User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zonny

Thread: Summer holiday Ideas

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello All,

Now that 2 months break is approaching, i was trying to collect some thoughts of what to do with the kids in the summer holidays. My kids are 2 years apart (2 DDs) so I would like to do something together with them as a family, or both of them can go together in an activity etc.

Please share some ideas as to what is the best possible planning for the summer break.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Welcome to SC!

Are your kids school-age? We have one DS who is nearly seven and we both work, so no two month break for us. But we're also thinking about what our DS can do for the summer.

He can go to summer camp at the same place he goes before/after school which is OK, they have outings to different things (some of which cost extra), or they stay put and have activities there. In the past we've put him into the local recreation facility for a week or two for something different (they have daily swimming and activities in the gym, go out and about outside when weather permits). Our city (Halifax) has a recreation department with summer camps with various themes. And lastly, we have universities that have recreation camps for the summer, stuff like basketball camp, etc. Discovery Centre does summer camps too I think.
    Last edited by Zonny; Tue, Mar 5th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.
    [email protected] likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Welcome to the forum.
    Were you going to be with the children during the two months?

A former coworker would take his vacation and spend with his daughter. He would scope out all the free or nearly free things to do in his city and go to one event per day. He also used the library for all their programs, borrowed a lot of books and DVDs. He also used the recreation department for all the free or nearly free programs.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks guys for the fast replies there. Yep I am SAHM so will likely be around them all summer

Some good options there ... I will summarize so others can possible benefit

1. Neighbourhood recreation centers (I should look at the program choices on offer to compile a structure)

2. Discovery centers ( Gotta find out about that for Vancouver area .. any leads anyone?)

3. Event-A-Day ( Perhaps I will start to compile a list of these in the local area. Don't know if I can manage that all days but perhaps 2-to-3-days-a-week may be a good start)

Keep more ideas coming.. Thanks again.

Thread Information