User Tag List

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Anyone else Planting gardens/flowers?

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I've been in and out all day planting flowers. Husband will be making all of my raised garden beds while it rains here for the next 7 days lol Hoping the weather channel changes Anyone else full of dirt this long weekend?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'd like to be doing some things in my yard, but we've had nothing but rain for DAYS AND DAYS. There was a brief break today, DH got the lawn mowed, but now it's raining again. *sigh* I have seeds I want to plant with DS, but haven't gotten to yet.

We don't do anything fancy in our yard, I never bother with the work of planting annuals that will only live one season. The exception is sunflowers, because they please DS and I. I have lots of perrenials, but some need work, they're becoming overgrown with stuff.

In other frustrating yard news, we own a 'reel mower' - powered not by gas or electricity, but by humans. I love it actually. It hasn't been sharpened in a couple years, so we found a place that does it. It said on their website that they sharpen reel mowers. DH brought it there this morning, ON THE BUS, and the guy says, "Oh, we don't sharpen those kind." He'd even called the other day to make sure, and they said they did. Grr!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Awesome that you got to do this today! We've just had our first week of relatively warm weather, so we're just on the cusp on thinking what to do.
    I plant a small plot of flowers in front of our house, as well as about six big containers.

Greenthumbs thread here -

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/139219-...mbs-canada-17/

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

got half the bed planted out front will try to finish tomorrow if its not pouring. saved all that money in coupons just to blow it on plants...but at least they make me happy for longer than food or cleaning supplies
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yes finally. dh and I planted our 'pots' last weekend. cleaned up the yards and mowed today.. set up a few things.. its just looks so much better. and makes it feel like summer is just around the corner.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I've got about 100 potatoes to get in the ground, not to mention all of my small plants. It's truly amazing how fast red onions grow. I planted them in their post at 2am this morning, and just went to move them now and they are coming through the dirt already. I almost crapped myself lol.
    I'm thinking next year I will do some perinaials next year. Why keep paying for plants, no coupons lol, oh actually there is 1 at home depot lol. I like planting flowers, puts me in my own lil world. (if the damn neighbours won't quit playing the same 15 second tune over and over and over) grrrr.
    I've always wanted to try one of the mowers. I hear they work really well. Sorry to hear about the runaround with the blade though.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I stocked up on perinals Mothers day weekend at Home Depot, and they've been outside since then. But they do need to be actually planted into my planters, which was my plan today...UNTIL, I saw all the weeds growing in my rocks, so DH and I spent hours going around the perimiter of the house picking weeds. Soooooo, tomorrow back to my original plan LOL and try and get my flowers into the planters

Oh and can I complain about the MOSQUITOS???? AHHHHH! Bitten ALIVE I tell ya!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I just came in because it is dark out. I didnt finish yet though. Ive planted 26 cedar trees and still two more to go until my hedge is finished, but I ran out of daylight. Cut the grass, well most of it. Had to mow around alot of crap because the boys were reshingling the house today, but atleast most of it is done.
    My dad brought me over a "belated birthday" pergola for the deck, cant wait til thats up.
    Never got around to planting the flower beds or my urns, that will have to be another day because Im pooped.
    Alot of dirt got tracked into the house today by everyone and the dog, so I guess Im cleaning inside tomorrow.LOL
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

it's still too cold
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

We did our first plants today... first time ever... we did one of the following
    broccolii
    cauliflower
    brussel sprouts
    tomatoes
    peppers (green ..)
    and some sort of herb... can't wait to see what happens.... first garden EVER..really excited

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I started around 5 pm and finished around 8ish.... I've been planting pots for years... so it's easier every year

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I had anted too tonight but the tummy flu or food poisoning or whatever I got put a damper on that, ill go greenhousing tomorrow if I feel bettr.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yuppers! Cut the lawn yesterday, pulled weeds from the flower beds, and planted some cedars.

We need to replace some of the soil in our gardens and beds this year because some of it is exhausted from the past few years of planting tomatoes. I'm gonna hold off on the garden just yet though. It's been so wet and cold this spring that I want to wait a few more weeks and hope it starts to get more sunny around here.

happy gardening everyone!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yes!! Out in the garden today, happily extracting all the dandelions. Well, not all, just most of the flowering ones. We left them out on the pavement all day and mowed the lawn (it was past my knees), planted, composted, grocery shopped, did laundry, etc. I came back in the evening and was horrified to see that all the bright yellow flowers had dried in the sun and there were tons and tons of seedlings ready to go at the slightest breeze. I don't think I've moved that fast since I was leaving work on Friday...

On the bright side, I planted two new strawberry plants that were given to me by a new friend. YAY!! My last ones in a hanging pot were repeatedly jumped on by a squirrel, cat, or raccoon as a springboard and quickly died.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Im in ottawa and i started my gardens in march. my lettuce, started from seed outdoors is days from first harvest and ive got rhurbarb coming out my ears. Asparagus is in its second year from seed and already at the fern stage for the season, 2 more years before i can harvest it. Green onions are ready for harvest and the radishes and carrots are well on their way. Started my own heirlooms tomatoes from seed at the end of february and they've been in the ground for a week or so. Strawberries are flowering.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information