User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is new Target RBC MasterCard good news for Canucks?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - 5% rewards are attractive

1 25.00%
  • NO - Target stores are too far away

1 25.00%
  • YES - Will force Cdn retailers to improve their rewards

0 0%
  • NO - Target Canada prices will still be higher than in U.S.

2 50.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Official Credit Card Info/Sign Up Thread

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RobinMonks View Post
    I didn't either; in my experience most of the "we'll respond if a reply is warranted" forms never reply ;(
    so you have been working for a bank?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nah, just have experience with feedback in forms being ignored. (I work as a software engineer, for the curious, http://robinmonks.com)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We have had a number of people complain about spam for credit card threads where they are not good interest rates and people are posting just for referral bonuses

Please post new credit card deals in this thread only. Any keys / sign up links or special referral codes must be posted in your signature, not the body of the OP per the referral rules
    Insane likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Get a $100 Gift Card to any retailer of your choice (Apple, Lululemon, The Bay, Tiffany's, etc) or $150 of Buytopia Credit upon approval of an MBNA credit card.

Choose from two of Canada's top rated, no-cost credit cards with the MBNA Smart Cash (up to 5% off groceries and gas) and Platinum Plus cards.

To apply, click here: http://www.buytopia.ca/deal/2914/?skip=true

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    We have had a number of people complain about spam for credit card threads where they are not good interest rates and people are posting just for referral bonuses

Please post new credit card deals in this thread only. Any keys / sign up links or special referral codes must be posted in your signature, not the body of the OP per the referral rules
    That's a very good note, actually... all the AmEx cards I've seen have horrendous interest rates.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The RBC Target card is good is you plan to go there often.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pretty sweet referral deal on the SPG Amex card. Normally, you get 10,000 welcome points when you sign up ($120 annual fee). Right now, through a referral, you get 21,000 points ($120 annual fee).

Depending on the hotel you stay at, you can get 1-3 nights with 21,000 points (you can stay in Times Square New York for either 12,000 or 20,000 points, depending on the hotel, which runs at $300-$400 a night)

See link in my signature.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The American express SPG card is a very good card. The sign up bonus is 21k through referral now. You can find more information about it through the link in my signature.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

MBNA is currently giving a bonus of 50 dollars when you apply for a MBNA smart cash card and when you use a referral code. To get the credit you need to get approved before June 30 and spend 150 before Aug 31,2013. Then they will credit you and the person who refer you 50 dollars. Please feel free to use the referral code in my signature.

This card has no annual fee and give you up to 5% back on the first six months, and 2% thereafter. If you want to read more on it:
    https://www.mbna.ca/RWDapp/home?mc=SMCACN&locale=en_CA
    Last edited by emg; Thu, May 30th, 2013 at 07:50 AM.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

MBNA is currently giving a bonus of 50 dollars when you apply for a MBNA smart cash card and when you use a referral code. To get the credit you need to get approved before June 30, 2013 and spend 150 before Aug 31,2013. Then they will credit you and the person who refer you 50 dollars. Please feel free to use the referral code in my signature.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=Yoyo11;5533421]Now you can get 20000 points if you apply American Express Gold Rewards Card and spend $500 in the first 3 months.

With 20000 points, you can get $200 statement credit or $150 gift card like Esso, Home Depot, Roots, Old navy and so on.

No annual fee for the first year, then you can downgrade it to no annual fee card like Costco American Express card.

You can transfer the points to aeroplan for free, 25000 aeroplan points can redeem a round trip airfare to Vancouver or New York or other cities! That's $500 savings.
    QUOTE]

This promotion has been on for over 6 months, don't know if it is ending soon.

If anyone interested, please use my link in my signature. Thank you very much.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amex has a points to credit promotion: AMEX MR Promo 1000pts = 12,50$ in credit (25% bonus) (end august 31st). If anyone has Amex points, it is good time to change it to credit. It can be applied to any purchases, not only for travel.

If you apply for the card now, you can get the bonus points on time.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

American Express just started a great new offer for AeroplanPlus Gold card.

Annual fee waived for the first year. 30k bonus Aeroplan miles (instead of the normal 20k) if you spend $500 in the first 3 months when you apply through the link in my signature.
    Amex AeroplanPlus Gold Card 30k bonus points link: www.americanexpress.com/canada
    Amex Gold Rewards Card 25k bonus points link: https://www.americanexpress.com/cana...IWDR8WFQ%3D%3D

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

www.RateSupermarket.ca is having another credit card offer...with the SONY credit card (i was gunna apply for this anyways so a free gift card out of it isn't bad) all u have to do is:
    - apply for the card (http://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals/win_ps4/)
    - once you are approved u get one of :
    $25 Amazon gift card
    $100 Futureshop gift card
    FREE PS4
    u only get one i think they do the draw after the offer closes.....but ur guaranteed one of those prizes

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

HI!
    I think the title is misleading, it should be "CHANCE TO WIN"

print:
    "For the month of October apply for a Sony Card MasterCard® credit card and upon approval not only will you enjoy 2% rewards on your purchases, and 2,000 SONY points* - you'll also be entered for a 1 in 100 chance to WIN a PS4.Everyone's a Winner! Upon Approval receive one of the prizes below...

• PS4Odds: 1 in 100
    • $100 Future Shop Gift CardOdds: 9 in 100
    • $25 Amazon.ca Gift CardOdds: 90 in 100"

It is better to go through G C R instead and apply for the mbna smart cash (get free $100) or get the same sony card (get free $60)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information