User Tag List

Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

I have to cancel my newspaper subscription, they want me to pay $74 for 6 months, I got the current subscription for $27 for 6 months and they are offering me another promotion for $37 and I still refuse to pay, $10 is extra money in my pocket. The only reason why I subscribed for newspaper is the coupon inserts, I figure will just trade coupons from members if there is anything that I need.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Wow!!! That is crazy!! I'd cancel too, but I get my inserts still. I just get one from the box when I know there are inserts. still cheaper.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sounds good...mmm

Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post
    I have different way of making spring rolls, for the meaty ones, 1 lb of ground pork or chicken, 1/2 cup of sweet chili sauce ( you can buy it from chinese or asian store) minced 1 carrot, sometimes when I get lazy I just grate it , minced ginger, season it with salt and pepper then deep fry.
    Another recipe that I used from asian/chinese store a lumpia shanghia mix ( filipino mix), ground pork, minced carrot, minced garlic then deep fry.

edit:
    veggie version:
    minced garlic, chopped onions,julienne carrots, cabbage, green beans, ground pork, salt and pepper or a little bit of soya sauce just saute a bit veggies must be a bit crunchy, not soggy.

another veggie version; same ingredients above just add steamed bean noodles and you have the stuffing for your spring roll.

sauce: we make back home and even here is white vinegar ( only vinegar we have available back home that we can afford but you can use apple cider vinegar ) little bit of soya sauce and crushed garlic, the garlic opens up your appetite even more.

hope it works for you..
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I usually leave my hair so long that I have to fight with the people to cut it as short as I want it, they always tell me I will regret it in the morning. I always explain them this is normal for me, I let it get way way way to long and than I chop it off, I tell them it comes down to laziness (no need to tell the I do not want to spend the money). On that note I really do need it cut, it is getting unmanageable and I have to pull it back everyday.
    This is me! They always ask 'are you sure? are you sure?'. Same with everyone else, I'm just lazy or don't have the time to get it done. Nice to know I'm not alone

So I thought the budget was blown last week because DH did the shopping, but he did manage to stay within budget! We'll be eating chicken thighs all week, but we can manage lol. I really need to get back to meal planning and being organized. I hate coming home any not knowing what we're having for dinner and having to think on the spot.

I loooove spring rolls! Where I used to live, there was a restaurant called...can you guess? Spring Rolls and they made the best ones I've ever eaten!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Here is my favorite recipe for chicken thighs if you want to try and easy & yummy recipe.....I'm drooling

1 package of Dry Onion Soup
    1/2 cup of Ketchup
    1/4 cup of brown sugar
    1/2 cup of water

mix all together and roll your chicken around to get them all saucy and I also add small chunks of patatoes (not in the recipe) however the patoes get all saucy......yummy.

Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Let me know if you like it.

I hope I'm not aging myself (lol) but when we first got married 18 years ago chicken thighs were like .47 lbs and now they have more than doubled, the prices in general on everything have more than doubled and in some cases tripled

Quote Originally Posted by amandabananda View Post
    This is me! They always ask 'are you sure? are you sure?'. Same with everyone else, I'm just lazy or don't have the time to get it done. Nice to know I'm not alone

So I thought the budget was blown last week because DH did the shopping, but he did manage to stay within budget! We'll be eating chicken thighs all week, but we can manage lol. I really need to get back to meal planning and being organized. I hate coming home any not knowing what we're having for dinner and having to think on the spot.

I loooove spring rolls! Where I used to live, there was a restaurant called...can you guess? Spring Rolls and they made the best ones I've ever eaten!
    Angela273 and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have been working on my grocery list Needs vs. Wants (wants are not really an issue as I just ignore them) I'm a meany I know.

I'm so excited a new grocery store opened up 20 minutes away a few weeks ago and I forsee free + overage on my VH sauces, okay they are the smaller bottles but ask me if I care (lol). They are on sale for .85 for 225ml VH sauces - $2.00 wub2 = FREE + overage OMG, I'm so all over this, I can't wait UNTIL TUESDAY it's a 1 day sale but that's OKEY DOKEY WITH ME.

I don't have a huge grocery list this week which is awesome because last week I was over by $25.00 so hopefully it will all work out.

I need:
    Milk, sliced bread for kiddos sandwiches, flour, VH SAUCE OF COURSE, and I need chicken I believe it's on sale this week at NF's so I will have to pm at WM.
    Angela273 and lecale like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I have been working on my grocery list Needs vs. Wants (wants are not really an issue as I just ignore them) I'm a meany I know.

I'm so excited a new grocery store opened up 20 minutes away a few weeks ago and I forsee free + overage on my VH sauces, okay they are the smaller bottles but ask me if I care (lol). They are on sale for .85 for 225ml VH sauces - $2.00 wub2 = FREE + overage OMG, I'm so all over this, I can't wait UNTIL TUESDAY it's a 1 day sale but that's OKEY DOKEY WITH ME.

I don't have a huge grocery list this week which is awesome because last week I was over by $25.00 so hopefully it will all work out.

I need:
    Milk, sliced bread for kiddos sandwiches, flour, VH SAUCE OF COURSE, and I need chicken I believe it's on sale this week at NF's so I will have to pm at WM.
    Haha. See I am ok doing without. The husband not so much. He keeps saying when will you go shopping we have no food.
    Um, yes we do! I made a full turkey spread monday, tuesday was swedish meatballs and rice, wednesday was HOMEMADE perogies that took me most of the afternoon! He kills me, OMG. The kids are thrilled with all the homemade food. When I go back to work March 18 they know I will be more time strapped but I am trying to make homemade a priority. It has to be.
    He has to get over his pity party lol, I told him this is the way its going to be! We can both afford to lose a few pounds

By the way, loving all these recipe shares! Thanks!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 05:52 PM.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

What number did you call? and what option did you press?
    They raise my bill again last month and I am thinking of switching company.
    By the way that's a GREAT rate.
    At $13.95. I would save my self over $40 per month. Wouldn't that be great.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Called Bell today about the hike in our phone bill and chose the disconnect my service option...got the phone down to $13.95/mo that easy.
    Last edited by LuvToUseCoupons; Thu, Mar 7th, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

got cheap pork ribs yesterday will try your recipe, should work for pork ribs too right ?? sounds so yummy, will have it for weekend dinner.

Here is my favorite recipe for chicken thighs if you want to try and easy & yummy recipe.....I'm drooling

1/2 cup of Ketchup
    1/4 cup of brown sugar
    1/2 cup of water

mix all together and roll your chicken around to get them all saucy and I also add small chunks of patatoes (not in the recipe) however the patoes get all saucy......yummy.

I hope I'm not aging myself (lol) but when we first got married 18 years ago chicken thighs were like .47 lbs and now they have more than doubled, the prices in general on everything have more than doubled and in some cases tripled

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 10:47 AM.
    Insane and LuvToUseCoupons like this.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

So as jasperandchar told me the other day..."baby steps"
    And I am taking that to heart...
    So the first and Big change that I need to do is "meal planing".
    I went to the store last night and got a few things...will have to go back again today...forgot some stuff.
    Yes I know... was rushing...had to be home by a certain time.
    But I think that if I can get that organize and keep to it, or as close to it as possible that will be a big help.
    So please continue to share your recipes and ideas it's really helping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

1/2 cup of Ketchup
    1/4 cup of brown sugar
    1/2 cup of water

Thanks for the recipe.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Thanks I'm going to try and see what happens.
    I don't really want to disconnect, just a much better rate, so I hope that when I press that even if I don't get a good rate it doesn't disconnect my service.
    I wouldn't want to disconnect without having another phone/company ready.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I selected phone and then disconnect your service. Told them I would use a cell phone before I would pay $35 a month for a landline. The guy instantly came up with the offer.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Haha. See I am ok doing without. The husband not so much. He keeps saying when will you go shopping we have no food.
    Um, yes we do! I made a full turkey spread monday, tuesday was swedish meatballs and rice, wednesday was HOMEMADE perogies that took me most of the afternoon! He kills me, OMG. The kids are thrilled with all the homemade food. When I go back to work March 18 they know I will be more time strapped but I am trying to make homemade a priority. It has to be.
    He has to get over his pity party lol, I told him this is the way its going to be! We can both afford to lose a few pounds

By the way, loving all these recipe shares! Thanks!
    Could you share your recipe for the Perogies.
    My kids , actually all of us, lol, love Perogies.
    I just need the receipe for the casing, I have a cheesey potatoe casserole recipe that I will use for the filling.
    Thanks
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information