User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree245Likes

Thread: I want to see YOUR coupon binder brag :)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I have been searching high and low for the "perfect" couponn binder that is easy to take along for shopping trips , also convenient since I use public transit to haul my loads .

I would love to see the different kinds people have been using to give an idea for us newbies what works . Also im sure there are many DIY coupon binder makers out there...any info would be helpful . Although my coupon craze is making my coupon stash larger ...im going crazy from seeing so many envelopes when I have to find a specific coupon.....I used to only have a LARGE envelope..singluar ...only one ..now im sporting 5 envelopes plus a box that tampax samples came in ....all in which the contents are unknown....the horror

Pictures would be great ..afterall it is your brag.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    macw1960, wifey and paciad like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by niro_anan View Post
    I have been searching high and low for the "perfect" couponn binder that is easy to take along for shopping trips , also convenient since I use public transit to haul my loads .

I would love to see the different kinds people have been using to give an idea for us newbies what works . Also im sure there are many DIY coupon binder makers out there...any info would be helpful . Although my coupon craze is making my coupon stash larger ...im going crazy from seeing so many envelopes when I have to find a specific coupon.....I used to only have a LARGE envelope..singluar ...only one ..now im sporting 5 envelopes plus a box that tampax samples came in ....all in which the contents are unknown....the horror

Pictures would be great ..afterall it is your brag.
    I don't have a pic but I can tell you my coupon organization has evolved since I started. I began with a ziploc, then a carboard coupon clutch and went to a regular three hold binder and then to a zip close binder with a front and back mesh pocket (one dump on the floor of a store of all your coupons and you get a zip close). I have added different size inserts and dividers and still find myself looking to be even more organized lol

Cheers,

Snip.
    niro_anan likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

ohh good idea for a thread, I hope people play along! I wanna see everyone's setup too. I'll take a pic when i get home. my 'binder' is essentially an old 3 ring photo album that I embellished a bit.
    niro_anan likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have 2 cpn "binders". The first one is a plastic receipt holder with dividers and an elastic to go around the whole thing to keep it closed - this I keep in my purse and take everywhere with me (you never know when I'll decide to pop into a store) - this has my personal stash of cpns. The second is just a bunch of envelopes with a plain ol elastic band around them - these are my trade cpns divided by envie.
    niro_anan and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'm very organized and would love to take pictures but can't as everything is packed up for moving tomorrow. I really shouldn't even be posting but doing more packing so shhh!!!!

I started with envelopes, evolved to a little accordian file I got at WM for $3 then upgraded to a zip binder for everything, then had to even split that into two zip binders. Original zip binder is for personal coupons, inside I have my flyers for price matching, scissors, pen and calculator. I still use my original accordian file when shopping as it holds all the coupons I plan to use that shopping trip and my personal binder comes along in case for back up.

Now my trading zip binder stays home all the time because its a beast. Thing weighs like 20lbs. Its much bigger then my personal zip and it doesn't even include the mass amounts of inserts I have!!!

I love my system now and have been using it like this since September. I don't see it changing anytime soon. Maybe I will take pictures at a later date for you all
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

hey
    its a great thread
    esp for people like me...who want to be organized but then...oh im soo lazy kinda person
    i will also appreciate any pictures, if any one can post of their binders
    n what place is the best to buy THE CHEAPEST from
    or any diy project will also work...
    suggestions...suggestions....suggestions
    anyone!!!
    niro_anan likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361892690.819391.jpg
Views: 1740
Size:  31.8 KB
    I use a small photo album. 200 pockets I believe. I bought it at the dollar store for one dollar. I added masking tape tabs. I have fairly broad groupings. I order my coupons with the most relevant or most used first in each category. The coupons I plan to trade or won't use are at the back of each category.

I keep two pockets at the front to organize current trades. I keep a few pockets at the back for specific store promotions. I like the small photo album because it's small enough to take with me but big enough for a good amount of coupons. I've had it for about six months I'll probably have to replace it within another six months as the pockets are tearing. So I would say it's lifespan is a year.

The time Im able to devote to couponing makes it a hobby for me. Having a slightly smaller master book Provides boundaries for the amount of coupons and time I'm allowed to spend towards couponing as well which I personally need.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Granger; Tue, Feb 26th, 2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: attempt to edit photos
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

What no other pictures!!! I have been stalking this thread all day in hopes of seeing more. Tapatalk users, take out your phone or iPad and take a picture for me. It takes 20 sec AND I know your coupon binders and organizers are right beside you because you are on the site!!! Pretty please?

With a cherry on top?
    -Hermione Granger

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought one of the coupon organizers from this site. It's awesome! I was a complete mess beforehand, now I can find what I need. She hand makes them and mails them to you. Price is great too.
    www.glowgirlfibers.com
    Granger likes this.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I used to have a BIG binder like most of you have, but I found it wasn't for me. The weight was causing shoulder pain and it was very inconvenient to lug around. Plus I'm small-myself and the binder was disproportionally huge!
    I then tried one of Glow Girl Fibers' coupon organizers. It was really handy for a while and super cute! One day though, I was sitting with it on my lap and reached over for something, the whole thing fell on the floor. Coupons EVERYWHERE. Took me hours to reorganize everything.
    NOW ladies and gents (drum roll), I believe I've found the perfect solution for ME and I doubt I'll be going back! I use a small binder (from Staples). It holds less coupons per page, but I can fit it in my purse! I have tabs for different section and keep scissors and post-its in the front pocket (you never know when you'll need post-its!).

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 1679
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 1698
Size:  34.6 KB

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MTLcouponer View Post
    I used to have a BIG binder like most of you have, but I found it wasn't for me. The weight was causing shoulder pain and it was very inconvenient to lug around. Plus I'm small-myself and the binder was disproportionally huge!
    I then tried one of Glow Girl Fibers' coupon organizers. It was really handy for a while and super cute! One day though, I was sitting with it on my lap and reached over for something, the whole thing fell on the floor. Coupons EVERYWHERE. Took me hours to reorganize everything.
    NOW ladies and gents (drum roll), I believe I've found the perfect solution for ME and I doubt I'll be going back! I use a small binder (from Staples). It holds less coupons per page, but I can fit it in my purse! I have tabs for different section and keep scissors and post-its in the front pocket (you never know when you'll need post-its!).

Ooooohh. Aaaaahhh. Love it.
    niro_anan likes this.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

^^^ nice! I love it!

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MTLcouponer View Post

Oh wow!!! I really love it Think I might go look for one like this myself! Do the clear pages inside come with it? Is it very expensive? Thanks in advance...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I don't have a huge collection of coupons.
    I started with some dollar store photo albums which worked great.
    I upgraded to the glowgirl coupon holder but I was nervous about dropping it and having the coupons go flying as the poster earlier experienced. I loved the holder though so I adapted it. I found an accordian coupon holder that matched it (from Dollar tree)and used that to hold all my food coupons. I kept one of my dollar store photo albums for my health and beauty items and the other photo album, I cut the sleeves and used them as coupon pouches to keep large coupons or to organize the overflow. I find this is working well for me especially as I didn't want to spend much more on another upgrade.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    niro_anan, Silk, Angela273 and 9 others like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Wow I love the suggestions! The glow girl comes with an accordian filling system?? Also I think I might have foung MY new coupon folder . Cant wait to purchase it and stuff it with coupon!!
    julesie-pie and sdddmd like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information