & 5 boys) there is prob one or two I could trade..lol....YEP!! ha ha
    Last edited by KelJo; Tue, Feb 12th, 2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have 2 bros 2 sisters. I think they are all right. My older sister went weird a few years ago after joining some internet political groups, but the rest of my siblings are terrific!

((( I wonder if they say the same about me? ))))

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i have a younger sibling who is an entitled, lazy, rude jerk.

takers? lol

there must be a use for ppl like that somewhere.

so glad i have almost a whole country's width between us (includes my parents)

PS... anyone looking for a self absorbed older couple? lol

i love that 99.9% of the time i totally forget i have a sibling.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I have 2 bros 2 sisters. I think they are all right. My older sister went weird a few years ago after joining some internet political groups, but the rest of my siblings are terrific!

((( I wonder if they say the same about me? ))))
    it's good to hear that ppl like that still exist! my hubby's family is 7 siblings, and they are super close.

i am totally making an effort with my kids to encourage a loving relationship between the 2.

they are 6 yrs apart, but they are as close and loving as one could expect.

mind you the little guy tries to be the boss of his older sister, and she's such a mother hen, so it's definitely an exciting balancing act to say the least
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ok, I changed my mind. Can I keep my bros but offer up a cousin who is as close as a bro??????

He is married but still very immature and wow does he have an ego. He likes to go around pretending he is above people can order people around and does not like it when it when someone talks back () or point out he really has no power (). He is a smoker and a drinker and a golfer, has a large appetite preferring junk and fast food.

He is semi house broken, lives in one but is not very clean or tidy. He tends to offend people as his sense of humour can rude and insulting but can never see what he did wrong (he thinks he is an and it always someone else's fault ), he can never take the blame for what happened and will always play the poor me card and if that does not work he will throw money at the problem or try to convince you he is tougher than you.

If you are older than him and not married he will constantly remind you what a disappointment you are and how you were supposed to get married first. But don't let this fool you he is very competitive and might throw a temper tantrum if you did get married before him.

He is also a drama queen and always believes the world is coming to an end.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

My siblings live in another country. I see them every 3-4 years for a few days tops. There are issues with certain siblings not talking to other siblings but I'll keep what I got.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    My siblings live in another country. I see them every 3-4 years for a few days tops. There are issues with certain siblings not talking to other siblings but I'll keep what I got.
    O.k. No trading with you. Glad that you and siblings get along o.k.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

This is about to get interesting. Next weekend we're having my brother and "sister in law" (had a big wedding but they forgot the marriage lic. so it was never legalized), up for dinner. Haven't seen them in 4 years. My uncle is visiting from the UK for 3 weeks this summer so we need to sort out plans for his visit.

At least my brother is normal.

Still up for trade DH's sister. Price drastically reduced!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    This is about to get interesting. Next weekend we're having my brother and "sister in law" (had a big wedding but they forgot the marriage lic. so it was never legalized), up for dinner. Haven't seen them in 4 years. My uncle is visiting from the UK for 3 weeks this summer so we need to sort out plans for his visit.

At least my brother is normal.

Still up for trade DH's sister. Price drastically reduced!!!
    Interesting - price drastically reduced.
    anisa and gourmetsue like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Interesting - price drastically reduced.
    Like FREE and I'll throw in a vacation at this point in time.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hm... I guess I should have mentioned I have five siblings, so it's not like the aforementioned brother leaves a hole...

I'm totally close with my two oldest sisters and my younger brother.
    My next-oldest sister and me love each other, but she really doesn't like me, so contact is limited, but we are totally there for one another if need be. (That took a LONG while for me to come to terms with; she just could never embrace my black sheepness!)
    Kind of creepy. Five siblings. Youngest brother = awesome. Older brother = wouldn't even say hi to each other if we passed each other in a different city randomly. Older sister = had our ins and outs, love each other but do not always like each other. lol, funny you say she doesn't embrace your black sheep-ness because that fully applies to our relationship too, but she is still super awesome. Oldest sister = awesome.
    Natalka, Crochetlady and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Like FREE and I'll throw in a vacation at this point in time.
    So long as the vacation does not involve that Carnival Cruise ship that had 4000 people stranded with no toilets.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...alabama-ordeal

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    So long as the vacation does not involve that Carnival Cruise ship that had 4000 people stranded with no toilets.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...alabama-ordeal
    ok heck no!! Wouldn't catch me on a boat before this, certainly wouldn't now.

i'm sure the lawyers were queuing up at the port waiting for disgruntled passengers wanting to sue
    anisa, Shwa Girl and i_forget like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information