User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Patty Smyth
  • 1 Post By lecale

Thread: Birth Control Recall

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Ok so I honestly don't know if this is in the right section and I apologize if it is but I thought I'd share it, because I for one would NOT want to be getting pregnant atm - I have enough on my plate with my two beautiful little toddlers and big 29 year old toddler LOL.

I use Alesse and my heart skipped a beat when I read the brand as I thought for a second it was mine

http://www./alysena-canada-recall/ <--- Not sure why the link is not working

Health Canada Link: http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall...26663r-eng.php

Here's the story:

The maker of the birth-control pill Alysena 28 has just issued an urgent product recall after they found out that one lot of their line of contraceptives may have been incorrectly packaged, with two weeks placebo tablets instead of one.
    Women taking these pills would not be receiving the proper amount of hormone medication, which could increase the possibility of an unplanned pregnancy.
    A recall notice was announced this morning by Health Canada, Apotex Inc. who said the product’s 28-day blister packs should include 21 active birth-control pills plus seven placebo tablets that contain no medical ingredients.
    According to Health Canada, the lot number of the affected pack is LF01899A. They may or may not instead contain 14 placebo pills and 14 active contraceptive tablets.
    Alysena 28 is sold in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, P.E.I. and Quebec.
    (it is sold in all provinces except Saskatchewan and Alberta)
    If you or someone you know are taking these pills, you are asked to bring the packs back to your pharmacist and exchange it for a replacement. And to speak with your doctor if you have taken any of the affected pills.
    This thread is currently associated with: Avis Car Rentals
    Last edited by Bronwen; Mon, Apr 8th, 2013 at 09:27 PM.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

EeeeeK!!!
    Bronwen likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:09 PM.
    Bronwen likes this.

Thread Information