User Tag List

Page 46 of 81 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I would like to continue being frugal until the end of time (lol) but definately would be up for the rest of 2013!

Question of the day?

What should we call the April thread for frugal chatter????

Post your names and we can all decide by votes, etc.

ALSO

IS there any way to post a post that everyone can modify and add their homemade cleaning recipes???? anyone know how?

Also one for food recipes would be fantastic as well...
    April Savings Showers?
    April's Awesome Frugality

I have a funny one for May...May the frugal be with you! LOL
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Anyone have recipe ideas that use dry roasted peanuts?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. making homemade pizza tonight for supper. 4 larges. - teen age boy syndrome.
    any hoo.
    cheapest would be 80.00 for all 4. - 20.00 per pizza.
    most have 6 toppings on it.
    all in . paid under 20.00 including all the meat. and veggies.
    and there should be leftovers for lunch tommorrow.

I also drastically reduce the fat in the pizzas . so grease is not dripping off of it. win win.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok. making homemade pizza tonight for supper. 4 larges. - teen age boy syndrome.
    any hoo.

I also drastically reduce the fat in the pizzas . so grease is not dripping off of it. win win.
    Homemade pizza is so easy. And the dough freezes too. I used to make it in the breadmaker and freeze half of it. Sadly, one no longer feeds my brood. But since it's so ridiculously simple to make in the breadmaker, it doesn't really phase me. Add ingredients, press go wait 2hrs, presto dough is made. Roll it out, dress, cook. So, so easy and so cheap and WAY better for you than frozen pizzas or store bought ones.

We often make calzones too. That way everyone puts what they want in it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

You can't go wrong with that price + it's homemade, yummy, I hope you end up with leftovers.

Do you make your own pizza dough or do you buy the kits, just curious?

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    any hoo.

SassyAshley likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

make my own dough.
    actually, since my gall stone was acting up tonight.... my 15 yr old son made it. dough turned out fantastic.
    if you wantthe recipie , just ask. its so easy.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    You can't go wrong with that price + it's homemade, yummy, I hope you end up with leftovers.

Do you make your own pizza dough or do you buy the kits, just curious?
    I make mine in the breadmaker but this recipes looks ridiculously easy too. You don't have to use whole wheat if you don't eat it.

http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/easies...rust-freezable
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I don't have any but I'm thinking peanut brittle?

here's a recipe I stumbled upon on line looks simple, if you don't have corn syrup look up an alternative/substitute
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/microwa...eanut-brittle/

substitute for corn syrup if you don't have any

• You can make a syrup from sugar and water. If you need a 1/4 cup of corn syrup use 1/4 cup white sugar and about 2 Tablespoons of water, stir over low heat until dissolved, let cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Anyone have recipe ideas that use dry roasted peanuts?
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sat, Mar 16th, 2013 at 09:15 PM.
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So didn't do groceries today but will tomorrow, the list is looking like this:

2x Neilson Milk on sale at WM $3.97

2x 10lb white patatoes on sale at Independent grocers (Fri, sat, Sun) .99 each bag (YEAH)

Cereal @ Giant Tiger $2.47 assorted types 275g-350g shows Kelloggs Froot Loops, Raisin Bran, etc) I think this is the cheapest price on cereal will double check that they have the SYB (share your breakfast) pins

$2.00 Kelloggs Raisin Bran @ No Frills will pm at WM

3x $2.99 Hellmans Mayo 250-890ml = good price stocking up (lol)will pm at WM

$3.00 Robin Hood Flour 2.5kg at Metro - $1.00 coupon = $2.00 good price

4x Glade at Giant Tiger $4.94 - $5.00 = overage of 06 at WM

$2.99 for 5lbs of Navel oranges at Sobeys (Will send dh on Monday after work to pick up)

Kik yogurt drinks at Food Basics (splurging with coupons = .24 each cheaper than actual yogurt for lunch snacks)
    .57 - $1.00 wub3 tare pad = .24
    will be sending dh on Monday after work

IF YOU NOTICED A CHEAPER PRICE IN THE ONTARIO FLYERS PLEASE LET ME KNOW, thanks

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went and did our shopping today, still working on how much it cost but I am pretty sure we did come in under budget. I paid for Dinner Out since we were out all day and mom paid for Groceries. Very happy with what we got, we picked up quiet a few Fruits and Veggies **Happy Dance**.

It was a really long day, mom wanted a new cell phone, her BB is seriously messed up and Virgin wouldn't do anything for her since it was over a year old when it started acting up they would do nothing for her. So she arranged yesterday to "cancel" her contract and upgrade to an Iphone (Yeah, two checkout51 accounts now). Turns out everything she was told was not true so we spent over 2 hours in the store and finally my mom just gave up cancelled with Virgin all together and went back to Bell. My mom has had nothing but problems since she went with Virgin. Now I am kind of jealous, I would LOVE an Iphone but just cannot make the switch as right now I do not pay for my phone and cannot justify in my own mind carrying two phones when my current one is free.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Cleaning out the freezer. I took out a load of bananas to make muffins and some tomatoes to make butter chicken and sauce for a lasagna.

My mother in law had a stroke on wednesday so we've been driving between newmarket and barrie. It's getting very expensive between, gas,parking and drinks at the hospital. So I'm planning on making some meals we can warm in the microwave while we're there and some snacks to take with us.

Made DH and my mum (who is visiting) seared duck breast for dinner, it's been in the freezer for a couple of months so it's nice to get one item out of there.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your MIL.

If you MIL is in South Lake and you know she is going to be there for a bit pick up a hotel pass for parking. You can get them by the day (this is meant for people who come and go through out the day), the week or month. I cannot remember the exact rates, but it can save you a ton especially if you are there almost all day and keep maxing at $17 for parking. We did this when my Nanny was in the hospital as my mom was there all day got there around 9 am and did not leave until 5 or 6 pm (Nanny always wanted her to stay until after dinner). If I remember correctly it cost us a couple dollars more a week pass than it cost for just 2 days of parking and than when we found out she was terminal we picked up a month pass. In the end it saved us a TON of money.

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Cleaning out the freezer. I took out a load of bananas to make muffins and some tomatoes to make butter chicken and sauce for a lasagna.

My mother in law had a stroke on wednesday so we've been driving between newmarket and barrie. It's getting very expensive between, gas,parking and drinks at the hospital. So I'm planning on making some meals we can warm in the microwave while we're there and some snacks to take with us.

Made DH and my mum (who is visiting) seared duck breast for dinner, it's been in the freezer for a couple of months so it's nice to get one item out of there.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Homemade pizza is so easy. And the dough freezes too. I used to make it in the breadmaker and freeze half of it. Sadly, one no longer feeds my brood. But since it's so ridiculously simple to make in the breadmaker, it doesn't really phase me. Add ingredients, press go wait 2hrs, presto dough is made. Roll it out, dress, cook. So, so easy and so cheap and WAY better for you than frozen pizzas or store bought ones.

We often make calzones too. That way everyone puts what they want in it.
    That's what i do make a few batches in my breadmaker and then freeze them
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Sat, Mar 16th, 2013 at 10:58 PM.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she feels better soon..

gourmetsue and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Yes the weekly/monthly pass is way cheaper than the daily rate.

gourmetsue and jasperandchar like this.

Page 46 of 81 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information