User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jezz
  • 2 Post By mizadkhah
  • 1 Post By oscarandme
  • 1 Post By addismom

Thread: Walmart Coupon changing to limit of 3 coupons for 3 products???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Since I was in the Lougheed Mall area in Burnaby, this week, I went to the Walmart twice & was informed by different cashiers that the new store policy since the beginning of the month had changed. Since there is a roll-back on the travel sizes for Tresemme shampoo & conditioners, Colgate Total Advance toothpaste & the POM Juice (BTW, all items were $1. each) I had wanted to buy about 9 or 10 of each (except only 3 juice) & use my $1. off coupons. When I went to pay for my items, I was informed that the store had a new coupon policy & I was only able to use 3 coupons for each of the items. I was lucky enough to convince the cashiers that the shampoo & conditioners were different items & managed to use the coupons on both of these products, thus 3 shampoos, 3 conditioners, 3 juice & 3 toothpaste & used a total of 12 coupons. Has anybody else had this issue or perhaps it was just this particular store? I have yet to go to the Vancouver store to see what that store coupon policy is. On the second trip, I had a little more time & just went through the cash registers twice as I didn't want to waste any more gas & time to go there as I needed to get my gift baskets ready.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

I think some limits were added by the store. Keep in mind each store has the rights to not only limit coupons, but also limit amount of products you buy. I was at one of the Walmart a week ago, that store cashier said 6 coupons per one type is the limit, which of course I never heard of. I asked her to check, and the CSM drop by and saying there is no such a limit.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

3 coupons for 3 products. does that means limit of 1 coupon for 1 product or 3 coupons for 1 products , up to a maximum of 9 coupons for 3 products ?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mine limits to 6 of each too
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I don't usually buy a tonne all at once so haven't hit the "limit" yet....but I do go back multiple times!! I once asked our store manager about any number limits and he said they are allowed store to store to limit the number of items purchased but in his opinion as long as there is lots of stock and the store is making the money back on coupons...it's all fair game!

J
    sarah_300c likes this.

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jezz View Post
    I once asked our store manager about any number limits and he said they are allowed store to store to limit the number of items purchased but in his opinion as long as there is lots of stock and the store is making the money back on coupons...it's all fair game!

J
    I think that is exactly how it should be.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I just phoned the Port Coquitlam WalMart & checked with the Customer Service Supervisor. Told her about the possible Burnaby policy change - she checked & came back to tell me she had never heard of this & that the PoCo store still doesn't have any limits.

Good news!!!!!!
    You can call me NannerPuss

"I like pancakes"

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Saving Moola View Post
    Since I was in the Lougheed Mall area in Burnaby, this week, I went to the Walmart twice & was informed by different cashiers that the new store policy since the beginning of the month had changed. Since there is a roll-back on the travel sizes for Tresemme shampoo & conditioners, Colgate Total Advance toothpaste & the POM Juice (BTW, all items were $1. each) I had wanted to buy about 9 or 10 of each (except only 3 juice) & use my $1. off coupons. When I went to pay for my items, I was informed that the store had a new coupon policy & I was only able to use 3 coupons for each of the items. I was lucky enough to convince the cashiers that the shampoo & conditioners were different items & managed to use the coupons on both of these products, thus 3 shampoos, 3 conditioners, 3 juice & 3 toothpaste & used a total of 12 coupons. Has anybody else had this issue or perhaps it was just this particular store? I have yet to go to the Vancouver store to see what that store coupon policy is. On the second trip, I had a little more time & just went through the cash registers twice as I didn't want to waste any more gas & time to go there as I needed to get my gift baskets ready.
    yes I was informed of this at the burnaby store as well. seems like they changed their policy maybe about a week or so ago about only allowing 3 coupons. i was trying to get some zantac and had about 10 coupons, but she said they changed it and would only allow 3 to go through. Not sure about the Vancouver store.

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Mine limits to 6 of each too
    Quote Originally Posted by jlh View Post
    I think some limits were added by the store. Keep in mind each store has the rights to not only limit coupons, but also limit amount of products you buy. I was at one of the Walmart a week ago, that store cashier said 6 coupons per one type is the limit, which of course I never heard of. I asked her to check, and the CSM drop by and saying there is no such a limit.
    My local walmart is 6 as well
    Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?
    I want to trade with you!
    Check my trade thread
    HERE

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I haven't seen it here in Ottawa yet but watch when I go tomorow after reading this post. Thanks for the heads up Saving Moula.

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Zantac I was only allowed to use 1 coupon. This happened more than once.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Langley Walmart now will only let you use one Zantac coupon per person. I was told someone was returning more then 20 at a time. Any coupon that says one per person is now being limited to one per person

Thread Information