User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 162
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Another Canadian Tire Scratch Card Event next weekend - 3 days

  1. #121
    Know what matters...
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,167
    Likes Received
    4733
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Hmm, don't know if I need anything and don't know if I'll have time this weekend. Shopping is taking up too much of my time! lol

    Silk
    niro_anan likes this.
    Have a great life!

  2. #122
    Smart Canuck uanoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,598
    Likes Received
    1720
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)




    And also chance for $10 is 1:30 not 1:20.

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    The odds are a little different than the OP posted, the GC is 1:600,000 not 6000 (as stated on the back of scratchie uploaded)

  3. #123
    catlover scrapyddm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    1,307
    Likes Received
    693
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)




    im passing on this one.... "a chance" to get 5.00 is not worth it IMO
    LIVE SIMPLE and Cocottee00 like this.
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

  4. #124
    Junior Canuck tccl21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    449
    Likes Received
    779
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)



    If the cards are available in-store only, I won't be going. Doubly so if every card is not a winner. "Ain't NOBODY got time fo' dat!"

  5. #125
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    974
    Likes Received
    569
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)



    I will check out the flyer and decide if I'll be buying anything. Then if my scratch card reveals a prize, even better.
    uanoor, Silk and ange410 like this.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

  6. #126
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    411
    Likes Received
    443
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)



    I have a question regarding these promotions....does ct have them regularly? , what are the usual prizes? I think my moms been getting that mccain cake a few times so not sure if there are other prizes promotions.... meaning is the one that just passed last week ($5 guarantee ) a usual promotion? or once a year?

    Must become an avid saver and plan ahead..for these things.

  7. #127
    Smart Canuck Cocottee00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    1,378
    Likes Received
    653
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by niro_anan View Post
    I have a question regarding these promotions....does ct have them regularly? , what are the usual prizes? I think my moms been getting that mccain cake a few times so not sure if there are other prizes promotions.... meaning is the one that just passed last week ($5 guarantee ) a usual promotion? or once a year?

    Must become an avid saver and plan ahead..for these things.
    $5 or nothing
    $5, $10$ or nothing (like this weekend)
    $5 or a free mccain cake
    $5 or a $5 m&m food coupon
    $5 or lind chocolate
    $5 or lind chocolate + a $5 CT coupon (coupon only valid during boxing day)
    $5, $10, $50 or $100 (a couple months ago, or maybe last year ? don't remember the date)

    of course during each promo you can win the $5000
    niro_anan and sdddmd like this.

  8. #128
    Canadian Genius wolfwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    8,485
    Likes Received
    17653
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)




    2 things have made up my mind to pass this promo
    1- " if card is not a winner, hand back to customer"
    2-cards only avail in store.

    not worth the effort.
    walkonby, LIVE SIMPLE and Binky5 like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

  9. #129
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    411
    Likes Received
    443
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)



    thankss!!!for the clarification and reply, so the $5 guaranteed events are usually occasional... started to fret that i missed out on some good freebies like last weekend.





    Quote Originally Posted by Cocottee00 View Post
    $5 or nothing
    $5, $10$ or nothing (like this weekend)
    $5 or a free mccain cake
    $5 or a $5 m&m food coupon
    $5 or lind chocolate
    $5 or lind chocolate + a $5 CT coupon (coupon only valid during boxing day)
    $5, $10, $50 or $100 (a couple months ago, or maybe last year ? don't remember the date)

    of course during each promo you can win the $5000

  10. #130
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    439
    Likes Received
    739
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by niro_anan View Post
    I have a question regarding these promotions....does ct have them regularly? , what are the usual prizes? I think my moms been getting that mccain cake a few times so not sure if there are other prizes promotions.... meaning is the one that just passed last week ($5 guarantee ) a usual promotion? or once a year?

    Must become an avid saver and plan ahead..for these things.
    Here are the past events

    April 25, 2009 - Chance of Winning $5=1/5 - Losing Prize - Nothing
    May 2-3, 2009 & May 4-8 2009 (Split Card) - Chance of Winning $5=1/5 - Losing Prize - Nothing
    May 16-17, 2009 & May 18-22 2009 (Split Card) - Chance of Winning $5=1/5 - Losing Prize - Nothing
    Sept 12, 2009 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    May 28, 2010 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - 6Pk Burgers
    Sept 17, 2010 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Oct 22, 2010 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Nov 19, 2010 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - Lindor Chocolates
    April 1, 2011 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - Nothing *Cards only available at cashier*
    May 27, 2011 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - $5 M&M Gift Certificate
    July 2, 2011 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Sept 16, 2011 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Nov 18, 2011 - 10%-100% Bonus Canadian Tire money
    Dec 9, 2011 - Chance of Winning $20=1/10 - Losing Prize - Lindor Chocolates ($5 Bonus Coupon)
    Mar 3, 2012 - Chance of Winning $100=1/200, $50=1/200, $25=3/200, $10=1/40 - Losing Prize - $5
    May 18, 2012 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - $5 M&M Gift Certificate
    June 15, 2012 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - Armor All
    Sept 14, 2012 - Chance of Winning $5=3/10 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Nov 17, 2012 - 10%-100% Bonus Canadian Tire money
    Dec 7, 2012 - Chance of Winning $10=1/20 - Losing Prize - Lindor Chocolates ($5 Bonus Coupon)
    March 16, 2013 - Chance of Winning $10=1/200 - Losing Prize - $5
    March 22-24, 2013 - Chance of Winning $5=1/3.33 - Losing Prize - Nothing
    costybex, Silk, nani and 5 others like this.

  11. #131
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    22
    Likes Received
    41
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    I would say this is a Trial Marketing Tactic by CDN Tire Promo Dept,
    Lets just give out the Scratch Card's IN STORE Only, and give Discounts to the People who are already in our Store and going to make a purchase with us anyways! Not put them physically in the Hands of Consumer to give them something of a remind to come to the Store and buy something they might have went to another retailer to Purchase! LOL
    I think we will need to Ban together and avoid this Promo so that they will see the Marketing on this Promo did Not work and they put them Back into Distribution to the Homes and Hands of possiable new Customer's!
    Contest, Coupon & Deal Lover!
    www.TakeItOffCanada.com

  12. #132
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    22
    Likes Received
    41
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by SmartConsumer View Post
    Here are the past events

    April 25, 2009 - Chance of Winning $5=1/5 - Losing Prize - Nothing
    May 2-3, 2009 & May 4-8 2009 (Split Card) - Chance of Winning $5=1/5 - Losing Prize - Nothing
    May 16-17, 2009 & May 18-22 2009 (Split Card) - Chance of Winning $5=1/5 - Losing Prize - Nothing
    Sept 12, 2009 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    May 28, 2010 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - 6Pk Burgers
    Sept 17, 2010 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Oct 22, 2010 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Nov 19, 2010 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - Lindor Chocolates
    April 1, 2011 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - Nothing *Cards only available at cashier*
    May 27, 2011 - Chance of Winning $5=1/2 - Losing Prize - $5 M&M Gift Certificate
    July 2, 2011 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Sept 16, 2011 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Nov 18, 2011 - 10%-100% Bonus Canadian Tire money
    Dec 9, 2011 - Chance of Winning $20=1/10 - Losing Prize - Lindor Chocolates ($5 Bonus Coupon)
    Mar 3, 2012 - Chance of Winning $100=1/200, $50=1/200, $25=3/200, $10=1/40 - Losing Prize - $5
    May 18, 2012 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - $5 M&M Gift Certificate
    June 15, 2012 - Chance of Winning $5=1/4 - Losing Prize - Armor All
    Sept 14, 2012 - Chance of Winning $5=3/10 - Losing Prize - McCain Cake
    Nov 17, 2012 - 10%-100% Bonus Canadian Tire money
    Dec 7, 2012 - Chance of Winning $10=1/20 - Losing Prize - Lindor Chocolates ($5 Bonus Coupon)
    March 16, 2013 - Chance of Winning $10=1/200 - Losing Prize - $5
    March 22-24, 2013 - Chance of Winning $5=1/3.33 - Losing Prize - Nothing

    Nov 18, 2011 - 10%-100% Bonus Canadian Tire money
    ^^^^ This one Bring's back so many great Memories, Was one time Luck was on my side!
    Contest, Coupon & Deal Lover!
    www.TakeItOffCanada.com

  13. #133
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    439
    Likes Received
    739
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Here are the chances in percentage form.

    $0 - 66.63646997%
    $5 - 30.03003003%
    $10 - 3.33333333%
    $5000 - 0.00016666%
    Last edited by SmartConsumer; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

  14. #134
    Smart Canuck swallow_046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    4,929
    Likes Received
    123
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)



    umm, 1 in 3, I think i might pass now
    SWAGBUCKS ---- Want to earn FREE Gift Cards for searching the web?
    JOIN Swagbucks FREE Join me in earning Amazon Giftcards

  15. #135
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,411
    Likes Received
    2527
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    As I mentioned elsewhere, I’m questioning the legality of this promo.

    The fact that there is no guaranteed prize, AND that the prizes are discounts on the current purchase, defines this promotion as a lottery.

    Prize, chance, and consideration are the three components that comprise a lottery.

    1.) Prize (obviously there is a prize) — that is obvious.

    2.) Chance – there is only a CHANCE of winning something. When it iss a guaranteed discount, or even a cake, they eliminated ‘chance’ because you were guaranteed a prize of some sort.

    3.) Consideration – the fact you have to pay something (in this case buy something) to win/claim your prize – Postage is not filed as 'consideration' - but something that benefits the promoter, definitely is.

    The presence of ALL three (not just two out of the three) makes this a lottery, and is defined as illegal in the eyes of lottery rules.


    If there was a guaranteed prize, or if I could potentially win a $5 or $10 gift card without first having to make a purchase to claim the prize, that would be totally different.

    "No purchase necessary" would make this legal, but if the prizes are instant-rebates on your current purchase, then a purchase IS necessary. AND if you don't make a purchase, you forfeit your prize. You can't use it at a later time.

    To add fuel to the fire, they even state “the transaction must be more than the coupon $ amount” also enforces that I have to pay something out of pocket to claim my prize.


    If they simply converted the prize into a $5 or $10 gift card AND removed the requirement to make a purchase for me to claim the prize, they’d be legit. I can choose, at a later time, if I want to spend the gift card or not... AND I can choose to spend more (or less) than it’s worth if I want. But I wouldn't be required to, and that’s the caveat here.

    OR if they made every scratch card a winner in some form or another (ie: every non-winning card gets a kit-kat bar, for example) -- that would also remove the distinction of being a lottery, and then all of the other terms could remain in tact.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 09:23 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •