User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tonight my husband got his acceptance letter for Red River college this upcoming August!! he is taking the Business informational technology course.

Now that means its time to pinch our pennies and just be as frugal as possible he has to pay $300 for a deposit.We are expecting our income tax soon..i hope has anybody got there tax return? we are expecting $4,700 back from the government and we are going to use that to pretty much pay off the first year of his course.

Now the thing is because he will be going to college full time he will have to stop working he can get unemployment and he would get $400 a month from there.Our rent is $739 dollars a month but my dad said he would throw $339 a month our way when my husband goes to school to help cover the cost of rent..we dont pay for water its included in our rent the only other bills we have our

-Cable
    -Lights (not worried about this as its only about 20 a month and we are paid ahead for a couple months)
    -Groceries
    -Cat food (we got a 3 month stockpile)

I am currently working at a hot dog cart during the summer and i make 10 a hour plus tips..but its only a summer gig.

Now question does anybody know how loans work? wondering if we should take out a loan just to cover the cost of rent until our lease is up in April..or what.

What is the cost that people are paying for cable wondering if we can find it cheaper..we are currently with Shaw and we signed up under a promotion that had cable/tv/internet all for the cost of 60-70 a month..but that ends in July..and we will go up to full price.Is it possible though shaw to only get internet but not cable or phone?

Any other tips/advice you can throw my way?

we have at least 2 years worth of laundry soap/soap/shampoo/deoderant so thats not a expense for us.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Maybe check with RRC to see if there are any bursaries he can apply for. Otherwise, you may want to check into student loans... this doesn't sound doable right now, especially if you won't be employed by the time he starts school.

Thread Information