User Tag List

Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

congrats onthe cc pay off.

I love how none purfumy my laundry dtg smells.
    I use vinager sometimes inthe washer. i found after about 1 year of not using fabric softener, not needing anything to reduce static cling. and I wash flannel sheets, ect. no static cling.

today I am attending a seedy saturday event. my first one!!! and hoping to get some more seeds for my garden. and a few coupons for stuff.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Is it weird that I love a few hours with the house to myself to clean, no one will get in my way, no one to make comments. Can just clean at my pace do my thing with no interruptions.

I have officially started my spring cleaning, wish me luck, I am currently living in an episode of hoarders (We do not have garbage and gross stuff, just our over stuffed house with the addition of nanny's stuff we still have not sorted through, mom keeps saying she wants it gone but I do not think she is ready yet so I am try really really hard not to push her about it but it is starting to drive me a bit insane that we can no longer use half our living room or our dining room because it is full of boxes and bags from Nanny's).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Its kind of contradictory because I am a migraine sufferer and am sensitive to certain smells....but the laundry is fine lol.
    I have several drying racks in my basement so I use the dryer only for towels/blankets and unshrinkables. Prob only about 20% of the laundry is dryer dried.

Good for you on the spring cleaning! I feel like nothing stays clean here with three kids and three animals. Kind of like fighting a losing battle, kwim? Off to make my SDM redemption list for tomorrow. Excited!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 05:52 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

okey dokey

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    It's not an allergy per say. We just don't eat it (I can't look at it when it's broken).
    macw1960 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

super cheap for groceries, lucky ducky!

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Went and picked up some groceries today. Total spent $27.68 and coupons used $48.71. Also found some coupons to post on my trade list. $.78 spent at TH's and won a free doughnut. No spend days to date 4.
    macw1960 and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Well, my tax refund hit my account today.
    I stared at that nice big number for a bit and then started making payments and transfers.
    Mastercard paid off!!!!! yeehaw!
    macw1960 and Caseythegoalie like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

off to hang the sheets outside, I love the smell

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

baby steps, what is you take out 1 box a week or 1 box each day on the weekend and just get her to sit down and say yay or nay? I know it's difficult and easier said than done, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Is it weird that I love a few hours with the house to myself to clean, no one will get in my way, no one to make comments. Can just clean at my pace do my thing with no interruptions.

I have officially started my spring cleaning, wish me luck, I am currently living in an episode of hoarders (We do not have garbage and gross stuff, just our over stuffed house with the addition of nanny's stuff we still have not sorted through, mom keeps saying she wants it gone but I do not think she is ready yet so I am try really really hard not to push her about it but it is starting to drive me a bit insane that we can no longer use half our living room or our dining room because it is full of boxes and bags from Nanny's).
    macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

I don't but my sister does.. she likes it...I think it's ok for certain laundry (washroom rugs, dish cloths etc.) but I personally don't like it on my cloths. I think it's also ok for the sports cloths and towels that they use (the smelly ones) just not my everyday cloths.

Does anyone here use vinegar in their Laundry?

I have been adding it but not really sure what I think of it yet.
    macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

It's worst than that, but as we talk about food here a lot...
    I don't want to say what the sight of a broken slimy egg does to me...

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    okey dokey
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

I know right.... Wish I could get my groceries to even double that.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    super cheap for groceries, lucky ducky!
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Just want to say that I might be very hard for your Mom to go through her late Mother's things...my advice don't push her... every one grieve in there own way, and she might not be ready to go through her Mom's things just yet....
    If you could put the boxes downstairs, or in a corner of a room, or in a closet that would be nice (if she see you moving them and ask what you are doing just tell her that you are just putting them away until she is ready to go through them). Just put them some where out of the way so that you are comfortable as it's your home too, and every now and then just ask your Mom if she is ready to go through Nana's things, and see what she says...
    She might not be ready for awhile, it could be days, weeks, months, or even longer but eventually she will get the strength and say yes.
    Losing your Mom is not an easy thing, and to be force to deal with it before you are ready to, or is able to, or is strong enough to isn't easy...Just remember she lost her Mom and she is still grieving.
    Know that going through her Mom's things will be very painful for her and she has to be in a very strong place when she does do this...just continue to be there for her, from your posts I see that you are a good support for your Mom. Take care.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you, I am not pushing her and we only do it when she feels like it Unfortunately there is no where to move Nanny's stuff as her house was sold in record time and we gave them a fast closing since she was in the hospital so we had to pretty much box it up and haul it to our house when we could. Mom was at the hospital everyday with her and I was working So we moved all of mom's cake stuff to the basement and now have half our living room, our dining room our guest room and a storage locker full of Nanny's stuff. We have decided to redo out basement, we are eliminating our office in our basement which will become mom's cake room, which means her cake room will be my stockpile room. Oh well we will get through it slowly but surely I am going to start going through it by myself and pull out what I know we will not be keeping like her blender since we already have 2 of our own. I need the snow to go away so I can have a yard sale.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Just want to say that I might be very hard for your Mom to go through her late Mother's things...my advice don't push her... every one grieve in there own way, and she might not be ready to go through her Mom's things just yet....
    If you could put the boxes downstairs, or in a corner of a room, or in a closet that would be nice (if she see you moving them and ask what you are doing just tell her that you are just putting them away until she is ready to go through them). Just put them some where out of the way so that you are comfortable as it's your home too, and every now and then just ask your Mom if she is ready to go through Nana's things, and see what she says...
    She might not be ready for awhile, it could be days, weeks, months, or even longer but eventually she will get the strength and say yes.
    Losing your Mom is not an easy thing, and to be force to deal with it before you are ready to, or is able to, or is strong enough to isn't easy...Just remember she lost her Mom and she is still grieving.
    Know that going through her Mom's things will be very painful for her and she has to be in a very strong place when she does do this...just continue to be there for her, from your posts I see that you are a good support for your Mom. Take care.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

A yard sale is a good idea.
    Just make sure your Mom know or sees what you plan to put in it....wouldn't want to sell something that has sentimental meaning to her.
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread Information