User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I like extreme couponing and hoarding:buried alive. It is all a control issue and I find people so interesting. I love a good deal and have used coupons for years but in the last few years we have increased the size of our family and the help of the internet has increased my savings %. I have found coupons for oranges, bananas and pre-packaged salad but fresh veg/fruit coupons are rare. We get all our meat straight from farmers and grow a small garden in our backyard (urban and compost) which save money and is organic. I have changed product brands for items based on sales combined with a good coupon and I have stocked up on items that don't expire but only to the limit of my vanity/pantry/laundry room shelf. My family needs to live in this space too so taking up OUR house with MY stuff is selfish and can be a hazard. I'm glad the twins tipped the waiter even though their meal was free. Nathan gave 1000 boxes of cereal to the food bank and care packages to the marines which I loved. My house does not look like a store and I don't want my in-laws shopping at my house either...he,he... I don't understand why someone would take 100 bags of cat treats when you don't have a cat just to get paid 16 cents per bag unless you are giving them to the humane society and not just to brag. I spend maybe 8 hours a week finding coupons/filing them/looking through flyers and shopping combined and save apx 42% on groceries anything more than that is a waist of time I could be spending with my family. More than half the time the cashier will make at lease one mistake and not all of them are nice about using coupons so I always thank the cashier if they do a great job. Every time I mention to friends about a coupon that is out for items I know they use I hear about the show Extreme Couponing and I don't like being compared to them for these very reasons.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    May 18 Chrystie & Treasure Chrystie a newcomer to couponing has a stockpile that is slowing taking over every spare space in her small home.Meanwhile Treasure starts couponing to save the family business but now has a stockpile worth over $35,000
    I like these two ladies. Just paying $0.01 for their purchases, and ~99% savings.

That store representative that stopped Treasure from having her husband purchase separately with another cart, looks like store security to me. Too bad Treasure did not just call a friend and hand over the second cart to them.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

treasure seemed to be couponing well.. good planning, rotating stock, not everything is junk (she used choco bars to use the amount owed then gave them to the girls in line behind her)

next week it looks like we have another repeat couponer... a girl from the Hr long special
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I liked Treasure's coupon binder/bags, much more stylish than the ratty canvas bag that I shove my photo album into.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ahhhh the amount of cheap makeup they can get is driving me crazy! I want cheap makeup!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

I missed most of them.

But they are all EXTREME couponers. I can't believe someone will stock up tons of flyer coupons.

I think it's harder to use coupons now than before.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Extreme Couponing marathon on TLC on Saturday night May 21

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Uhh I missed this weeks episode I PVR'ed it but someone in my family cancelled the recording 9 minutes into the show . Well another one is set to record on Saturday so I will wait till then *sigh*
    You know you love me xoxo Gossip Girl

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

June 1 Kelly & Rebecca Kelly is ready to show her best friend her stockpile and takes her along on a shopping spree to show off her couponing skills.In Idaho stay at home Rebecca brings her skeptical husband along to try and spark some interest.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Extreme Couponing marathon on TLC on Saturday night May 21

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberSun View Post
    Uhh I missed this weeks episode I PVR'ed it but someone in my family cancelled the recording 9 minutes into the show . Well another one is set to record on Saturday so I will wait till then *sigh*
    Just google it You can find lots of videos online of the full episode.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberSun View Post
    It's usually on again on Sunday at 9:30 p.m.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Ahhhh the amount of cheap makeup they can get is driving me crazy! I want cheap makeup!
    Until P&G changed the wording on their coupons we could get lots of cheap/free makeup using covergirl coupons at LD.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I like these two ladies. Just paying $0.01 for their purchases, and ~99% savings.
    These are two of my favorites so far. They shop smart and not just to get a thrill. They also shop according to what they need and plan their stockpile according to what they need as well.

I really liked Treasure. She is doing this to provide for her family and does it very methodically and logically.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah I got some covergirl stuff from LD, but they get a bunch of maybelline and stuff! I'm jealous

Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast

Thread Information