User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Friends spamming my FB with their business ventures!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm not one to do much on facebook aside from using it to keep in touch with friends. But we do enjoy freedom of speech, and we also enjoy freedom to not read it. If you don't like it, stop reading, or block that friend's posts.
    Some people might actually welcome receiving that kind of item in their news feed (I can't name anyone myself, though), and we can't please everyone. If someone wants to post about their dinner, that's their prerogative. Let them be proud of what they've done! If you don't care, then just ignore it.
    My point here is that no harm has been done to us, why are we complaining? Adding a friend on facebook is allowing their posts on your news feed.
    suziecharlie likes this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is not about freedom of speech at all.

this is about relationships and maintaining positive and healthy ones.

there is a difference between friendship, and people maintaining a basic relationship with someone because they are trying to make money.

my cousin does reiki massage. She created a new page about her business and keeps it separate from her friendships with everyone. She is considerate enough to realise that not everyone wants to be bombarded with her business and she promotes it positively through her other page and her web page.
    When she started it, she sent everyone a nice personal message telling us what she was doing and invited us to her page at our choice. Not heard anything about it since on her personal page, and I support her business page and I support her. I don't mind hearing about her successes and failures, but I don't want anyone, especially a friend, constantly in my face looking to get me to open my wallet.

The other people are not making separate page for their home based businesses. They are mixing business with pleasure.

How would you feel if your best friend only ever called you because she was having an Avon party or an epicure tasting? Not to go shopping, or to get a coffee?

I think it is rude and taking advantage of a friendship, and I ended up givingone a good piece of my mind about it and she is making a separate page as I type this.....and next Thursday she is buying the coffee.
    Last edited by i_forget; Fri, Mar 15th, 2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i have 3 inlaws blocked from my newsfeed because of their idiotic nonsense. hubby knows and totally agrees with me

the ppl who do not have the common sense to seperate their business venture on FB deserve to be blocked if they are going to ramble on and on about it.
    Last edited by anisa; Fri, Mar 15th, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i had to block my brother from my daughter's FB because of the profanities.
    Ciel and i_forget like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I understand the frustration with being seen as a wallet rather than a friend. However, I don't think that ranting about this friend in a public thread is contributing to maintaining a healthy relationship. I have a hunch she would feel betrayed if she read it.
    Ciel likes this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post
    I understand the frustration with being seen as a wallet rather than a friend. However, I don't think that ranting about this friend in a public thread is contributing to maintaining a healthy relationship. I have a hunch she would feel betrayed if she read it.
    No, she was actually quite receptive to the positive conversation we had and agreed that it was rude of her to constantly be using her friendships to promote her business and neglect her friendships.

Besides, The rant in general was about the entire concept of people doing that, and I used the solution of one person as an example.

She has no reason to feel betrayed, no one does. I only spoke about how I felt about it because it is upsetting when someone you care about neglects you, and instead of internalizing how I felt and not dealing with it I confronted it and dealt with it.

Ranting here about it allows others to see how it made me feel, and maybe give them courage to say something, or of they were doing a similar behaviour to maybe think about how they can change that behaviour in their life or even understand how their actions could impact others.

Now if I had posted her picture, her name and number well I am sure she would feel betrayed, but I did not do that
    anisa, Ciel, Midnightly and 2 others like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Fair enough.
    Jesus saves!

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

If I don't like what someone is posting I either unfriend or i hit te button to hide the person. It's a quick easy fix. People can post what they want on their own facebook and I can choose not to read it.

Also I might be one of the few who like food pictures every now and then lol. Most people are just proud of what they made/created plus it gives me ideas for dinner I like the food network though, so obviously I like looking at food other people make while wishing they would make it for me
    Last edited by SarahS83; Fri, Mar 15th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

to me the OP could be ranting about ANYONE this seems to be a common theme.. we all know one of these types of people on our facebook.. i've had to block a few people's posts from showing up on my facebook feeds.. i get feed from local coupon groups and one person posts a link to her blog of each deal she adds to it.. on ALL the local groups she can do 10 posts a day in every local group (copy paste 5-10 posts a day..the same link into 4+ groups.. ) each one for a different "deal" or coupon she found then she will post it came to a point where my whole feed was just post after post from her (some of which were deals that had expired hours before she posted.. but.. because she found them on some blog she had to post it too!)

i also don't get the whole take photos of your food and post it thing.. i don't care what your eating.. i'm not your nutritionist i don't care how "pretty" it looks

and the games.. ohh how i hate the games.. i don't play farmville, cityville, angry birds and i really wish they would stop asking
    Ciel and i_forget like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Valid points made about how friendships and money should not really mix unless one chooses to do so. Yes, no one likes to be thought of as a friendly ATM for every home party concept to make the rounds in your community. That is on top of all the birthday and other giftgiving occasions that seem to be the only social contacts from some kin and friends...
    i_forget likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information