User Tag List

Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

Right now any money I save is just savings I will keep in the bank for now and decide what to do with it later. Would not mind adding to my TFSA but we will have to see. I would also like to take some money and do something for me, whether it be a day of shopping or a couple days away. I find it so hard to do these things as I am always worried about the money factor and tend to regret spending the money even though it is always money I have so it is not like I am using credit but still I hate doing it. I am always worried I will spend the money and than something will come up and I won't have money to cover it. Think it goes back to my teenage years when I was broke, had just paid my tuition for school and my car broke down and thought of fixing of it was impossible, ended up calling my dad in tears as I stood in the driving being mad at my car for not starting, thinking really you had to do this now (yes in my mind it was the cars fault).
    I'm exactly the same way. Exactly! I have a hard time spending any money on myself. I hate getting my hair cut cause I feel guilty about spending that money on myself. Or buying new clothes, ect... I don't hesistate to buy my kids something, but spending money on myself seems wrong. I feel like the money could be "better" spent elsewhere. I had my son while I was in university and I was always so broke. Like food bank broke. I remember walking into my local resource center in tears cause I couldn't afford diapers and I didn't know what to do. I had to go to my parents to get grocery money once. So I always like to have a cushion now. And it pains me greatly to spend it-especially if I am spending it on me. I was upset when I had to drain our emergency fund cause it meant we didn't have one anymore. Eventhough, that was exactly what it was for, the thought of not having a cushion anymore made me leery.

I used to hoard all my points too (airmiles, aeroplan, SDM, ect...) until someone pointed out to me that they weren't earning me interest! So now I spend them when I see something I need/want.

Speaking of emergency funds (which still hasn't recovered from when I had to use it last), woke up this morning to pink fluid on the snow under the car. Means the power steering is leaking-again. And of course the car isn't under warranty anymore. Sigh....
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

On a completely different note...I may be going Insane (ha ha, get it, Insane?) but....the "like" button disappeared all of a sudden. Or is it just me?
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 05:51 PM.
    Insane and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:35 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am this way with my Sobey's Point. Whenever they ask if I will spend them my mom makes smart ass comments. I like keeping them there just in case we ever NEED them.

It kind of bugs me at times because I am the one who works full time and picks up the slack if we come up short on money. But she likes t bug me about my spending habits or lack of spending habits. But up until recently I was the one paying for everything, mortgage, phone, hydro, cable, taxes, groceries and to make it worse some members of my family would comment on how I couldn't be out on my own or that I have not grown up or matured enough yet. But I am the one who is always worried about the money and making sure things are paid. This does nothing to help my money worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post

I used to hoard all my points too (airmiles, aeroplan, SDM, ect...) until someone pointed out to me that they weren't earning me interest! So now I spend them when I see something I need/want.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I hate getting my hair cut too. Usually leave it so long my hairdresser gives me a hard time about it. So I don`t know what made me go today but I`m glad I did. On my way there I saw a desk chair at the curb with a free sign on it. I`ve needed a new one for a long time but didn`t want to spend the money on it. Also couldn`t get one in the car. This one was a few blocks from home so it didn`t matter that the trunk wouldn`t close.

I`m trying to keep expenses down this month too but getting a virus on the computer didn`t help. I got it completely cleaned to the tune of $85 but was well worth it...it`s so much faster now.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I usually leave my hair so long that I have to fight with the people to cut it as short as I want it, they always tell me I will regret it in the morning. I always explain them this is normal for me, I let it get way way way to long and than I chop it off, I tell them it comes down to laziness (no need to tell the I do not want to spend the money). On that note I really do need it cut, it is getting unmanageable and I have to pull it back everyday.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

My mom uses it for icing when she doing cakes or teaching a cake class. Also we have a recipes that call for shortening instead of butter.

I know you need shortening for pie crust, but for some reason my mom is not good with pastry and I do not even try. On that note though we have found the best pastry recipe and it is made with cream cheese and it amazing, we love it.
    Please share the pastry recipe

tY
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cream Cheese Pastry Recipe:
    1 Cup Flour
    3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
    Pinch of Salt
    1/2 Margarine Softened (We use butter)
    1 Package (3 ounces) Cream Cheese Softened
    2 Teaspoons Sugar

In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl mix margarine, cream cheese and sugar until well combined.
    Stir in flour mixture until well blended.

Baking temp and times all depends on the recipe and how you are using the pastry. We usually use it to make mini butter tarts.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post
    so I'd been looking for meat on sale, went to Freshco yesterday and did not found any, went to metro today and they have 40-50% off on some pork ribs and pork chop, beef strip for stir fries, bought whatever good deal I found for my stockfile..

Also I found yeast for $2.99 for Quick rise and for bread machine at Freshco and started making bread this morning, the house smells so yummy and the boys were like so excited to have it for breakfast, now will try making egg bread..
    Love that smell!! And we LOVE egg bread. Thanks to SDM eggs @ 1.99 plus the egg coupons ($1 for every 2 doz) we will be making it as well!
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I usually leave my hair so long that I have to fight with the people to cut it as short as I want it, they always tell me I will regret it in the morning. I always explain them this is normal for me, I let it get way way way to long and than I chop it off, I tell them it comes down to laziness (no need to tell the I do not want to spend the money). On that note I really do need it cut, it is getting unmanageable and I have to pull it back everyday.
    I do that too! I had my hair about 7" past my shoulders and chopped it short. I mean short- about 4"length at the bangs-everything else was this side of a buzz cut.

And I can't imagine my life without ponytail elastics!
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Nice score on the freebies, I too had a free curb side pick up, school called because my oldest my not feeling great again today, so when driving to the school I noticed a plastic thingy with drawers at the side of the road, , I don't know what to call it, you know you can put your crafts or extra toothpaste or razors (haha) THIS IS SUPER EXCITING BECAUSE WE ARE RURAL and THIS RARELY HAPPENS and a small exercise trampoline you know the one from the 80's exercise videos (lol), so I put both in my car after picking ds up from school, he was laughing at me about the trampoline so of course I needed to demostrate the exercises (not as coordinated as I used to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I hate getting my hair cut too. Usually leave it so long my hairdresser gives me a hard time about it. So I don`t know what made me go today but I`m glad I did. On my way there I saw a desk chair at the curb with a free sign on it. I`ve needed a new one for a long time but didn`t want to spend the money on it. Also couldn`t get one in the car. This one was a few blocks from home so it didn`t matter that the trunk wouldn`t close.

I`m trying to keep expenses down this month too but getting a virus on the computer didn`t help. I got it completely cleaned to the tune of $85 but was well worth it...it`s so much faster now.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm exactly like you I get a nice hair cut = then neglect to keep it up and let my hair grow really long (donate the hair through First Choice Haircutters FOR WIGS) and then start over.....it's a vicious circle. I must admit it's a great feeling when your hair is freshly cut and who am I kidding I go to First Choice Hair Cutters so why not get it cut more often.....duh I don't know.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Just curious do you have any other services with Bell such as Tv, Satelitte or internet or is it just phone? I would love to get my phone down to $19.50/mo - congrats to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Called Bell today about the hike in our phone bill and chose the disconnect my service option...got the phone down to $13.95/mo that easy.
    LuvToUseCoupons likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh I am the same, I go to First Choice because I just do not see the need to spend more. I could see if I was having my hair layered or dyed but since I go for a simple straight cut first choice is a great choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I'm exactly like you I get a nice hair cut = then neglect to keep it up and let my hair grow really long (donate the hair through First Choice Haircutters FOR WIGS) and then start over.....it's a vicious circle. I must admit it's a great feeling when your hair is freshly cut and who am I kidding I go to First Choice Hair Cutters so why not get it cut more often.....duh I don't know.
    Crochetlady and matty's mom like this.

Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information