User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Have you done your taxes yet?

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

No...still procrastinating.
    Natalka, walkonby and i_forget like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

ours done and just received the refund last week, which is going back to our savings, used same amount to purchased RRSP.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just did my tax return using Studio Tax. Easy Peasy. Fill in a few lines and it does the rest. Dont even have to do the Provincial and Federal Schedules, it fills them in based on the info you provide.
    ($6400.00 refund - very large RRSP contribution this year)
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Still waiting on a t4 from my seasonal job...I give up...Just going to do my taxes when I go home for the Easter long weekend and get my dad to help me and use my ROE instead of a t4...It will be overstated by a few days of pay, but I guess better than not claiming it...Hopefully I have a decent refund because of school and everything so I can use the money towards first and last rent on a new place in a few months time.
    walkonby likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

we both received our refunds on monday
    electric_viking and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    we both received our refunds on monday
    you're buying coffee this morning
    GoJays likes this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got my refund yesterday! Time to buy a new TV
    Zonny likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Okay so I tried to do my refund online but I can't find half the forms to fill out! I give up and am just mailing the freaking paper return. There is no place for me to input other income from doing photo shoots and tv/movies, and there was another form missing that I needed to fill out, plus it wanted me to defer my tuition payments which I never do. I figured it out on paper and come up with $800+ refund, when I tried to do it online with all the missing forms and stuff it said I only got like $100 back since it wouldn't let me fill out the other forms. I give up! Until they make filing taxes online easier to follow for people that have slightly more difficult forms I won't be switching to online. Spent two frustrating hours trying to track down the missing spots to no avail.

On a positive note the taxes are done! (minus my one missing t4 but dad told me if I ever receive the damn thing to just do an amendment since I only made around $1000 the three weeks I worked.)
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Okay so I tried to do my refund online but I can't find half the forms to fill out! I give up and am just mailing the freaking paper return. There is no place for me to input other income from doing photo shoots and tv/movies, and there was another form missing that I needed to fill out, plus it wanted me to defer my tuition payments which I never do. I figured it out on paper and come up with $800+ refund, when I tried to do it online with all the missing forms and stuff it said I only got like $100 back since it wouldn't let me fill out the other forms. I give up! Until they make filing taxes online easier to follow for people that have slightly more difficult forms I won't be switching to online. Spent two frustrating hours trying to track down the missing spots to no avail.

On a positive note the taxes are done! (minus my one missing t4 but dad told me if I ever receive the damn thing to just do an amendment since I only made around $1000 the three weeks I worked.)
    What are you using online? I use quick tax and have several odd forms and I have no problems with it.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    What are you using online? I use quick tax and have several odd forms and I have no problems with it.
    I was doing it with studio tax. It didn't give me any option other than deferring my tuition either but yet I get a better refund if I claim it this year...I definitely couldn't figure it out. I'm just going to be old fashioned and mail it...May take longer but at least I am able to claim my "other" income and send in all the other forms I had to do extra that I couldn't get studio tax to give me.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

The best one is ufile (for me). I always do my taxes on each software (I'm weird I know) just to see which one gives me the highest return. Ufile always does. I also always defer my tuition. I'm sure I would get a big refund if I didn't but I'm waiting for when I end up owing taxes to use my tuition amount. (I have about 15K saved up in provincial credits, and 15K in fed. credits at this point).

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    The best one is ufile (for me). I always do my taxes on each software (I'm weird I know) just to see which one gives me the highest return. Ufile always does. I also always defer my tuition. I'm sure I would get a big refund if I didn't but I'm waiting for when I end up owing taxes to use my tuition amount. (I have about 15K saved up in provincial credits, and 15K in fed. credits at this point).
    what does defering your tuition mean?

I finally did my taxes over the weekend, got a small refund back. Around what I expected since I don't make much currently and I told my employers to deduct the least possible income tax so I'm not giving the govt a free loan

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

It's basically just an option to use your tuition tax credit at a later day. You know how it asks you for your T2202 from your college, the money you paid for tuition is tax deductible, but depending on how much you make it may not make a difference if your income is low. You can save your credit (I'm not sure how many years) until you are in a position where you owe.
    amandabananda likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well I did my tax return finally! No refund this year, but I am setting myself up for two very, very nice tax refund (>10k per year) over the next two years... yay loads of tuition tax credits and other big credits (NS has a graduate retention program that is $2500/year for university or $1250/year for college graduates for six years if you stay in NS)
    smileyKT likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We did our taxes already but we won't be submitting until the middle of April because we own money this year. lol.
    Alberta Auto, Home, Business and Travel Insurance Broker
    http://www.1upinsurance.com/

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information