User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Annoyed at No Frills

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I live in Clayton Park and have no car, so it's a bit of a PITA to go shopping there. Sometimes the deals are worth it - when they actually have the stuff in stock! I was there earlier - no Sprite six packs, only about three Cokes, no oranges, no ice cream, etc., etc. Grrr!
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, I am not in your province or your city, but funny enough the same experience at No Frills Townline (Oshawa). More than once. I hope this bad customer service is not across the country at No Frills.
    mulock likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

i pretty much gave up on no frills because they never have what want out of their flyers.
    if they gave rain checks, maybe i'd go, but not worth it otherwise.
    mulock likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Exactly! There is no requirement for them to either have enough stock or give rainchecks, so why bother?
    mulock and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Exactly! There is no requirement for them to either have enough stock or give rainchecks, so why bother?
    Some of the good No Frills, the department manager lets me know that they have been short changed by the supplier and that they would honor the sale for me after the flyer - just bring in the old flyer and see the dept. manager before checking out.

Another good No Frills didn't even get the item in, that was in the flyer. Manager said he had no shelf space but he price adjusted a similar item for me at the sale price, so I would not have made the trip for nothing
    Zonny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Some of the good No Frills, the department manager lets me know that they have been short changed by the supplier and that they would honor the sale for me after the flyer - just bring in the old flyer and see the dept. manager before checking out.

Another good No Frills didn't even get the item in, that was in the flyer. Manager said he had no shelf space but he price adjusted a similar item for me at the sale price, so I would not have made the trip for nothing
    That's how it should be! Good for you for finding a store that provides customer service.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Were you at Spryfield? Or, Dartmouth? Frustrating when you don't have a car. I know.
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think NoFrills, should put a limit of 4 on sale items, so there will be some for all of us. It is really dissapointing when you travel all that way to find the items you were looking for out of stock. I don't shop there much anymore, I price match at Walmart, of course you can't do with for meat and produce items. I am looking forward to Walmarts switching to Supercenters, I should be able to PM more items from the nofrills ad.

Nofrills online flyer does post corrections notices on the top of each page if an advertised item in unavailable from supplier. Good to check that before you go.
    pamplemousse and PammieD like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Islandlakes, I was in Dartmouth, I rarely get to Spryfield. Marste, can you PM with an electronic flyer?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Islandlakes, I was in Dartmouth, I rarely get to Spryfield. Marste, can you PM with an electronic flyer?
    I pm'd an Xbox 360 with Kinect bundle, Sears in Hfx. was out of stock, but the Dart.sears store had stock, didn't want to go over to Dart. Brought the Sears ad to walmart electronic dept., they verified Sears model number and Walmart moldel matched and then price matched sears price. This was the Walmart at Mumford Rd.

I use to be a little shy about PMing at Walmart, not now though, I PM lots of other store ads and then use my coupons too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marste View Post
    I pm'd an Xbox 360 with Kinect bundle, Sears in Hfx. was out of stock, but the Dart.sears store had stock, didn't want to go over to Dart. Brought the Sears ad to walmart electronic dept., they verified Sears model number and Walmart moldel matched and then price matched sears price. This was the Walmart at Mumford Rd.

I use to be a little shy about PMing at Walmart, not now though, I PM lots of other store ads and then use my coupons too.
    But was it a paper flyer or could you just show them on your phone, etc.?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

But was it a paper flyer or could you just show them on your phone, etc.?
    It was a paper flyer, I don't have a phone with photo capabilites. I know they always check the start and end dates on the flyers I have pm'ed with.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Zonny, I know you can print ads from the computer (online item's page, or flyers too). I would call and confirm with the smartphone but it would probably be okay as long as they can see the dates/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marste View Post
    It was a paper flyer, I don't have a phone with photo capabilites. I know they always check the start and end dates on the flyers I have pm'ed with.
    That's what I figured. I don't want to go all the way to Dartmouth to just get a flyer to PM with either!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went there Friday to use a coupon and the place was packed. The cashier lines were blocking the aisles so people couldn't get around the store. I am not surprised they were out of sale items.

The problem is that prices are generally so high here that any time there is a good deal people flock to it like 50 shipwrecked swimmers trying to get into a 20 man lifeboat. We need more grocery store options here. There are plenty of Sobeys' and enough Superstores.

I look at the flyer match ups and see the variety of stores available to other members here and it serves as a reminder that Nova Scotia lacks choice in the grocery market resulting in a higher cost of living than is necessary.
    Last edited by JerryBrian; Mon, Mar 11th, 2013 at 05:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information