• 5 Post By Lynn49
  • 4 Post By i_forget
  • 5 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By i_forget

Thread: Sweating the small stuff increases anxiety

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I am a bit disappointed in this article. I read the headline and hoped for something more, it did not get too involved, but none the less, I hope it helps someone.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/04...sorders-study/

I have found that with my experience with people in my life that those who have a negative outlook and who stress over the little things have a lot more anxiety and do not have as good of a life as those who take it easier, let the little things go and take more time to enjoy life.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by i_forget; Wed, Apr 3rd, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sooo true!!! Thank you for sharing that
    Lynn49, hollyquaiscer and i_forget like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I remember it being a saying at one time " don't sweat the small stuff ", however the new and improved update to that is " it's ALL small stuff " . If we want a blissful, joyfull life, we have to reach for it and work at ignoring that " stuff " that bogs us down.
    Thanks form posting the article i_forget.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was someone who always felt the sky was falling; I worried about everything. It took a long time (a LONG time) to realize that NONE of the things I worried about came true, and the devastating things that did happened never occurred to me to worry about.

Being diligent, planning for set-backs is one thing, obsessing about everything else is another. I'm fortunate that all that stressing out only lead to over-eating and the ensuing complications and nothing more serious than that. Those have been fixed, and if a negative thought comes my way, I mentally shake it off and replace it with an opposite and positive one. I also learned to place loved ones in a protective "bubble" which may or may not provide safety but it's at least a positive approach instead of worrying and stressing.

Stay positive...it can seem impossible at times, but it's an exercise that gets easier with time...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

Stay positive...it can seem impossible at times, but it's an exercise that gets easier with time...
    Thank you for sharing

This is so true.
    People are so bogged down with life and having EVERYTHING and needing everything to be perfect that they lose sight of what is important....and that is living our lives. If living life was not important, then we would not have been born.

I have not had an easy go at life, and have more than my fair share of scars, but I will be damned if I am going to let that stop me. I will have my pity party and then I will move on. It took a long time to get my brain trained to think like that, but anyone can do it. We need to stop living in our pasts, and enjoy our now and dream of our futures.

Think positive, do positive, live positive.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thanks for posting that article. I too have learned the hard way that stress and anxiety only cause problems, more stress and more anxiety. I swore to myself a while back that each and every day I live now, I will find the beautiful and positive things about. Keep focusing on the positive in every situation (which can sometimes be very, very hard to do), and let the stressful things slide away. It's extremely hard, especially when you get 5 or 6 things happen to you all within a very short period of time. I tell myself every day that God will never give me more than he knows I can handle and he is giving me these things for a reason. I am trying to be a better person and to trust myself. I will have a positive day, every day, even in the face of adversity. If we all try our very best, than our day was a success!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

All I can say is.....bless you, Ladies.....
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bless you. You are amazing!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Awwwww...shucks...{{{{{sweeps foot in snow}}}}}...

Truth be told, Hon, like Holly and Walks, we've lived through the very good and the unimaginable bad and have learned that worry neither solves nor prevents the inevitable. Which still doesn't prevent me from suggesting our DD drive carefully every time she drives for her work...thank goodness she's now saying she will, instead of "no, mom...I plan on swerving all over the road." Lol.....she knows me too well..!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Apr 4th, 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Thread Information