User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: ... My mom 'shops' in my stock pile...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Great job just explaining how you feel - I had to tell my sister as well last year after she was taking things without asking - she somehow got it in her head that EVERYTHING in my stockpile I had gotten for free, which is very inaccurate of course. She has since stopped
    Frugal Lisa likes this.
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

That's a hard situation.
    I've had my mom take from the stockpile to give to her friend.
    She's never take for herself but she's a giver.
    Whenever she bought lots of a sale item, she'd have to give to others.
    I don't know what she'd do if she ever won a lottery!
    With your mom, I'd tell her like you told us. You're on a budget and buying
    bulk helps you save. If she takes things, it defeats the purpose and kills your joy.
    Takes the whole fun out of couponing. What mom will want to kill their child's joy?
    lecale, smileyKT and Frugal Lisa like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I have the exact same problem with my mom, and I don't really know if people are hearing your point. I love to show off my stockpile, and I love to give what I can, but my husband and I are both in school right now, we have a 3 year old daughter, and a baby on the way. So I definitely know where you're coming from. It's especially frustrating when you give someone all of the tools they need (coupons, advice, etc) to build their own stockpile, and they are simply too lazy to do it. I totally know what you mean, and you're not alone.
    Frugal Lisa likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my mom buy stuff from me off my stockpile. I charge exactly what I pay for OOP.(no tips for me) lol. she is always very fair when its comes to $$, even with me and my sister. last week, she just brought 25 shampoos from me for $20 cash. hahaaa,,,, saved her lots of money right there!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Last edited by Decaf; Thu, Mar 7th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

I wouldn't mind if she came over and paid me what I paid for the items. But she wasn't. I have been taking her to the store with me when I am doing a bigger shop, and I share my coupons with her. That way she is paying for the items and they don't enter my stock pile. They are hers and mine is mine.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I guess it depends where you have your stuff, if she goes around the house looking in your bathroom, cupboards then that's a big no no, HOWEVER, if you have a designated area and she just goes and helps herself I would say something like I know you are impressed but this stuff is supposed be a cushion for us and I put alot of time & effort into accumulating this stuff so I would prefer that you atleast ask before you help yourself.
    Darth Penguin and Frugal Lisa like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If she was down on her luck and asked...well, that's fine but just to walk in and take your food..that's stealing. Just like taking a gold necklace cos she liked it...

Showing your dm the skills to build her own stockpile is the best way to go and if she still has sticky fingers in your house...then she has boundary issues which need to be addressed since they will leak into other areas of your life like child-raising..
    bluzsuz and Frugal Lisa like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    257 (100%)

I have family who take from my stockpile. The problem Is they don't tell me and it is only when I go to find something or look at my stockpile and realize that someone has been taking from it. It bugs me but they think we have it all so we wouldn't miss any of it. Only it is my safe guard for when I have to take time off because my little one gets sick a lot. So days I have to miss work and pay I know the stockpile is there and I have 6 months of cleaners, detergent, bath and body products, toothpaste and dry goods like pasta. I buy a lot of toys on clearance and put away for parties or occasions and that gets made fun of.

I think it is just sometimes people don't understand how to obtain their own stockpile and just see that you have so much so your finances must be good so you shouldn't miss a few things. I don't think your mom does it to be hurtful just thinks you have so much so you won't miss a few things.
    Frugal Lisa likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information