User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: COSTCO - Prescription Eyeglasses (Frames + Lens) - GREAT PRICE!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just got some prescription eyeglasses made from Costco. My prescription is REALLY high and most places were saying that lenses alone would cost me over $300. Costco charged me $150 for lenses with UV protection, anti-glare, anti-scratch, polycarbonate ect. index 1.67 (all the stuff that goes with lenses - not too sure on the exact wording). BUT, you also need to get a frame from them. Their frames range from around $40 to upwards of $300. My total came to just under $300 and I got some frames from Armani. I think that's an excellent deal considering my lenses were costing me $300-$400 where ever else I asked. If you're in the market for some eyeglasses, I would check out your local Costco. I got my glasses in 7 days. They came in a nice fancy case as well
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    gourmetsue and FrugalNotCheap like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Costco is awesome for glasses. We got DH's there a couple of years ago and paid $400 for them with the transition lenses. We've been back loads of times to have them adjusted and they are happy to do it for free.
    Baggravation likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Costco is awesome for glasses. We got DH's there a couple of years ago and paid $400 for them with the transition lenses. We've been back loads of times to have them adjusted and they are happy to do it for free.
    Costco is AWESOME about adjusting glasses and what not even if you bought them ages ago! I remember I bought a pair from Walmart one time and after a year they wanted me to pay to get them adjusted :/ I was really shocked! I ended up going to Costco and they adjusted my Walmart glasses for free LOL! I've always bought my glasses from Costco except for the one time I went to Walmart - BIG mistake!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My husband ordered his on line from China. For progressive lenses the total cost including delivery was $38.85. He says they are excellent.

zennioptical.com . It takes about 2-3 weeks to receive them.

QUOTE=Baggravation;5303266]Costco is AWESOME about adjusting glasses and what not even if you bought them ages ago! I remember I bought a pair from Walmart one time and after a year they wanted me to pay to get them adjusted :/ I was really shocked! I ended up going to Costco and they adjusted my Walmart glasses for free LOL! I've always bought my glasses from Costco except for the one time I went to Walmart - BIG mistake![/QUOTE]

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ive gotten my last couple pairs from clearly contacts.....$67 all in including shipping and i have a very high prescription! but for adjustments i would have to go to an optician. they're usually happy to adjust for about $10. still not a bad deal imo!

but....i did have to know my details, the size of the frame and the prescription. i took the frame size off an older pair. and opticians around town were quoting me *gasp* $800 for a pair. should have gone to costco then!
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Sun, Mar 3rd, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got my kids glasses there a couple years ago. They are way cheaper there and the quality is amazing!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was going to order from ClearlyContacts but I was too scared :$ What if I didn't end up liking the frame? The price difference between ClearlyContacts and Costco was only an additional $30 so I thought I would go with Costco.

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

so you know how much they charge to check your eyes. i know for sure i need glasses but have not been to an eye doctor in years
    FrugalNotCheap likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by windowwendy View Post
    so you know how much they charge to check your eyes. i know for sure i need glasses but have not been to an eye doctor in years
    Sorry, Wendy. I actually got my eyes checked @ Walmart. I think it was around $70 but I'm not 100% sure. I usually get my eye exam from Walmart because it's the cheapest place I've found thus far. I didn't ask Costco how much they charged. I know some places give you a free eye exam if you buy glasses from them so it would be beneficial to ask.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They charge $75 at my local Costco Whrshe. I would assume its either the same or around that at other locations as well. Anyone answering the phone at the Optical Dept should be able to give you an idea of how much it might cost you.

Quote Originally Posted by windowwendy View Post
    Baggravation likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Anyone buy contact lenses from Costco?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't you have to get your prescription from Costco in order your contacts there? I'm sure I went in about a year ago and couldn't purchase the contacts as I had a prescription from an optometrist in my home town. Costco is about a 1.5 hr drive for me so I wouldn't normally make eye appts there although I do shop for groceries on an irregular basis.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just picked up a pair of glasses from Costco for $229. These included Coach frames. So cute and so inexpensive. My insurance covers $200 so I'm only out of pocket $29. Works for me. Best of all. I CAN SEE!
    Baggravation likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

http://www.zennioptical.com/
    Always buy my glasses here from little as 6.95 for full prescription glasses <3 I have multiple pairs. Don't see any point in buying $300 glasses when you can get a pair for 6.95 which includes the prescription....
    Last edited by Zandraina; Wed, Mar 6th, 2013 at 03:11 AM. Reason: added more
    SFARAZ likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zandraina View Post
    http://www.zennioptical.com/
    Always buy my glasses here from little as 6.95 for full prescription glasses <3 I have multiple pairs. Don't see any point in buying $300 glasses when you can get a pair for 6.95 which includes the prescription....
    I find it difficult to purchase things like glasses online in case I don't end up liking the frame. I also feel more comfortable going to a reputable store to get anything related to my health (ex. glasses, medicine ect.). I just feel more comfortable that way. As I mentioned above, my prescription is VERY high so my eyes are something that really concerns me. Maybe if my prescription wasn't so horrible, I would be more inclined to purchase online + I bet it would be a whole lot cheaper!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information