User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: My trip to Walmart yesterday and my first brag.

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Out of interest, which location actually accept that? Also, do you still have the reference from Mrs. January? Which city was she shopping at? The Walmarts here usually know me, if I ever give them wrong ones, I will be on their black list. Some stores already try to limit my coupon use, like the SDM, they limit me 4 each type

By the way, I just searched Mrs January's site, here is some comments on Walmart coupon policy:
    B says:
    December 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    Coupon Zone coupons are specifically for superstore is what I’ve been told. I know the walmart in my area does not accept them. Sucks that the cashier was rude to you though.

Here is one quote from a Feb 28th post with reply from Walmart:
    We do not permit coupon stacking (use of more than one) per item.

Really interested to know how many Walmart allowed you to do that and which ones. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    jlh!

Well they take it where I shop. No questions. I don't know but they do. I know the Loblaws onesrecetly tightened their policy but not my WMs here. If they do I will be certain to post change. maybe we can keep each other informed about which province/city they do accept and which store.
    Last edited by jlh; Thu, Mar 14th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Great brag and congratulation on you first one. You have lots of great find there and i am also going today to get some items and specialy some Dental Stick. We also have too dogs, one small one and a germen Sherperd. Again great brag and good deals.....
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

jlh!

To reply to your questions, I'm tempted not to. I passed the "Mrs. January" reference information along because like I mentionned I thought I had read or seen it on her site. I will never do that again. It was a while back.

I know that the cashiers consider it a competitor coupon and the other is a manufacture coupon. Variations between different stores, different chains, accepting photocopies of not I guess vary. I have never had this issue except about 1 month ago DH at Frescho and Food Basics -they did not take the print-outs.

I do not push my luck in quantities, and un-qualifying coupons and I saw it somewhere and tried it and trying to pass it along in hopes that this works for my new friends at SC. If you are not comfortable with this information I suggest do not try, do not share the information and do not risk your reputation with Walmart.

I feel uncomfortable sharing the locations and usually I would have no problem with that but you seem a little agressive about the datas' origin and I really would hate for our Walmarts to stop and I feel a storm coming and I do not want in. I appreciate all the research an thank you for that but they take them here at WM. I can only hope that this saves you and other SCers' a little bit of money. If others can kindly let us know the regions and cities if it works or doesn't. That is all I can write about this.

Hope this answers your multiple questions and happy shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by jlh View Post
    Out of interest, which location actually accept that? Also, do you still have the reference from Mrs. January? Which city was she shopping at? The Walmarts here usually know me, if I ever give them wrong ones, I will be on their black list. Some stores already try to limit my coupon use, like the SDM, they limit me 4 each type

By the way, I just searched Mrs January's site, here is some comments on Walmart coupon policy:
    B says:
    Coupon Zone coupons are specifically for superstore is what I’ve been told. I know the walmart in my area does not accept them. Sucks that the cashier was rude to you though.

Really interested to know how many Walmart allowed you to do that and which ones. Thanks
    Last edited by oscarandme; Thu, Mar 14th, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very nice brag oscarandme! You can be proud of the many deals you got. Oh, how I love when the total for all purchases is so small! Thank you for sharing.
    oscarandme likes this.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

ticul!

Thank you. We love our babies don't we. I hope this works for you too if you have both coupons. Good luck and thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    Great brag and congratulation on you first one. You have lots of great find there and i am also going today to get some items and specialy some Dental Stick. We also have too dogs, one small one and a germen Sherperd. Again great brag and good deals.....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Further to the conversation - Walmart doesn't consider it "Coupon Stacking" - as they accept the competitor's coupon as a price match, not as a coupon, and then the manufacturer's coupon is actually inputted at a coupon. However, this is a big one that is YMMV depending on your walmart...no use worrying about which Walmart across the country does it, just contact your local WM yourself and ask.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

walkinglady!

Thank you for the kind words. I was very happy and I always share the happiness with all posts. It is true and it is touching that we share it with each other like an extended family and I believe we are genuinely happy for one another. I'm thankful for that. Thank you for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by walkinglady View Post
    Very nice brag oscarandme! You can be proud of the many deals you got. Oh, how I love when the total for all purchases is so small! Thank you for sharing.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Skittles 160!

Thank you for clarifying the WM view of the process in question. I really-really appreciate it. I could never have had the knowledge of your "reasoning" explanation. Sounds more professional than my back-door, around the corner, down the street, dead-end explanation. A bazigagilllion thank yous.....I owe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles160 View Post
    Further to the conversation - Walmart doesn't consider it "Coupon Stacking" - as they accept the competitor's coupon as a price match, not as a coupon, and then the manufacturer's coupon is actually inputted at a coupon. However, this is a big one that is YMMV depending on your walmart...no use worrying about which Walmart across the country does it, just contact your local WM yourself and ask.

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Thanks for all responses, I know in the past some were attempted to price match with coupon zone coupon when this version of policy from Walmart just came out. Many consider valid if they could find advertised price from Loblaws company along with coupon zone coupon to match. Even that was not 100% follow Walmart's rule of price match. If cashier enter as manufacture coupon for the coupon zone one, then it is not really price matching though.

I just want to know the proper way it should be handled in store.
    sam786 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

fantastic job on your great bargains! We get some amazing deals by price matching & using coupons but we work for them in my opinion.
    oscarandme likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

jarsperadchar!

Thank you for the kind words. Without a doubt alot of work is involved. That is what I love about Smartcanucks. You/I am not alone at providing for my family. You all have my back too so our family shares our successes because it is like a part-time employment and we are happy for one another with a team cheering you on - on shared savings and relaying information that might be relative to our personal and professional lives. Yesterday I read a tip about a tax credit for being diabetic. Don't ask me where I saw it on which thread but it WAS ON SC-yesterday. That is fantastic information to share-don't you think?. One of many examples and for a break you answer alpha threads and pet stories (my favorite).

So thank you for the kind work and GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

nice brag, like the way you explained all the coupons used and the colors
    oscarandme likes this.

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

elizabethjohn2005!

Thank you for the kind words too bad it didn't balance.

I have to confess. When my totals weren't working out and I didn't have a calculator and I know there is one on my computer....But to take a break I played with the colors. If I attempt another brag, still recovering from this one, I will work on an easier format for everyone to read. I'm a newbie-rookie-weenie at evrything here. Thanks for the comment.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jlh View Post

B says:

yeah i have the same question how you can combine 2 coupons buy one get one free and $5 off on one of the products...i know logically $5.00 is off on the product you are buying plus other coupon can be used for free product...but this is coupon stacking which my walmart or even any other store will not accept.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sam786 View Post
    yeah i have the same question how you can combine 2 coupons buy one get one free and $5 off on one of the products...i know logically $5.00 is off on the product you are buying plus other coupon can be used for free product...but this is coupon stacking which my walmart or even any other store will not accept.
    Not all stores consider this stacking - it's still considered "one coupon per purchase" 'cause you use one coupon on the free item, and the other coupon is for the other product...As always, YMMV but this is not always considered stacking since there is more than one product in play.
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information