User Tag List

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Planted a few of my pots tonight. Overnight lows will be above 10C from now on. 5 days or rain ahead though starting Friday.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silentbob1 View Post
    I also grow cherry trees as well , and they produce the sweetest cherries I have ever tried
    What type are they Bob ? How much is the approximate yield per tree?
    I am thinking of planting Mulberry this year....any tips anyone...
    I planted 2 blueberry bushes last year, expecting some yield next year
    @ Patty ...I had some self-seeded Periwinkle and Salvia growing indoors all winter, planted a few outside ,since they are still small, inverted empty pots on them overnight.
    Past couple of yrs. I have been modifying my "evergreen" yard one at a time , this yr. all my babies are showing great promise already...rose, Clematis, Shasta Daisy , DayLillies...I am already super excited.

Can I still purchase Tulip/ Daffodil bulbs and plant them for next Spring or will they waste away , and Fall is the best time
    http://www.clixsense.com/?4532002
    CLIXSENSE : made $850 in just one year

swagbucks.com/refer/donnaGontario
    SWAGBUCKS : earned $1450 so far

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Donna don't plant tulips or fall bulbs now, anyhoo you won't find any although if you have some planted you can dig them up and split them if they had any "babies".

Now is the time to plant gladiola bulbs love them.

Does anyone plant grape hyacinthes right in their lawn? I have seen people do that and was thinking about it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

You lucky people who can plant already! Gone are the years when we were able to plant Victoria Day weekend! Hopefully by mid-June?

Our nights are still too cold, so I'm not even getting annuals or baskets yet because it's a pain to haul the flats in the house every night.

But I look forward to reading this thread to see what everyone else is up to!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    You lucky people who can plant already! Gone are the years when we were able to plant Victoria Day weekend! Hopefully by mid-June?

Our nights are still too cold, so I'm not even getting annuals or baskets yet because it's a pain to haul the flats in the house every night.

But I look forward to reading this thread to see what everyone else is up to!

Natalka it's still coolish here at nigfht but since it won't go below 10 at night for the long range forecast I decided to chacne it and plant a few pots although the gorund itself is too cool yet.

I am also hauling the flats in and out at night but i wanted to get the best choice lol, Costco has nice plants but a bit expensive. I like them though becasue all the flats are in individual cells so no root damage. Here they are $9.99 for 24 plants.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I picked up 3 raspberry plants from a freecycler today!! They're far from being bushes...anyone know how long it'll take before it'll start popping out berries? Is it one of those wait a year, two years etc before you can harvest plants?
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

janetta -- you'll most likely get berries this year. just be warned -- raspberry plants SPREAD like crazy!!!!! so when you plant, be prepared to see many more plants sprout up in that area next year.

I got everything planted at my place over the weekend!! there are SO many photos, so if you're interested check it out here! http://startingoutfit.wordpress.com/...garden-week-1/ I plan on making a weekly progress post on my blog.
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lua View Post
    janetta -- you'll most likely get berries this year. just be warned -- raspberry plants SPREAD like crazy!!!!! so when you plant, be prepared to see many more plants sprout up in that area next year.

I got everything planted at my place over the weekend!! there are SO many photos, so if you're interested check it out here! http://startingoutfit.wordpress.com/...garden-week-1/ I plan on making a weekly progress post on my blog.
    lol So I have heard! That's why the lady off freecyle was giving them away- the brush sent out runners..everywhere! I can't wait :D I'll be giving away plants too if they start taking over my garden.

PS. your garden looks fabulous! I'm setting everything outside tomorrow.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i have seeds i haven't thrown in the ground yet. i am laaaazy this yr with the gardening.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

anybody have any good suggestions for edible plants that you can grow from a condo balcony? I tried some bok choi last year that turned out pretty well and I'm looking to expand my garden in the sky. Any suggestions?

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aaaa View Post
    anybody have any good suggestions for edible plants that you can grow from a condo balcony? I tried some bok choi last year that turned out pretty well and I'm looking to expand my garden in the sky. Any suggestions?
    Oh you can do so much on a balcony! tomatoes do really well in pots, as to cucumbers, peas, peppers, herbs, lettuce, etc... just google gardening in pots and you'll get so many hits!
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

still too cold here...my lilies aren't even coming.they did this time last year..may be the weeds growing in my bed...grrrr...anyone tried weed b gone?

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Hey Lua , chkd out your pics., great job , keep us updated on your progress

Janetta , raspberries are both the greatest and the worst at the same time , I love them , but they totally took over my previous yard , including the grassy areas....infact I never planted them , they migrated from the neighbors yard ....under concrete patio stones and the fence

Today is a sad day for me , the city chopped down the huge Ash tree in front of my property since it had become unsafe....split right down the middle , it was almost 25 -30 yrs. old , the largest canopy on the street
    http://www.clixsense.com/?4532002
    CLIXSENSE : made $850 in just one year

swagbucks.com/refer/donnaGontario
    SWAGBUCKS : earned $1450 so far

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have had raspberrries for years and it is easy enough to keep them under control I think.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveFreeebies View Post
    I have had raspberrries for years and it is easy enough to keep them under control I think.
    any good tips?

i was tempted to get a raspberry bush (well stump actually) but then didn't because i thought the squirrels or birds might eat them.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information