User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: sleeps

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have never had one done, but one of the girl's I work with her husband went for one. From what I have heard they can be very helpful. I have never gone for one as anytime I go to the doctor he can usually find something causing my sleep problems and just as he always said if it isn't better in a couple weeks come back but it usually is better, may always been gone or fixed but it is better.
    Andit and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I'm SO jealous of people who can sleep. I've been an insomniac since I was a teen. I used to have trouble falling asleep, and now that I'm older, I have trouble staying asleep.
    At night, I sleep maybe two - 1 1/2 hour sessions. I then nap in the afternoon (thank goodness I can now, never used to be able to).
    This is what I do too....sleep 1 to 2 hours and be awake for three or four then back to sleep in early morning hours. That's why you see me on here at all hours of the night. (Lol)
    Andit, Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

DH has sleep apnea. He went to a sleep clinic twice. They wanted him to buy a cpap machine but he couldn`t sleep with the mask on his face. He kept waking up because it would shift. We know at least 5 people that did buy it and within 6 months none of them were using it anymore.
    Andit and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Has anyone here ever gone for a sleep test?

When I was in college I was sleeping like crap so I went to the doctors and had one, turns out nothing was wrong and it was just stress in my case.

My kids dad is a BAD sleeper. He would be so angry all of the time because he was exhausted and he would blame me and the kids for waking him up. I begged him for years to see a doctor and he never did. When he moved out and went to therapy, his therapist suggested he go to the doctors for it (which he did) and it turns out that he actually has a sleeping disorder (I enjoyed telling him that I was right).
    They hook you up to machines and monitor your sleep for the night.

If you are having issues, you should go have a sleep test done, a good nights rest is very important for overall health and well being.
    I did, but having machines hooked up all over the place and knowing there were people watching me sleep kept me awake all night, so I'm not sure how helpful it was. They finally had mercy on me at 5am and told me I could leave.
    Andit, i_forget and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    DH has sleep apnea. He went to a sleep clinic twice. They wanted him to buy a cpap machine but he couldn`t sleep with the mask on his face. He kept waking up because it would shift. We know at least 5 people that did buy it and within 6 months none of them were using it anymore.
    It takes quite a while to find a mask that can be slept with.
    CPAP machines are paid for mostly by OHIP (upgrades and bells and whistles are not covered), and if you have benefits, the rest is covered through that.
    A good company will let you try the masks and return them if they do not suit your needs.

It is very important if there is a diagnosis of sleep apnea to use the machine and ensure the pressure is right.
    It is apparently a condition that if a person has, if they do not use their machine, they can have their drivers licenses suspended.

I do not want to scare you or anything, but it is a condition that requires treatment and should not be taken lightly.

http://fallingasleep.net/sleep-disorders/apnea

A link for anyone not too informed on sleep apnea who would like a little bit of information....
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I'm SO jealous of people who can sleep. I've been an insomniac since I was a teen. I used to have trouble falling asleep, and now that I'm older, I have trouble staying asleep.
    At night, I sleep maybe two - 1 1/2 hour sessions. I then nap in the afternoon (thank goodness I can now, never used to be able to).
    Nalalka i'm a insomniac also maybe sleep for 1 1/2 hours a nite if that and i don't nap in the afternoons.Every couple of days i have to take a sleeping pill to get at least 8 hrs of sleep as i can't function.
    Andit, Natalka and i_forget like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Both of the girls I work with Husband's have sleep apnea. One of the girl's her husband had the issue with mask shifting turned out he had the wrong mask, once he found the right mask he had no problems. Only thing is you cannot use it if you have a cold as it will make you sicker.

Andit and i_forget like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    madchives!! You are both ends of the extreme eh? Twenty hours all at once or one? That could cause problems. Hope you find a nice middle ground in that area. I wake around 3:30-5:00 every a.m. no matter what! Working or on holidays I have that inner clock .......it is a gift ....some people refer to it as overactive bladder, but I call it my gift!!
    I have a bit of this problem myself, although my times are different. When my DS was a baby I learned that everyone wakes up several times throughout the night, but the difference is whether you get back to sleep. I often wake up, one of the times is around 4 and sometimes I don't get back to sleep. One of my big mistakes if I don't get back to sleep right away, I pick up my phone, start playing Words with Friends or something, then it's all over. DH on the other hand can sleep through anything (although an elbow did help when DS was crying in the night), it takes him seconds to fall asleep each night, takes me awhile.

I work with three people who have this issue and use masks. It took them a couple tries to find the right one, but made a huge difference for them.
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Feb 17th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Andit and i_forget like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have chronic insomnia for 10+ years, even with the medicine I only could stay asleep for like 2 hours and can never sleep through the night without waking up toss and turn during the night. I am suppose to go for a sleep study at a clinic. I sometimes woke myself up coughing / grasping for air so most likely I have some sleep apnea problem. Plus I choke on my own saliva too and another problem is restless legs I keep rubbing my feet together but I found it's really helpful when I wear thick warm socks to bed. My hands and feet are always icy cold even in the summer. I feel tired all the time from lack of sleep...
    operabob and Andit like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Funny (not ha ha), my feet and hands are often cold at night even though I do run warmer than most people. A Magic Bag heated up works wonders for my feet at bdtim!
    Andit likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was the lack of sleep but it is very difficult to sleep. Every day I sleep about 6 hours

Last edited by ooliver186; Tue, Mar 5th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know I need 8hrs of sleep or I'm cranky in the morning, but I rarely get the 8hrs. I got used to waking up several times during the night because of my crying son that my sleep is scre**d now
    and when I wake up, I have to go to the toilet or I can't fall back to sleep! Dh would fall asleep within minutes, whereas I have trouble sleeping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Before the accident, I used to be able to sleep between 8 - 10 hours.. Since the accident.. I can only sleep 2 - 4 hours max now..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information