User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is new Target RBC MasterCard good news for Canucks?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - 5% rewards are attractive

1 25.00%
  • NO - Target stores are too far away

1 25.00%
  • YES - Will force Cdn retailers to improve their rewards

0 0%
  • NO - Target Canada prices will still be higher than in U.S.

2 50.00%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Official Credit Card Info/Sign Up Thread

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just signed up for the American Express Gold Reward card - the first year of membership is free ($150 annual fee is waived). You have to spend $500 within the first three months of having the card to get the 25,000 points and you get 10,000 points for any referrals. The 25,000 bonus membership reward points can be transferred one-to-one to Aeroplan miles or to some other reward programs. I signed up for a similar deal last year and found it was a great way to earn points. See the link below for more details.
    Davetherave likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you collect AMEX points or Aeroplan points or want to start collecting these reward points, I found an easy way to get lots of points quickly.

I posted about this earlier and got some questions about how it works so here is a more detailed explanation.

By applying for the AMEX Gold card, you can get 25,000 AMEX reward points. That’s enough points to get you quite a bit of rewards, for example:

What can 25,000 points get you?

25,000 AMEX points is enough to get a $200 AMEX gift card.

25,000 AMEX points can be transferred one-to-one to 25,000 Aeroplan points which is enough for a round trip long-haul economy ticket to anywhere in Canada and continental USA.

FYI …You can also transfer the points to other reward programs like Avios, Delta SkyMiles, Asia Miles, Etihad, Alitalia and Starwood Preferred Guest.

What do you have to do to get the points?

I used it to pay for my gas purchases and had no problem reaching 500, plus I got double AMEX points on my gas purchases.

Some important details to remember

The card is free for one year with this deal. Next year, the regular $150 annual fee applies so cancel before the free year is up if you don’t want to pay for this card. I cancelled my last card very easily with the automated phone service without any hassle or problems.

You also get 10,000 points for any referrals you make. So if you get the card and then refer your spouse, that’s 60,000 points combined. Enough for at least $400 of AMEX gift cards or two round trip tickets in Canada or the continental US. Just in time for planning summer vacations.

The link to sign-up is in my signature. I got a couple of referral bonus points from my last posting so I want to say thank-you to whoever used it!
    Davetherave likes this.

dobbsie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/CA/en/eds2015/

The first 30,000 Consumer or Business American Express® Cards to be successfully registered between April 30, 2015 and May 30, 2015 are eligible for this offer. Once registered, when you make a purchase of $50 (CAD) or more in a single transaction, including taxes, to your Registered Card at any of the participating merchant locations in Canada between April 30, 2015 and May 30, 2015, you’ll earn a $10 Statement Credit! You are eligible to receive up to three (3) statement credits per Registered Card.

Gas Stations:
    Chevron
    Esso
    Safeway

Grocery Stores:
    Choices Markets
    Highland Farms
    Metro
    Northern
    NorthMart
    Pusateri's
    Safeway
    ValuLots
    WholeFoods

1. Register
    Register your eligible Consumer or Business American Express Card between April 30, 2015 and May 30, 2015 at amexnetwork.ca/swipeenjoy. A purchase made at a participating merchant location during the offer period prior to registration is not a qualifying purchase for this offer.

2. Shop
    Once you’ve registered, use your registered Card and make a single purchase of $50 (CAD) or more, including taxes, at any of the participating merchants in Canada between April 30, 2015 and May 30, 2015. You can shop three (3) separate times with any of the participating merchants or with the same merchant!

3. Earn
    Earn up to three (3) $10 Statement Credits per registered Card!

Davetherave likes this.
    ING Thrive Account- Use orange key 35088302S1 when signing up to get $50

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Hmmm always nervous inputting my credit card number....is this for sure legit??? Anyone??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey guys!

Amazing deal on the Amex Platinum, probably the highest sign-up bonus ever.

You get 75,000 points after 1000 spend, and 100,000 points if you self-refer.

Although the sign-up bonus is high ($699), you get 75,000 points + $400 travel credit in your first year so you are actually gaining.

If you have a business you can sign up for the business amex platinum which has a lower annual fee ($399).

Benefits:
    1. Lounge access across the world, including Centurion Lounges in the US.
    2. Security bypass + free valet at Pearson
    3. SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Platinum
    4. $200 credit annually (twice in your first year)
    5. Fine Hotels Resorts
    6. Other

You need a referral to get the 75,000 point offer. The public offer is 50,000. So ask a friend or a smartcanucks member for a referral link!
    Last edited by Hassan Mokdad; Thu, Mar 24th, 2016 at 09:45 PM.
    FLA, dededi and Davetherave like this.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, Amex increased welcome bonus for personal platinum card to 75k (was 60k), and also increased welcome bonus for business platinum card to 75k (was 40k).

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Last edited by dariusz8; Tue, Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:47 AM. Reason: deleted image that has referral info
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

If your in the market for a new Capital One Credit card and some money to go along with it heres a great offer
    Refer a friend or Family member and we BOTH make $50...
    I will include my referral details in my signature so we both can make some free $, u can refer up to 5 to make up to $250
    Last edited by dariusz8; Tue, Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:51 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tangerine is having a $50 cash Bonus offer to anyone who opens a no fee chequing account with them before May 27, 2016, $25 cash for adding a savings account, and $100 cash bonus for setting up an Automatic Savings Program (ASP) with them.
    Check it out at
    http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html
    Promotional orange Key: XXXXX
    Any questions call: 1-888-826-4374

After you have an account with them, you will be given a Promotional orange key, and then you can use this key to refer your family/friends. Then each of them will get $50/$175, and you will get $50 as well for each referral. You can earn up to $3,250 total in referrals. This is an online bank account, but you can link it with your other bank accounts or deposit/withdraw at Scotiabank bank machines; call them if you have questions.
    Last edited by couponlady; Sat, Apr 30th, 2016 at 03:04 PM. Reason: removed referral info
    Davetherave likes this.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone here deal with either ACHIEVA FINANCIAL or ACCELERATE FINANCIAL ?

These are Manitoba credit unions with an unlimited deposit guarantee and 1.7% interest rate on their savings accts.
    And FREE cheque supplies.

I want to know because ACHIEVA has a $25 for you and $25 for me referral program...so if you're an existing customer and you send me your PETAL NUMBER (that's wht they call it)....we can both ring the cash register.

Thanks!
    Davetherave likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  tangerine.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  15.8 KB
    Make $50 FREE with Tangerine. Use Affiliate key
    49295723S1 when creating your free chequing or savings account online.

You receive a $50 bonus with your new account and I receive a referral bonus as well. I will not need any of your other information all of your personal information will only be given to the bank by you without my involvement other than providing my referral key so that you can receive your bonus It is a win win situation

Tangerine offers a no fee chequing account so your account is free.

Open a Tangerine Chequing Account and say goodbye to unfair bank fees. The average Canadian spends up to $220 a year in bank fees. You could be saving that per year and plus earn an additional $50 by using the Orange Key I send you. With a Tangerine no-fee daily Chequing Account, you could keep more of your money, and finally say goodbye to unfair fees.

Once you've opened your Account, you can earn an additional $75 Bonus when you switch your payroll direct deposits by April 28, 2017.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  tangerine.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  15.8 KB
    Make $50 FREE with Tangerine.

Use affiliate key 49295723S1

You receive a $50 bonus with your new account when you make your first successful deposit. You can choose to go to a branch or complete it all online but must reference the affiliate key to receive the bonus.

Tangerine offers a no fee chequing account so your account is free.

Open a Tangerine Chequing Account and say goodbye to unfair bank fees. The average Canadian spends up to $220 a year in bank fees. You could be saving that per year and plus earn an additional $50 by using the Orange Key I send you. With a Tangerine no-fee daily Chequing Account, you could keep more of your money, and finally say goodbye to unfair fees.

Once you've opened your Account, you can earn an additional $75 Bonus when you switch your payroll direct deposits by April 28, 2017.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never seen bonus offers this high before!

https://www.americanexpress.com/cana...CPID=100276045

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wanted to let everyone know about this super great and easy way for us Canadians to make an easy $50 in cold, hard cash...And yes I know that *usually* is too good to be true..But NOT today!

Steps to your FREE $50!

-Go to Tangerine.ca
    -Click Sign Up and sign up for a new chequing account with Tangerine (Formerly ING Direct)
    -At the bottom of
    the page it will ask if anyone referred you, enter in referral code 49732066S1

**NOTE: A very small percentage of people have let me know that when they
    enter inthe referral code, it *might* come back with an error in which case you just have to call their 1-800 number and have a rep manually add it to your account. They are open 24/7 and you wont have to wait on hold.

-Simply verify your account either via the Tangerine app or at a Canada Post Location, deposit $100 into the account and Tangerine will automatically add $50.
    Its simply that easy. I have to admit, I signed up originally because I just wanted the $50, but Tangerine has really surprised me. Ive actually cancelled my RBC account and now only use Tangerine.
    Give
    it a try. Theres really nothing to lose...and a free, easy $50 to gain.
    (Just be sure to enter in code 49732066S1 or you wont get paid)

Hurry offer expires Aug 31st

Comment down below to let everyone know how it went!
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Use my referral code to open a Tangerine no fee chequing account and we can both get $50 added as a bonus to our accounts (legit)

Until October 31, 2018, for every friend who opens their first Tangerine Account with a deposit of $100 or more using your Orange Key, you’ll each earn a Bonus of $50.

Refer a Friend

Orange Key

54157127S1

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information