User Tag List

Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Last night I was digging in the freezer to make room for the hamburger I bought yesterday. OMG Found 14 packs of hot dogs. I bought 2 yesterday because I thought we were down to 1. Anyone notice the new size of Schneiders Red Hots? There are only 10 instead of 12. Same price of course.

Just like the Octoberfest Sausage...it used to be a 5 pack now it is 4.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Same thing with the juices use to be 1.89L now they are 1.75L and yes, it's the same price.
    All these shrinking food sizes...but Still paying the same price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to bed at 8:00 last night because I got food poisoning from a hamburger that I ate at supper time. My husband did taxes for a friend of ours and he then treated us to supper at a restaurant. Too bad I got sick from it. I got a phone call this morning from a desperate principal looking for a substitute teacher again today, so I agreed to teach this afternoon for him. My little guy is 6 months old and refuses a bottle, so I only teach the occasional 1/2 day at this time. I am dying a friend's hair this morning and she is going to babysit LO for me this afternoon while I get in to teach two classes. Free babysitting is a good, but rare thing. I might need to buy some gingerale or something because I am still not feeling well. I guess the grocery shopping will have to wait until tomorrow.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Last night I was digging in the freezer to make room for the hamburger I bought yesterday. OMG Found 14 packs of hot dogs. I bought 2 yesterday because I thought we were down to 1. Anyone notice the new size of Schneiders Red Hots? There are only 10 instead of 12. Same price of course.
    I noticed the Maple Leaf simply free ones were now 10 too. They are more expensive now too!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

OOhhh....How you feel better soon....what should have been a nice treat for you turned out making you sick....Hugs...and you can never beat free child care.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I went to bed at 8:00 last night because I got food poisoning from a hamburger that I ate at supper time. My husband did taxes for a friend of ours and he then treated us to supper at a restaurant. Too bad I got sick from it. I got a phone call this morning from a desperate principal looking for a substitute teacher again today, so I agreed to teach this afternoon for him. My little guy is 6 months old and refuses a bottle, so I only teach the occasional 1/2 day at this time. I am dying a friend's hair this morning and she is going to babysit LO for me this afternoon while I get in to teach two classes. Free babysitting is a good, but rare thing. I might need to buy some gingerale or something because I am still not feeling well. I guess the grocery shopping will have to wait until tomorrow.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Got my paypal $25gc from swagbucks! WOO HOO! I've really wanted to buy some cute closet dividers from etsy (or maybe some reuseable snack bags or some snapping paper towels or....). Something I'd never spend actual money, but free money, I could.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:38 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have decided it is extremely easy to spend no money when you are exhausted. I wanted to stop after work today since I am working on our other location which means much better shopping. There were a few little things I wanted to look for, but by the time I got off work tonight all I wanted to do was take a nap which meant no shopping. Oh well maybe this weekend or maybe I will sleep all weekend.

Hopefully there will be a few more sneak peaks of flyers tomorrow and I can see what kind of shopping week we are going to have next week. This week we came in under budget which evened out last weeks overage. so happy.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Yes I love swagbucks...I just placed a $75 Amazon order with GCs and am getting a few new toys for the kitchen...for free...whereas they usually rot a hole in my budget

I seriously have to restrain myself around Michael's aluminum baking pans, Bed Bath & Beyond's kitchen gadgets, etc. I just loooove kitchen toys. I make myself use a coupon and limit my purchases to once a month but I have identified the category as one of my major weaknesses. Love to swag because I can treat myself once a month without dipping into my real money.

Congrats Insane, have fun finding a treat for yourself...I have to stay away from etsy now because I have enough fabric (what I usuually do with PayPal from them)
    I am not so much about kitchen gadgets. Kitchen knives on the other hand... LOVE!!! I have 5 "favourite" knives that I would want on a desert island.

Lecale- I completely hear you about the fabric. I have one closet and 5 bins full. I am banned from fabric shopping for the year. (Notions not included.) I CANNOT find another place to store a thing. Because of renos- it was a pain in the behind to remember where everything was stored. I took 4 hours and sorted. Now, at least, I know where it is, even if I can't quite reach it to use it! LOL!!

Insane- if you have access to a sewing machine, the reusable snap towels are a cinch to make. I used my son's old flannel crib sheets for the fabric. I didn't even turn mine inside, I just edged the sides with a funky coloured thread so the sides have a contrast. The pickiest thing is sewing on the snaps.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post

Insane- if you have access to a sewing machine, the reusable snap towels are a cinch to make. I used my son's old flannel crib sheets for the fabric. I didn't even turn mine inside, I just edged the sides with a funky coloured thread so the sides have a contrast. The pickiest thing is sewing on the snaps.
    I have a sewing machine, but I am THE WORST SEWER EVER!! Seriously. I can knit anything. I can make these awesome knitted mitts. I'm currently freehand knitting a cookie monster hat for my nephew. But sewing-I'm epically bad at it! I think the crap sewing machine doesn't help though.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:33 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    i hope you are feeling better Angela
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I use our oven a lot for baking/cooking and it really doesn't take that much electricity....it's the dryer that kills our electric bill!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Tonights Dinner is bbq porc chops with a side of Swanson's Skillet sensation with Tuscan veggies.

I pre-cook my porc chops in the oven this way they won't burn as my bbq is not working the best, only the back part works and it's flaming hot, thus why I have to precook them in the house but SINCE my oven will already be warm, I will bake something tonight with ds's help as we are down to 5 cookies from my sunday's baking session .

When I spoke to Hydro a couple months back when my in-laws were staying with us while there new house was being built and my hydro bill was out of control, I called hydro and they told me that your OVEN is your worst enemy, I told him I had a energy efficient stove and he said it doesn't matter it's a hog on hydro.

And that your best friends should be a crock-pot, toaster oven and BBQ, so I've been only using my oven ONLY when I have to and make the most of the fact that it makes me want to get my $'s worth, therefore, a good excuse to force myself to bake, cook more than 1 meal at a time, etc.

I'm already foreseeing a challenging grocery week coming up as there are so many great items on sale, I will be purchasing Nutrigrain bars which are on sale at NF's I believe for $1.88 - $1.00 printable = .88 CHEAPER, need to stock up on these AS well I overspent last week by $25.00 hmm.

And chicken breasts will be on sale for $2.00 lbs at No Frills starting Friday - BUT they are on sale this week at FB for $2.00 lbs as well.

I stocked up on ground beef but now I'm oogling the chicken breast prices I am hoping they are boness if not I will not have a problem doing without.

I must admit with the lack of coupons to use this month other than the odd 1, I must admit at times am struggling with the grocery budget for all necessities for the week. My meat supply has been depleated since we started this FRUGAL business in January and can now can safely say that we are replenishing with fresh meats and the cuts that we actually like and will eat without complaints (purchased only when on SALE. I thought I still had a whack of chicken breasts but I was WRONG! I do have 3 turkeys (lol), deer meat which I need to can in the pressure canner (next week) and market cut fish which we eat every other Friday as that is our meatless day (alternate between tomato macaroni casserole & fish).

MY RESOLUTION FOR THIS MONTH:
    I am not buying any cleaners, hygiene items or other such items this month unless they are free or almost free .

PS I find it so much easier to come to thread and know that we are ALL IN THE SAME BOAT, thanks everyone for MARCHING ON with your fellow SC'ers!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Yep...I posted this a while back somewhere else. My son is a certified mechanic and said some dealerships =stealerships....

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Okay ladies here's a tip and a possible warning:

I'm not saying all garages/mechanics to this but pay attention!!!

A friend of mine who was a mechanic told me about this and when I thought about it, hmmm sound familiar.

When a lady/woman brings her car into the garage for anything, oil change, tire rotation, etc....The person at the counter puts a symbol on the work order it could be a star, a check mark....you know where I'm going with this.

The car could be registered under your name or your husbands it doesn't matter but if you drop the car off ladies/girls, etc. YOU WILL ALMOST ALWAYS GET A CALL SAYING, YOU NEED YOUR WIPERS, Your battery is low, etc...

Just saying pay attention the next time you bring your car into some place like C.T. or even a dealer because what my friend told was true for me and I always brought my car to the dealer.....hmmmmm. NOW I JUST SAY NO (haha)
    Last edited by momof5boys; Tue, Mar 12th, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Just a little light snow falling as I type this. Nothing thrilling planned today other than vacuuming upstairs, putting clean sheets on the bed and then of course laundry. I have this craving for muffins so I might make some. I am going to try the Cream of Wheat sample that came yesterday just to see if I like it or not...never did as a kid as I prefer oatmeal.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information