User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By momgoneawol
  • 1 Post By ericaraina
  • 1 Post By SassyAshley
  • 1 Post By anastasia1009
  • 1 Post By Natalka

Thread: 10, 20, 30..percent off in grocery flyers.. doesn't float my interest.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not really a rant and not sure if the topic has been touched on before but I am noticing more and more in the weekly flyers that there are more and more listings for a percentage off a product instead of a concrete price. Does this grab your attention to go in and find out? It does absolutely nothing to entice me in to a store at all. 50% possibly like some of the Jamieson Vitamins, but otherwise no. Any one else notice this or have any thoughts? Have a great weekend all.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I hate those. It does nothing to get me into their store unless it is 50% or more. I like to know the bottom line, the price, not just a save 20% crap.
    sassypants and i_forget like this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

or what about the sales on bread where it says .30 and it looks like the bread is .30 but really its .30 off the original price.
    walkonby likes this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:26 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I absolutely HATE when companies do the % off. I don't even do much price-matching, so that end doesn't bother me...

But honestly, (this won't be the first time I'm saying this!) if they cannot take the time to list the prices (BOGO FREE deals do this a lot too!!) then I don't and won't take the time to search the shelves for the 'sale' price. I just completely ignore those deals.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I find Drug Stores do this all the time, and to be honest unless I need to go in for something else or am in the area I skip that store. Past experience shows very rarely is it a good price. But I guess this also back fires on them as I will go in look at the price than look for tear pads and have been very upfront with employees. If one asks if I need help or am looking for something I said nope came to look at your price, was still too high, wish you would just show your price and than I keep looking for tear pads.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    You can't pricematch a % off offer at WM

Perhaps this is an attempt by stores to get you to come in rather than pricematch at WM...I agree rayray, it's not enough info to get me to come into a store (except vitamins...exactly!)
    that is why Sobey's does it and they don't put the exact sale price. So you go there to check the sale and in hopes you buy something while you are there.
    lecale likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I too don't bother with % off. I need to know the prices before I go, if the flyer has % off listed on the front page I usually don't bother opening it. Could be a bad sale, could be a great sale for all I know but it does not get my attention. I find it annoying. Don't waste my time just be up front and let me know I will only be saving $0.20. But that's just me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I don't like flyers listing % off, but my biggest peeve is a place like Safeway which doesn't list its prices for BOGO - Sobeys and Co-op do, so I wish they would as well. Then, I can make my master shopping list when I go through flyers.
    lecale likes this.

Thread Information