User Tag List

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I am blind..nearly blind...meaning i have astigmatism and i am also near sighted...i have worn contacts for only maybe 5 or so years,just easier in the summer than having to push up my sliding glasses every two seconds.

i just ordered a box of the acuvue oasis contact lenses,as the commercial stated they would be so nice on your eyes and never get dry,as some in the past have.my doctor also prescribed these lenses...

astigmatism contacts have little grooves on them that you have to line up on 12 and 6,just so or else you will get blurry vision and they just won't sit right.i have to say,these lenses so far blow.

i have lined them up correctly,sometimes several times a day,adding more solution as they are indeed getting dry.could be the up and down temperatures around here but i have always in the past popped them in and went about my day,with a mini bottle in my purse just in case.my mini bottle in my purse has been used over 6 times a day everytime i wear these things....

anyone else wear these? i really don't like them,and i have a two month supply now...is it my solution? i am using RENU Multiplus...

i see better with these than my glasses so for computer and otherwise i like to wear them,especially while driving,but i don't know what to do..can't get a refund can i?
    This thread is currently associated with: Acuvue Contact Lenses
    Last edited by TudorChick; Thu, May 26th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I use the Acuvue Oasis, but NOT the ones for Astigmatism.
    I've noticed that they get a bit dry, sometimes..not often, though, better than some others I've tried.
    I also use RENU Multiplus, so I don't think that's it.
    Have you tried the non-Astigmatism ones? Maybe you could get a trial pair..

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i need these apparently,the astigmatism ones...maybe i will get a trial pair and see if it is just these specifically...any idea how i can get one? eye doctor maybe?

~just your average nerd~

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I were them and agree with you. I do not like them. I find they get blurry a lot. Grrrr

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Yeah, go to your eye doctor and tell him you're having issues and would like to try a different brand/type.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have the torque lenses (they are bigger) and I find that if they fold when I put them in it burns...I also find that they dry out easier, but to tell the truth I have never seen better!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wear Oasys, not the astigmatism one and they are fine. My friend tried the Oasys Astigmatism and has the same problem, sit too low. Ended up with the Biofinity Toric and she said they fit perfectly.

Orillia Coupon Newbie
    Trading Score
    146 (100%)

I haven't tried these lenses but I also have terrible vision (nearsighted and astigmatism) and I use the Bausch & Lomb PureVision Toric. I love them and you don't have to worry about lining anything up. They are a monthly disposable lens but my eye doctor has approved me to wear them for a month without having to take them out. So I sleep in them and change them monthly. I do take them out to clean them occasionally but very low maintenance. And I can see when I wake up! Near the end of the month they are dry when I wake up in the morning, but a few drops first thing in the morning and I'm good for the day. Maybe worth looking into.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

YESS I use Bausch & Lomb PureVision Toric. I love them because they're super comfortable and as the poster above me mentioned, you can sleep in them.
    Get a trail pair if you can

PS. I order from Lens.com, I find their prices the best. (plus they price match) If you'd like a referral PM me, I can give you one! --I get 5% commission!

http://www.lens.com/contact-lenses/lens413.asp if you want to read about the lens.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Thread Information