User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Getting too Involved in Tv shows?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Oh it would definitely be Amazing Race for it. Every season is with different people, but the excitement is still there! I always imagine me doing the roadblocks and detours.... and going around the world.
    Andit and Natalka like this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

It was LOST for me... I didn't get into it until about the 3rd season, so I bought the first 2 seasons on DVD and watched them all in a matter of days! I really cared about those people and I bawled many, many times during that show... don't even get me started on the finale- I'm one of the few that loved it but I CRIED!!! Like, ugly cry LMAO

Why yes, I am a loser

Y&R is another one, I never miss it and I get totally into it!
    Last edited by sheetsofemptycanvas; Thu, Feb 28th, 2013 at 07:06 AM.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ehehe oh dont get me started on the amount of series i follow...

Hm? You do want to know which ones? Ok! Youve been warned! (Im not afraid to admit some of these either... :p)

sun- once upon a time, walking dead, revenge, apprentice
    mon- 90210, h50, the following, revolution
    tues- new normal, hart of dixie, pretty little liars
    wed- arrow, mod fam
    thurs- big bang theory, greys anatomy, scandal, elementary, vamp diaries, glee, suits, person of interest
    fri- nikita

During the summer- warehouse 13, covert affairs
    from the uk- downton abbey, sherlock

there were a few more i liked this season but got cancelled like emily owens md

oh ya, lost is and will always be my all time favourite series! I was hooked since the pilot! Dollhouse and firefly were superb too!
    Last edited by padfoot; Tue, Mar 5th, 2013 at 01:14 AM.
    Andit, Darth Penguin and vesper like this.
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^^^^ that is a lot of TV!
    Andit and padfoot like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    ^^^^ that is a lot of TV!
    agreed! But now that im back in school this semester ive been watching less and need to catch up when i can so no spoilers please!
    Andit and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    agreed! But now that im back in school this semester ive been watching less and need to catch up when i can so no spoilers please!
    Want to get an idea of how much TV you watch? Do 50 situps during each show Yahoo!!
    Andit, Granger and padfoot like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL omg if i do that every time and every day i watch id be slim in no time

but 50 would be too high a number for me...

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Want to get an idea of how much TV you watch? Do 50 situps during each show Yahoo!!
    Andit and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LOL omg if i do that every time and every day i watch id be slim in no time

but 50 would be too high a number for me...

I used to do that between periods on hockey games. But I found enjoying a Fresca with popping corn more fun
    Andit and padfoot like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

oh ya, lost is and will always be my all time favourite series! I was hooked since the pilot! Dollhouse and firefly were superb too!
    I keep meaning to watch Lost. I downloaded the whole lot since I knew so many people who raved over it.

I also down loaded Firefly since 1) I <3 Joss Wheedon's work and 2) Joss claims that one of my all time fave shows, Blake's 7, inspired it....

B7 was another show I really got involved in

Andit, Hondamanic and padfoot like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm hooked on Pretty Little Liars. I love shows that keep you hanging for the next week
    Andit and Durham Couponer like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamanic View Post
    I'm hooked on Pretty Little Liars. I love shows that keep you hanging for the next week
    Yeah, thats what lost was like for me! Though whenever they went on hiatus they can be longer than other shows which was frustrating
    Andit likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hoiping no one minds if I resurrect this thread... did a search for Pretty Little Liars and not much came up except this... started watching on Netflix in June and am halfway through Season 2 and then I find out Ezra gets shot in Season 5 wth??? I still have the Breaking Bad finale saved, tv binge watching has replaced weekly episodes around here.

Never expected to get invested in a TV show once X-Files ended (Shipper here LOL), but we watched LOST faithfully and can't wait for the Walking Dead to run on basic cable (FOX 28 in the GTA) this fall.

And Two Broke Girls gets critiqued but of course what is on the TV every Monday night? What will those wacky girls get up to next?
    Last edited by Durham Couponer; Sat, Sep 20th, 2014 at 03:32 AM. Reason: can't type to save my life
    Andit and walkonby like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Durham C. I do not mind you dusting off this old thread, I too have been pulled into my fair share of tv shows.
    I have found the PVR here is the best way to binge watch a few episodes at a time of whtever is taped.
    I thought I might just go BUY Breaking Bad ( the entire dvd boxed set ) but since it was over $100.00, I decided to put my name on the library list. That should take forever for it to come to me. I have not even seen one episode of it but everyone raved so I'll go for it.
    I also watch 2 Broke Girls!!
    Some shows new that I watch are Extant, The Intruders, Sleepy Hollow and Legends. ( all good )
    Andit and Durham Couponer like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

How did I miss this thread the first time around????

Hi, my name is Andi & I'm a tv addict.

Back in my youth, I had the TV Guide memorized - I could tell you what show was on when and whether it was new and what it was going to be about (almost word for word from the little blurb). Clearly, I had no life.

I'm now in month 2 of a little experiment. For the first time in my life I have no cable. Thankfully, I have several seasons of my beloved TV shows on dvd, and access to the latest shows on the internet. If I didn't have internet, I would not survive!

As for what shows I got involved with, there was only one that made me really really emotional. Of course the darn thing is nowhere to be found (why is it I get attached to really obscure shows no one has ever heard of???). The show was called The Exile (http://www.epguides.com/Exile/). It was about an American spy who was set up and branded a traitor, so he was stuck in Paris (hey, not sooo bad, it could have been some really awful 3rd world hovel ). He had 2 close friends who knew his secret (a police detective and a member of the US consulate) and who would help him each week as he ended up in interesting situations where he had to use his skills to help others. The show only lasted 13 episodes, but what I will always LOVE the producers for is that the final episode tied everything together. Every episode was explained as part of a larger plot and fit together brilliantly. Needless to say, when the spy finally discovers who betrayed him, I was in tears. It was so unexpected, and so emotional, and so perfect in how it ended. The only reason I didn't list it as one of my top 5 shows on the other thread, is that it hit about #6 on my list.
    walkonby likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information