User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: rants to Walmart@Major Mac in Richmondhill today!(resolve)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethjohn2005 View Post
    OP, some Managers think that it is perfectly okay to use a coupon and b1g1 together but some say you can never do that, depends on the Manager of the store, i am also interested in seeing what headoffice have to say
    just because a manager says it ok doesn't mean the manufacture says it's ok. I use to approve certain coupons in the past but then months later got a call and even a letter for a Unilever once saying that was wrong and we weren't getting the reimbursement. As a couponer I know that using two coupons for one product is called stacking and since I don't like out west it can't be done so I don't do it. As the person who does the tills and paperwork I know its called stacking because that is what the manufacture says not allowed to combine two coupons for one purchase.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    Here is the email to the head office:

I m a big Walmart fan and couponing had been my hobbit for over a year now. I m a regular customer at my own local Markham and Stouffville Walmart and they are both coupon friendly! Today turned out to be a disaster at the Richmond Hill location. I had a $5 off glade coupon that I want to use toward the glade starter kits, and I also had the buy 1 get 1 free any glade products. So I use the $5 off coupon on the starter kit and I should be entitle to get a free glade candle. when I hand the cashier the buy 1 get 1 coupon, she said I can't use it, because I m already used the $5 coupon on the kits. CSM comes over I try to explain to her that they are 2 different sets of coupons, and being used towards 2 different items and is not consider to be stacking! I had always been able to use coupons this way at other walmart, she won't listen. I was very mad and very frustrated, I don't want to hold up the other customers in line, so I just leave my stuff and left the store. I really want to speak to the store manager about it. This store is not coupon friendly at allnever going back there.
    Sorry this happened, OP.
    That's why I am happy that Target is coming, like Windsor next week:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/345393-...h-19-a-canada/. Some of the bad Walmarts won't be so quick to do this kind of thing to customers.

It should be one policy for ALL stores and not "random, whatever you feel like at that store/that day/that month" policy

I am hoping that as the Target stores open, Walmart will start to be more friendly, so they keep their customers happy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Look, a lot of us have tried the same thing. I have done this a lot at Walmart and Maxi. If it works, great; if not, move on. Sometimes they change the interpretation of the coupon policy because they get burned by audits or not being reimbursed. I think that we really need to roll with the punches a bit better.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I am sorry you feel as though you are not getting the comments you wanted

No this is not stacking but to most who do not coupon would assume this is - you are merely joining coupons

Stacking is using more than 1 coupon per product

That being said using a $5 off coupon on the first and a buy one get one on the second should be allowed according to their own coupon policy HOWEVER in the several years that I myself have been couponing I have NEVER been able to do this at Walmart

Be lucky that you have been able to at your regular store - also all the Glade coupons state 1 PER CUSTOMER!! so please abide by that

It is also the same for anyone who is able to use a MFG coupon and a coupon zone coupon at RCSS as they clearly state right on the coupon zone coupon that they are not valid with any other coupon
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sun, Mar 17th, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
    Sunshyne1 and angel_2011 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went back today to my home walmart and I used the coupons with no hassles....the csm had to come over to over-ride the transaction because there was so many coupon involve, she came over checked the coupons and say everything was fine and did the over-ride. I will see what the richmond hill store manager have to say about my expensive yesterday at his store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    I went back today to my home walmart and I used the coupons with no hassles....the csm had to come over to over-ride the transaction because there was so many coupon involve, she came over checked the coupons and say everything was fine and did the over-ride. I will see what the richmond hill store manager have to say about my expensive yesterday at his store.

By raising the issues/making a fuss with the Richmond Hill store manager and telling him your local Walmart is allowing it, you may 'shoot yourself in the foot'. i.e. The end result may be that your local Walmart may end up being told by head office to stop allowing it. I would let it alone and simply stick to a Walmart you know allows the practice for you.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Personally I'd consider this stacking, if it really is or not I have no idea.
    I would stick to the WalMart that allows you to use both coupons, and leave the manager of the other store out of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is considered stacking, and the reason is because in order to get the 2nd product free, you have to buy the first product. Therefore, the b1g1 is applied to the first product because you have to buy that one to get the other.

You are not allowed to use two coupons on one product, so the $5 coupon would have to be applied to the 2nd product, however you are not paying for that product because it is free, so you cannot use the second coupon on it.

to use BOTH coupons, you would have to have had a 3rd product.

count yourself lucky that you got away with it and hope that there are no negative implications from your email.
    Last edited by i_forget; Sun, Mar 17th, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    156 (100%)

First of all, I am not commenting on this incident here as I do not have enough knowledge to determine one way or the other. I am simply asking a question sort of related to the rules here. I remembered there was such cpn as Buy a Pam and get $2 off a dozen of eggs (might not be entirely accurate but I will use this as an example) so if I have a cpn say, a dollar off a bottle of Pam. Can I use the dollar cpn on Pam and then use the Buy Pam and get $2 off the eggs ? Would that consider stacking ? As I am using two different cpns towards two separate products. Please advise.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    First of all, I am not commenting on this incident here as I do not have enough knowledge to determine one way or the other. I am simply asking a question sort of related to the rules here. I remembered there was such cpn as Buy a Pam and get $2 off a dozen of eggs (might not be entirely accurate but I will use this as an example) so if I have a cpn say, a dollar off a bottle of Pam. Can I use the dollar cpn on Pam and then use the Buy Pam and get $2 off the eggs ? Would that consider stacking ? As I am using two different cpns towards two separate products. Please advise.
    i think in this situation you can do it...buy shampoo and get conditoner free so you can use the $ off coupon towards the shampoo...but i think buy one get one free is totally different that is applied towards 2 things or you can say one coupon for 2 products.it clarifies in super store policy very well rather than walmart policy...
    Here is the Loblaws Canada coupon policy. It is valid at all Loblaws Banner stores.
    1.0 Policy

Coupon zone coupons, LCL flyer coupons, LCL website coupons and President’s Choice Financial® coupons are all gladly accepted according the terms and conditions printed on the coupon. Manufacture coupons are accepted for in store purchased items according to the guidelines listed in section 2.0.
    2.0 Guidelines

• 2.1 The item being purchased must conform to the product details on the coupon including size, brand, quantity, co-purchased item etc.
    • 2.2 Only Canadian coupons are accepted.
    • 2.3 The expiry date must be valid.
    • 2.4 The coupon must be presented at time of purchase.
    • 2.5 A coupon cannot be redeemed against the “free” item in any offer where the customer buys more than one item to get one or more item for free (BOGO deals). Eg. Buy one bag of chips, get a second bag of chips free – a single coupon can be applied to the purchase of the two bags.
    • 2.6 Coupons have no cash value.
    • 2.7 If the coupon value exceeds the retail value of an item, the coupon value will be reduced to reflect the retail of the item.
    • 2.8 All sales taxes are paid by the customer at the retail value of the product. Refer to 2.9 to see Free Item guideline.
    • 2.9 The value of a coupon that offers a product for free will include the amount of any applicable taxes.
    • 2.10 Home printed coupons from emails or websites are accepted in black/white or colour. Manufacture coupons must have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon, expiration date and be completely legible.
    • 2.11Photocopies are not accepted.
    • 2.12 Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry.
    • 2.13 One coupon only per item purchased may be redeemed during each store visit, even if a limit statement is not included on the coupon. Coupon stacking is not allowed.
    • 2.14 The Store Management reserves the right to restrict individual item purchase quantities to reasonable family limits.

3.0 General Information

• 3.1 Each coupon will be reviewed to ensure it complies with the details of the section 2.0 Guidelines. We appreciate your patience during this validation process.
    • 3.2 Customers with excessive amounts of coupons in a single order may be asked to relocate to complete their order as a courtesy to our other Customers.
    • 3.3 We may change this policy without notice at any time.
    • 3.4 All coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption.
    • 3.5 Competitor’s coupons are not accepted.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

This is why I hate the BxGx coupons, prefer the plain x amount off a single item. (or FPC)
    I'd leave things alone and if the one store you go to allows it, go there and just keep the first store out of it.
    i_forget likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok, I just for a call from their store manager, I told him about what happened and he said there shouldn't be any problem with using the coupons and he will honor them if I decide to go back there to do the purchase and just apologize for what happened. He also said if in the future if something like this happens again, I should call over the assistant manager on the spot and they will fix the problem at the time, instead of complain straight to the head office(may be they get points taken off every time they get a complaint of something.....). I told him that the CSM was there too, and he said no, it got to be a higher level eg. assistant manager on duty. just wanna to share this response to everyone here.
    Last edited by cinpow; Mon, Mar 18th, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you check that coupon it probably tells you "not valid on trial size" That is why you are not allowed to use it.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There needs to be a*ONLINE COUPONING HEAD OFFICE* so we can call it lol It probably be ringing off the hooks hahah

I am so confused as to what is allowed with the B1G1 and cents off coupons. I have been able to use b1g1 and cents off coupons at one walmart for shampoo and then I tried at a different walmart and the CSM told me it was stacking. She finally allowed the transaction and I have never done it since. That was a few months ago

If anyone finds out the correct info please post it lol

I am a stacker but the B1G1 and cents really confuses me. I know this wouldn't be allowed at London drugs because an offer already exists

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

OP - Thanks for complaining to the WM at Bayview/MM. They seriously need to get their act together. Some cashiers are just a PITA. I had trouble using the Glade coupon - get $2 off ANY product except for aerosols and solids. I tried getting one of the refills, and was denied because what I had in my hand "doesn't look like anything pictured."

You'd think that grown adults would understand the words "ANY" and "EXCEPT" .... but no, its a difficult concept for some people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information