User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: omg, I finally passed my G today!! the fouth time is a charm!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I failed a bazjillion times too. I don't actually remember how many, but it was bad.
    uanoor and oscarandme like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Tried a short skirt? Worked for me!
    lol, maybe in the summer, but not right now....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Tried a short skirt? Worked for me!
    Lmao good idea!

I got my G on my first try, I did the exaggeration when checking mirrors and such.

I remember when I was in high school and we joked about it in my little group of friends, when you're on the test, it seems like its more important to check the mirrors than the road in front of you. lol Don't even bother looking at the road, just your mirrors.
    Eva-M and oscarandme like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I passed first try, but the lady still yelled at me mid test because she told me to pass a transport on the 401 and I was doing 100 and didn't want to speed up cause I knew she would get me for speeding, and didn't want to slow down to fall back behind it or she would get me for going too slow...Sure enough got yelled at for being in the blind spot, sped up to pass the transport and merge in front then was yelled at for going over the speed limit! Like wtf do these instructors want!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

humm,, yeah, I read the score paper over 3 times now, and he said I drove below traffic speed and my turns were too slow....wtf....I did that in purpose because today's ground were all wet and probably there could be ice. I didn't want to get a slip and crash into the snow or something....he wrote me up for that, sadX4. I have never drove in this weather before....my lesson days were all nice and sunny with dry ground. so today I took more caution and just drove a bit below the speed limit

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    humm,, yeah, I read the score paper over 3 times now, and he said I drove below traffic speed and my turns were too slow....wtf....I did that in purpose because today's ground were all wet and probably there could be ice. I didn't want to get a slip and crash into the snow or something....he wrote me up for that, sadX4. I have never drove in this weather before....my lesson days were all nice and sunny with dry ground. so today I took more caution and just drove a bit below the speed limit
    Its too bad you couldn't explain that to them.

I as well got yelled at when driving my first G2 test and I tell you it really does not help. I almost had to pull over to cry. I was making a left turn, in the intersection the light turned yellow so I tried to make my turn (to get out of the darn intersection!!!) and I can't remember exactly what he yelled but it was pretty much whatever he could find after that to fail me.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

One time I failed my test because the examiner was looking out the window during the whole test. She said I didn't look at my mirrors. I said how would she know because she didn't look at me the whole time? She didn't have an answer to that and just left.

Moral of the story, sometimes good drivers fail for no reason. But sometimes they just need more practice. It is DEFINITELY expensive though. You got good advice above, make overexaggerated movements
    gourmetsue and oscarandme like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Oh that cake looks delicious! Best of luck on the next attempt. I also failed my G a couple times, it's so frustrating, but Im sure they will pass you eventually!
    oscarandme likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I failed a few times too even after a few instructors trying to teach me. After my husband passed away I had to learn how to drive cause we had a car and it was just sitting in the driveway. After my 4 try I got it According to my instructor I had yelled at drivers but I don't do that anymore. I also took my test in a smaller town where my parents live and easier to drive there than Halifax.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I failed my G1 exit 3 times, and my G2 exit once. 2 of my fails (one of the G1 and one of the G2) were automatic fails (I did something that no matter what I did for the rest of the test I was going to fail. They were stupid things, but automatic fails nonetheless. I had crazy witches as testers and some nice ones. Me and my sisters all took more than 1 try to get it and my brothers all got theirs on their first tries.

After I failed my G2 exit, my licence was going to expire before I could get into another test (it was days away from expiring). They issued me a temporary licence that expired on the day of my next test. They said if I failed that they would issue me a 1 day licence for the next test if I needed. Fortunately, I passed that time. I have been uber diligent about not letting it lapse now. No way I want to get a new licence again.

As for your BF making comments about getting off the road, I would seriously slap him. Comments like that are not helpful and don't work to boost your confidence. Tell him to shut his pie hole-seriously!
    oscarandme likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    One time I failed my test because the examiner was looking out the window during the whole test. She said I didn't look at my mirrors. I said how would she know because she didn't look at me the whole time? She didn't have an answer to that and just left.

Moral of the story, sometimes good drivers fail for no reason. But sometimes they just need more practice. It is DEFINITELY expensive though. You got good advice above, make overexaggerated movements
    The tester totally makes or breaks it. I nearly had a panic attack when during a test I came across a situation I'd never had before (construction with lane reduction, ect...) the tester just walked me through all it. And didn't ding me for it. After 1 of my automatic fails (rolling stop) the tester told me to come back in 10 days, I'd be fine. My only problem was my rolling stop so she had to fail me. So I go back in 10days and I get this witch. She basically tells me that I am the worst thing ever behind the wheel. How was I fine 10days ago and now a disaster? Some people are just sour people and like to spread their misery on others.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Totally true insane... The first instructor I had was a woman, who honestly seemed miserable. The second one was a lot calmer and didn't fail me even when I hit the curb while parallel parking.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yeh I passed G2 in 9th attempt and G in 3rd, but agreed money is the greatest factor wasted during all this cycle. But don't worry keep practicing If you are choosing Lindsey no need to pay more to instructor, go in your own car (you are more used too). Its not far from Markham and now you know the area. Book early in the morning and belief me road will be almost clear, and I love that highway (infact highway 7 for less then 2 min. lol.) Thats what I did for my G. Didn't pay to instructor after first fail at port union and tried in my own van and passed in 2nd attempt in Lindsey.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    I failed a bazjillion times too. I don't actually remember how many, but it was bad.
    smileyKT and oscarandme like this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is my advice. I passed my test 2 years ago with a perfect score.....first time.

go out the day before (or a few) and follow a few people being tested so that you know the routes that they use. They generally only use 2 or 3 different routes. Don't go to a different city....know your route in your own city. They will probably mark you harder if you are from out of town because they know that people do that to get away from busy cities.

before your test, on that day, go over all if the roads of those routes so you are familiar with them at the time.

book early in the day (10-11).

dont fake your moves. Check your mirrors and turn your head and check your blind spot.....especially if you are driving an SUV.... and make it a habit....nothing worse than someone doing a half assed job checking their blind spot and cutting you off.

Make sure you are up to speed BEFORE you merge on to the highway. It is pretty much a guaranteed fail if you are entering a 100km/h highway and you are not at 100km/h.

drive with confidence. If your confident, they are less likely to try to trick you into doing something illegal.

When making a left, make sure you are as far left as possible and your wheels are straight while you wait for traffic to clear.

drive in the right lane, the left is for passing or when you need to turn left.

make sure you can reverse park into a parking spot

make sure you can parallel park, and are within 18 inches of the curb, 12 is better and they check.
    if you screw it up and need to try again, that is fine.

dont drive too slow.

use your signals....and don't signal too early or too late.

these are all basic things of driving.
    If you CHOOSE to not parallel park for the rest of your life after you pass your test, then good for you, but I parallel park on an almost daily basis.....because it is a necessary skill and because I can. Oh yeah, and parallel parking is easiest if you adjust your body so that you are slightly turned and physically looking behind you.
    Last edited by i_forget; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

I've gotten lucky and passed my tests on the first try.

An advice I have - book your test towards the end of the day. They may want to end work early and not take you on the longer routes. Also ask your instructor if they know what the usual routes are around that centre. Then you can actually do practice tests there with someone pretending to be an examiner beside you.
    oscarandme likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information