Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By VeeVee

Thread: Plus-sized clothing, summer 2012

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Expired
    What I have needed to add to my summer clothes this year is mostly tops and tanks. I'd love to add shorts, but just can't find what I want at all. I have shorts so old the elastic is totally gone, and really hard to replace because it's the stitched-in kind with four or five rows of stitching over the elastic. I've tried with a few pairs to just pull out all the stitching and make a casing for regular elastic, but it's just not the same...

However, I must say I'm pleased with tops and tanks I've gotten from Pennington's so far. First I bought some from a BOGO sale they had about a month ago, and then from 30% off clearance.
    Now, most wouldn't win any beauty contests - most are solid colours (but at least they are bright! I love colour!).

The BIGGEST difference with these tops is that they are LONG - YAY! I have a long torso, so tops usually skim over the top of my belly, then once they shrink, oy!
    So far the ones I've gotten go right over the belly and bum with fabric to spare - but yet aren't baggy. It makes SUCH a difference in how I look wearing them!
    Now if there were just more boob to fill in the top part - gah, a problem with tanks especially because they gape at the underarms.

They are all for just wearing around home; I just got really sick of wearing very old tops that - yes, some are 20 years old - are holey, shrunken, ugly...

Some examples of those which I got - many aren't online, they're sold out

-the saffron is an awesome colour, the stitched detailing is nice
    http://www.1-plus.com/Relaxed-embroi...ice%20low-high

http://www.1-plus.com/Relaxed-croche...T-Shirts-Tanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Addition Elle
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Jun 11th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Kitty77 and Crochetlady like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

For anyone who has ordered from torrid dot com, I see they ship USPS - is that good or not? I always forget which is the one to 'not' go with...
    I'm wondering about duties/customs.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Has anyone ordered from here - they say they ship internationally, but I have the same concerns as above.
    However, they have awesome choices here - especially would love to get items from Roaman's

http://www.onestopplus.com/Plus-Size-Dresses.aspx?DeptId=11583

Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Jun 11th, 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sorry, I couldn't add to the previous post. Just went to the Roaman's site and they now ship to Canada, they didn't used to. Gosh it's tempting, but I'm kinda scared to order online. At least if I order online here from Pennington's, I can return it to the store here easily.

http://www.roamans.com/

They have SO many awesome pieces and prices....
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i think there would be lots of apparel websites specialize in the plus size clothing. I don't purchase from the sites you refered to, but having experienced from both Kohl's and Old Navy. The former one is free shipping over $75 purchase, and the latter one would over $50.

Any experience you could share??

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Natalka those are nice tops...I like the tank..great layering piece for work!

Ive never ordered clothes from the US for myself...I also wonder about the duties etc
    Natalka likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is not so hard to find plus size clothes in these days because there are so many of online clothing store available that provide all range and size clothes with cheap price. If you want to buy plus size clothes than you have to use online shopping site for buying plus size clothes and getting good discount.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Sorry, I couldn't add to the previous post. Just went to the Roaman's site and they now ship to Canada, they didn't used to. Gosh it's tempting, but I'm kinda scared to order online. At least if I order online here from Pennington's, I can return it to the store here easily.

http://www.roamans.com/

They have SO many awesome pieces and prices....
    I`ve never seen this site before. They have a lot of nice tops....so tempting. But I really don`t need any new clothes again this year. I`ve bought quite a few from Addition Elle on line but find a lot of their tops are shorter. I like them long too.

Thread Information