User Tag List

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I can't cook every day or I would be buried in my own leftovers. Usually I cook two days in a row and then eat the same stuff for lunch and dinner for a week to 10 days. Then I start again. dh cooks too, but he has a different level of ability and the salt---oh the salt he puts in his cooking. It just kills me.
    Every few weeks we have a leftovers night. But usually the leftovers are used for hubby's and the kids lunches. When I go back to work next month, there will be 3 more lunches to make (eek!) as the daycare doesn't provide lunches for the kids.

Hubby usually BBQs. We BBQ until it gets biter cold and we have to seal off the patio door. By then it's so cold the propane is gel anyways and the BBQ doesn't work! Another few weeks and it'll be "warm" enough to unseal the door and try BBQ again.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just got back from shopping. Saved $26.35 in coupons. Saved $12.10 from 10% discount. Would have saved more but the do not carry the bacon that I had FPCs for. I also earned 945 Club Sobeys points towards my future purchases. I also submitted a $1 rebate to Checkout51 for my Green Giant vegetables.
    $3.49 sale price
    - $1 coupon
    - $1 rebate
    - $0.35 (10% discount)
    -----------
    $0.14 for 1 bag of frozen vegetables.

I am happy with that shopping trip.

Now I have to find a store in town that sells that bacon.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I I plan my meals weekly. Every friday sit down and plan the meals for Sunday-Saturday. Then on Saturday morning I go to the grocery store and do the shopping. This is the only way to make sure we don't end up with take out and crap throughout the week with all the activities. I plan what I am going to make based on what we have going on that night. It also eliminates the stress of what we are going to eat that night. This week goes like this...

Sunday: Turkey (purchased the week before since it had to defrost.
    Monday: Turkey stew
    Tuesday: Chicken pesto
    Wednesday: Tortellini soup (in slow cooker)
    Thursday: Stir fry
    Friday: Meatloaf (I actually made it last night and froze it. We'll see how well that goes!)
    Saturday: Lasagna

I also plan the weekend lunches (to avoid the trip to McDonald's cause everyone is hungry and I don't know what to make). Sunday was sausage rolls and Saturday will be leftover stew (I found a huge tub of it in the freezer from last time I made stew-oops!)

Planning our meals every week has been by far the best thing we have done to stay on budget. You plan, you shop, done. There is no need to go to the grocery store again (which inevitably leads to buying other things) unless they didn't have something or everyone once and awhile I run out of a staple and didn't know I was low (like small ziploc bags this week!).

I'm trying to save up for a meat order. I'm not happy with the meat at Extra Foods. But it's a lot of $$$ to put down up front.
    I use to do menu plans for the whole 2 weeks when i had 7 at home,I find when you do this if you don't feel like chicken today you can do something else as you have all the ingredients on hand.I don't do this anymore as it only me now
    Insane, macw1960, lecale and 2 others like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I wish I had enough sense to do that even though I normally do not go to the store during the week as not to spend money on non essentials. Although I did go out today and bought only what I needed.

My mom gave me a ham bone and of course I had no split peas to make soup but I can live with the $1.19 it cost me.
    Insane, YOU AND ME, lecale and 1 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just got back from shopping. Saved $26.35 in coupons. Saved $12.10 from 10% discount. Would have saved more but the do not carry the bacon that I had FPCs for. I also earned 945 Club Sobeys points towards my future purchases. I also submitted a $1 rebate to Checkout51 for my Green Giant vegetables.
    $3.49 sale price
    - $1 coupon
    - $1 rebate
    - $0.35 (10% discount)
    -----------
    $0.14 for 1 bag of frozen vegetables.

I am happy with that shopping trip.

Now I have to find a store in town that sells that bacon.
    Can you explain checkout51 to me?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Also if someone can explain Freshpoints also I'd like to know more about that app as well.

Just wondering if it's worth buying an ipod to reep the rewards with Freshpoints & checkout 51? Any thoughts & comments. I hear people on Freshpoints are getting GC's in no time at all.
    Angela273, macw1960 and lecale like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Can you explain checkout51 to me?
    Checkout51 - easy rebate program where you take pictures of your grocery receipt showing that you purchased the special items from that week. Once you get to $20 worth in your account then you can request a cheque. Only good for Iphones at this time. There are threads on SC about it.
    Insane, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

FreshPoints - if you sign up with a referral code you will receive 150pts when you first create an account. Check in at stores for bonus points. Scan and review certain weekly items to receive bonus points. Spend your points on various gift cards. You can scan any food items and receive points for them. You can also then review any items that you scan. You can also earn 1pt per item that you tell them what store you bought it from. Only good for Iphones at this time. Thread on SC about it.

I have a Freshpoint referral code in my signature if anyone decides to join. I can also answer some questions about it too.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Mar 5th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Insane, macw1960, lecale and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My first day working at our other location is over, I managed to get up early enough to make tea at home and take it with me which meant no Timmies. I think I will be good this week but next week is going to be rough, I do not handle the time change well at all.

We used to wing it at dinner years ago, than we went to meal plans, now we wing it with whatever we have in the house. Whatever we have for dinner is something we have in the house. It seems to work well for us since my stockpile is over flowing right now. Maybe one day some day soon I will be more organized again but I will not hold my breathe. If only I could get more hours in the day that I do not have to spend more time at work or will not have to give up sleep to get.

I use both Checkout51 and Freshpoints, love them both. Hoping when mom replaces her phone she gets an Iphone, I currently use my Ipod but would love to have Freshpoints on an Iphone and I know I will not be getting one. Even without being able to check in the rewards still adds up. Cannot wait to start scanning my stockpile, I plan to scan it for Freshpoints and also enter it into my inventory app.

Ok enough staling, must go make my lunch or else it will be take out tomorrow which I do not want to do, I am trying super hard not to spend the money in my wallet.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Insane- can you tell me about your "placing a meat order"? Do you order from a butcher or a farmer?

I ask because I have been thinking about buying a cow or part of a cow for sometime now. But thanks to my garden this year, I didn't have room. Now that the freezer is less full, I am thinking about it again.

I feel a bit over my head though... I am not sure what cuts to buy/get. I am so used to shopping on "specials" that to look at all the cuts of the cow and choose seems overwhelming.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Insane- can you tell me about your "placing a meat order"? Do you order from a butcher or a farmer?

I ask because I have been thinking about buying a cow or part of a cow for sometime now. But thanks to my garden this year, I didn't have room. Now that the freezer is less full, I am thinking about it again.

I feel a bit over my head though... I am not sure what cuts to buy/get. I am so used to shopping on "specials" that to look at all the cuts of the cow and choose seems overwhelming.
    I've been thinking of placing an order through a farmer in Alberta. I live in the NWT, so it's fairly mind boggling to figure out the logistics of getting it up here. I'd get a half cow from them. You don't get much choice in the cuts. But each one is different.

When we lived in Ontario, we got orders from Canadian Select Farms (I think that's what it was called or maybe meats, not farms?). We picked exactly what we wanted and we got it shipped in 2 or 3 shipments (we'd call to get the next one). You could make monthly payments too. It was great cause we picked what we want, didn't have to get it all at once and could make payments.

I'd google Ontario Beef Farmers and see if there are any close to you and take it from there. That's how I found a farm in Alberta that I liked their practices, ect...
    Last edited by Insane; Wed, Mar 6th, 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like cats! Just so you all know that.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Me too.
    jasperandchar likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Me too! That is why we have two...LOL!
    Insane and jasperandchar like this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread Information