User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Greetings all:

I was in Costco yesterday and while browsing the yogurt section, I happened to see this product. We buy vanilla Greek yogurt sometimes there, it's usually Liberté they have, a pack of three for $10. There is a Kirkland Greek yogurt there now too, but they only have plain.

Anyhow, this package was two bigger tubs, each 750 gram, same size as a big tub of regular yogurt in the grocery store, and it was $10. I'd never heard of coconut yogurt. I saw it and thought, "Oooh, coconut, that's gotta be good!"

We just opened it this morning, was really looking forward to it.

The verdict? Disappointing! While it's still tasty yogurt with a thick, creamy texture and we'll certainly eat it, the coconut part is sorely lacking. If I hadn't known it was coconut I wouldn't have noticed, just mostly tastes like vanilla yogurt to me.
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

That's disappointing - I LOVE coconut and would expect to flavour to be strong in terms of actually knowing it is a coconut flavour vs. plain or vanilla. Good to know! Thanks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We bought the same yogurt from Costco too and I also found it to be very vanilla tasting. It's cheap as far as Greek yogurt goes though so it will do the job!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm still eating it, it still has a fabulous texture and tastes good. Just not as coconutty as I'd like!

Thread Information