User Tag List

Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Took the kids to the annual carnival today. It's held right on the frozen lake! I gave them lunch before we went so I didn't have to feed them the expensive food there. We did splurge on some "tire" at the Cabane a Sucre there. Growing up in Quebec, the Cabane a Sucre is something that was a part of my childhood. I miss it and wish my kids could experience more. So I bought them some "tire" (boiled syrup on snow). But they had a great time, a freezing time, but a great time.
    Mmmm... Sugar houses, yep that was my favourite field trip growing up just outside of Ottawa (Nepean). Only they could never give me enough of the maple syrup on ice. Yummmmy! I introduced my newfie husband to Maple sugar candy yesterday- he had never had it before! Sacrilege!

Yesterday was sewing day. DS had a play date so I got to work. I made a new set of thick oven gloves, altered a pair of jeans, and fixed DS' cracking "Cars" walmart back pack. I turned it into a Captain America back pack (like the shield). He loves it. He really loves Captain America (or at least the idea of him with the shield, given that he doesn't watch any of the cartoons.)
    Last edited by matty's mom; Sat, Mar 16th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We are going to CT tomorrow to get furnace filters for the house and a tub spout protector to protect baby boy. We have our scratch card and our friend might give us his to use also.
    I plan on baking tomorrow. Picked up 4 50% off bananas at No Frills today. I want to make banana chocolate chip muffins and banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Probably bake something else for supper. Possibly lazy man cabbage roles or biscuits. We shall see.
    would love your recipe for the cabbage rolls if you want to share
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I am home with the kids again today.
    Yesterday we "tried" to go to the park but it was frigid and windy. I bought them a tim's hot chocolate each and the youngest won a "coffee" so she was pretty pumped. We came home and played some "old maid" cards.
    I splurged AGAIN and we had chinese food for dinner to celebrate the end of March break (LOL).

I bought some eggs last night and I'm going to make the icing for the chocolate cake today.
    As for me, I started with the gym thursday night. I"ve just been walking a moderate pace on the treadmill and then added the eliptical last night. Its hard but I"m feeling good and its nice to have "me" time.

I need to find more free activities for the kids to do. Grocery shopping tomorrow so I've got to continue to purge the fridge

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went into FB this morning and got my 2 boxes of PB Cheerios. They only had 2 left after I got mine.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Went into FB this morning and got my 2 boxes of PB Cheerios. They only had 2 left after I got mine.
    wow! Its good tomorrow too? I have two of those
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yesterday it was off to lindsay pickup up a meat order from butcher have most of that sold it was all ready reorder which was good, went to national grocery and did a month grocery shop 269.39 got a lot stuff there was a lot of marked down veggies they are all copped and in freezer (3 stakes of celery 1.49, 2 bags of 3lb carrots 1.50,10lb bag onion 2.25,3 green peppers.93,20kg bag of white sugar 16.99) a lot of the stuff l got will last a lot more then a month.
    went to foodland today got there toilet paper that was on sale 4 packs=20.20 then off to independent got there advil with coupon,2 cans of coffee,and a case of gingerale =23.06 so total is 312.65 i know this looks like alot but like i said there is more then just months also, baked banana muffins ,carrot cake with cream cheese icing,and now doing the laundry.have a great weekend ever one keep up the great work that you are doing

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So I took my car to the garage and luckuly it was a $20.00 fix of a lightbulb, got then to fill up the tires while I was there. So Monday I will bring dh's truck in hopefully it's a simple fix and not expensive, fingers crossed, I stil have not done any baking today, I was so pumped up to do it but lazy day, should get off my ass, thinking grocery night tonight maybe if I can get dh to come along, not much in the flyers for us but I am foreseeing stocking up on cereal this week and the basics, bread, milk, eggs, that's the plan anyways.

I got locked out of the yahoo email account as it was sending spam and now it's asking me a question about my honeymoon in 2009, I didn't get married in 2009 what the heck, what a pain in the ass. I'm so ticked off and of course try and email them....no way in helll is it possible.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well havent shopped in 3 days -cause i am sick with strep throat-its awefull-probably wont shop all next week either -just send hubby to get milk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Okay so I got off my ass after my last post, here is what I made, I will critique and post pictures later today

I followed the one right below exactly
    http://www.food.com/recipe/canadian-...cookies-305805

The recipe below I doubled the batter as it looked too liquidy????
    http://www.food.com/recipe/maple-syr...ng-cake-173250

cookies are excellent
    Name:  Maple syrup cookies 2013 004.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  41.3 KB

picture of cake - not tasted yet (lol)
    Name:  Maple syrup cookies 2013 008.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  58.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sat, Mar 16th, 2013 at 05:04 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well havent shopped in 3 days -cause i am sick with strep throat-its awefull-probably wont shop all next week either -just send hubby to get milk
    Another DISLIKE For being sick!! Feel better soon! Strep is not fun.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon, I hope your husband only buys milk when he's sent to buy milk (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Caseythegoalie likes this.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

so its been a week of no spending a single cents, dd who is 6 months old next week is catching a cold very irritable and did not sleep much last night. I planned of going to CT today as I have lots of those scratch cards but feel so bad to leave her behind sick like this, baking has been the highlight of the day made two batches of Cinnamon buns for tomorrow's breakfast and gave some to the newcomer from our country, and bake some asian pastry did not came out the way they have in store but still good for the first making it. Don't see myself going shopping tom. might be Monday after ds goes back to school.
    Since I'd been a part of this thread I have been watching more every single dollar that we spend and have been able to use old stock in the pantry that I don't even know we have. Should we continue this thread till the end of the year ?, keeping us on our toes with the spending and becoming more resourceful with whatever we have available.
    Last edited by SimplifiedMommyTips; Sat, Mar 16th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We won $5 on our CT card. Used it towards a re-usable air filter for the house. If we like it, we will buy a second one. This way dh doesn't have to crawl under the house twice each time he changes the filter (monthly). It cost the same amount as three monthly filters, so it can easily start to save us money.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I would like to continue being frugal until the end of time (lol) but definately would be up for the rest of 2013!

Question of the day?

What should we call the April thread for frugal chatter????

Post your names and we can all decide by votes, etc.

ALSO

IS there any way to post a post that everyone can modify and add their homemade cleaning recipes???? anyone know how?

Also one for food recipes would be fantastic as well...

Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post
    so its been a week of no spending a single cents, dd who is 6 months old next week is catching a cold very irritable and did not sleep much last night. I planned of going to CT today as I have lots of those scratch cards but feel so bad to leave her behind sick like this, baking has been the highlight of the day made two batches of Cinnamon buns for tomorrow's breakfast and gave some to the newcomer from our country, and bake some asian pastry did not came out the way they have in store but still good for the first making it. Don't see myself going shopping tom. might be Monday after ds goes back to school.
    Since I'd been a part of this thread I have been watching more every single dollar that we spend and have been able to use old stock in the pantry that I don't even know we have. Should we continue this thread till the end of the year ?, keeping us on our toes with the spending and becoming more resourceful with whatever we have available.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sat, Mar 16th, 2013 at 06:11 PM.
    Crochetlady, Angela273 and Insane like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Groceries done. $188 and some change. I kept is very, very basic. Which really just means next week will be more expensive. I didn't buy any eggs or flour this week but will surely have to next week. Plus I'll have the expensive of a turkey next week. I wanted to keep it under $200 so that I could put away a $25GC. Everytime my grocery store does a spend $250 get $25GC I put the GC aside. I nearly have enough for a week's worth of groceries, which I'll use in April.

This week's menu is
    Sunday: Omelettes (using ham from last week and cheese already in the fridge)
    Monday: Tuna casserole (using cream of mushroom soup I made and froze a few weeks ago, and pink sticker organic pasta bought weeks ago)
    Tuesday: apple porkchops (bought a club pack so I'll make some and freeze some)
    Wednesday: Pea soup (with ham from last week in the slow cooker)
    Thursday: Spinach & cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce (this is most most expensive meal this week. Alfredo sauce is expensive to make)
    Friday: Quiche
    Saturday: Turkey puff

Kids are home this week. Lunches consist of leftovers 3 times and...mini pizzas, lentil soup, sausage rolls and baked beans (all of it homemade).
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information