User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was at the South Surrey SuperWalmart today and ran into a small coupon issue.

I had picked up one $2 Nexxus shampoo and was going to use the $3 coupon with it. My cashier called another cashier over and asked her what to do with it. Cashier #2 said "it is trial size which you can't use that coupon on and you cannot use a coupon worth more than the product". I politely said that the coupon didn't specify it couldn't be used on a trial size. She didn't acknowledge that and then said the coupon is worth too much.

I didn't argue, simply said I wouldn't take the shampoo today. Guess I should print out the policy.

Anyone else had an issue at South Surrey's Walmart?

The cashier also wrote a few things on every single coupon (I had used about 10 different ones). I didn't really watch her do it as I was there with my toddler but it sure slowed things down!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart
    Last edited by amoureux; Tue, May 24th, 2011 at 02:04 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I find the occasional cashier at SS Walmart is not up to speed. However 90% of the time that Particular Walmart is great with coupons. If you encounter this again it may be efffective to ask if she could please check with her supervisor. I have received overages at South Surrey Walmartm although I do not use that policy excessively

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had problems with the south surrey walmart before, in fact I am taking a break from that location because I tried to buy some of the dove moisturizers and was told there was a limit of 1 per person, it was not posted anywhere. I left all my items on the conveyor belt and walked out, the night before that I had problems using 3 of the ziplock coupons, had to explain to the manager that I knew the policy. Another cashier new the policy better than the Manager and told my cashier she should take a copy on her break an learn it inside and out.

The most of the cashiers are great but the store is inconsistent with its policy following

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good to know they are generally good at that location. It is only the third or fourth time I have used coupons there. I just hope they don't all start writing a novel on every coupon the way my cashier did today....

The irony is I didn't care at all about the overage -- I just wanted the small size bottle of shampoo to travel with! She could have adjusted it down for all I cared. Guess I'll get one next time I go to RCSS.

At least we got everything else we needed!

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

I have occasionally had issues at that location, but the CSMs are familiar with me, so when the cashier calls one over, it's no problem.

Months ago, it was alot tougher, and one CSM was quite short (all the time). I do shop there regularly, and always coupon, and now she knows who I am!

I sometimes use overages, and one time that previously grumpy CSM, pulled me out of a line, and opened a till just for me! Now when she is called over, she actually has said "oh it's you!" (could have been taken rudely, but no) she then took a quick glance at the coupons, and said to the cashier "those are all fine, you don't have to worry, she knows what she's doing" (meaning me lol)

She has also chatted with me about demanding couponers, overage abuse, and other coupon misuse.

I guess the point of my looong story, is that I find SS Walmart to be great with me, but like many relationships, it could take time to establish trust lol. Well worth it in my opinion, especially when "the T.V. show" has brought out so many people trying to emulate, and cashiers just really want to follow rules, and not get in trouble.

Good luck!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I was at this Walmart last night to use up some of my expiring P & G coupons. I had 5 of one particular coupon and the cashier would accept only 4 -- which is just fine by me, I hadn't even thought about the limit. She took a long time to put the coupons through and told me she had been 'written up' last week for taking more than 4 'like' P&G's in one transaction. Her CS manager was nervous about taking the coupons because there was a bit of overage involved but everything worked out fine in the end. The line-up behind me got antsy but I just didn't look in that direction!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Langley walmart is about 25 minutes away and in the middle of renovations, but they have been way more polite while couponing than the SS WM has! If you go early enough, you have to deal with the monsoon of people and get your shopping done quick and easy! Just a tip

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

Well, my shopping at SS WM has gotten worse and worse over just the past couple weeks!

One CSM her name ir Anura, or something close, seems to think that we cannot PM, and use a coupon. The first time, I called WM head office, and was told of course she was wrong, took my number, said she would contact the manager, and someone would call me back.

5 days later, no phone call, but I had hoped they had at least worked it out with the store. At the very least, with that particular CSM. Nope. I tried to PM a taco kit, and use a $1 off coupon. I was also buying a taco seasoning, and that was it, so 2 items. I went to the express lines, just in case I had issues, and sure enough, the cashier had to call the CSM, and it was the same woman as last time!

She practically yelled at me, saying "I told you last time! You are not allowed to pm and use a coupon!" I explained I had called, and confirmed that not to be the case, and was hoping they had gotten back to her, but she got even more mad at that!

I am a very polite person, and have worked in customer service for years, so it takes alot to ruffle my feathers, but this is geting rediculous!

I called back a second time, the new person of course confirming the same (yes pm'ing and a coupon is allowed). She then put me through to the first woman I talked to, who was not available, and I left a message. This was Friday, so if noone has called by Monday (8 days after the original phone call), I will call once again.

I really don't feel it's the cashiers' faults, or even the CSM's as their instructions must come from management no?

The trial size thing is fine, I was able to buy some shave foam a while ago for 100 donation baggies, so I really don't care to see any more. I just wish they would be as constistent as ALL other Walmarts.

Also, no B&W printables. They consider this a "photocopy". I have never used one, but she showed me the memo, when trying to show me the "rule" about no pm'ing and coupon. (it didn't exsist btw).

Ok, done now lol. Hope they straighten this out!
    Last edited by guccigoo22; Sun, Jun 5th, 2011 at 03:03 PM.

Junior Canuck ObsessiveCouponDisorder's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I've had "Anura" before at that location. She is so very frustrating. I now choose another line if I see her working. Honestly - the time it takes her to process your order is pathetic. Learned that the hard way with a tub of ice cream melting away while she rung me through.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had a coupon trip from hell today at SS WM and as mentioned in another post - Langley SoF. It was not my day at WM today though that's for sure. They're all doing limit one per purchase over there now. I was trying to use up my ziploc coupons (after my horrible SOF on 64 and 202 experience re: 1 coupon per purchase just 15 minutes before - I though WM SS would take them like they did last week) and they had to ring each b2g2 ziploc coupon in separately - then I paid - separately - then I paid etc etc. This totaled to 4 transactions sofar and she forgot 2 and lost one of my marinade coupons so I only got one marinade at $3 off and by this time there were about 8 ppl behind me and I had more individual transactions to go for minute rice, stoeffers and pledge. Omg. I felt so bad and embarrassed that all these ppl were waiting on me that I said to the cashier "look - I know it's not your fault but you guys all of a sudden changed your coupon policy at what seems to be just at this location and it's totally inconvenient and oblivious to make all these people wait for you guys to ring in each item with the coupon individually and have us pay after each item! I said - I'm leaving this stuff behind now - you're clearly very busy tonight and I think we've made these people wait long enough" I turned around and apologized to the 8 people behind me and left because it was a stupid reason for them to be standing there waiting. That's when I went to SS SOF and had the best - fastest trip ever!
    I wonder if stores realize that they could lose money by making our shopping trips so miserable. I think I'm going to forget about the SS WM and stick with stacking at LD or SOF.
    Can anyone else suggest convenient places to shop that are relatively stress free?
    I really don't have a thick skin and get stressed out easily! I just need a chill place to shop with my coupons!

Thread Information