User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: TARGET - No Scanning Code of Practice

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I went to TARGET for the first time today. When leaving the store I noticed that the box of Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel that I just purchased had scanned incorrectly. I took my merchandise to the returns desk and the clerk couldn't get it to scan. She ended up calling a Supervisor who had the same problem. I had been informed that I would be credited the wrong price and my purchase would be re-entered at the correct price. When I asked about the Scanning Code of Practice, I was informed that Target does not adopt that policy except in Quebec stores. She said in Quebec there is legislation so that stores have to follow the SCOP but not in Ontario.

Anyway, she ended up giving me back a refund (but no refund on the tax I paid) and gave me the Scrubbing Bubbles as well.

On the brighter side, I had a coupon that came with today's SmartSource flyer whereby if you buy 1 Scrubbing Bubbles Cleaning Gel, you get 1 Scrubbing Bubbles Bowl Cleaner for free. So in the end I paid .59 cents for both items.

I also sent an email to Target's customer service asking them whey they don't adhere to the SCOP. I'll have to wait to see what they say.
    This thread is currently associated with: Smart Source, Target
    Ciel, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

did you went to the target at Lindsay mall on Kent St. that is where I had my driving test. I was planning to go check it out after I finish my second test next time. there won't be any target here in Markham where I live.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

http://www.retailcouncil.org/advocac...racy02_eng.asp

No Target listing is shown in the text box on the right. How sad.
    Savings4me likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    did you went to the target at Lindsay mall on Kent St. that is where I had my driving test. I was planning to go check it out after I finish my second test next time. there won't be any target here in Markham where I live.
    Yes, they haven't had the official grand opening yet, that will happen in early April.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Savings4me View Post
    I also sent an email to Target's customer service asking them whey they don't adhere to the SCOP. I'll have to wait to see what they say.
    I will send them an e-mail too asking why they are not participating.
    This may be a good thing for stores that DO participate - get Target's customers if the customer is upset at Target's errors.
    Poirot, walkonby, i_forget and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I will send them an e-mail too asking why they are not participating.
    This may be a good thing for stores that DO participate - get Target's customers if the customer is upset at Target's errors.
    Target may respond better if they get no customers.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Target keeps on sounding just like Zellers....but with a different name. If I don't hear nice things about them soon I am not going to even bother with them.
    Poirot, GoJays, angel_2011 and 2 others like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Savings4me!

Wow! That is surprising. They will probably change that in the future. Thank you for sharing and glad to hear you still got a good deal because you are a fantastic couponer. Let us know what happens, should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Savings4me View Post
    I went to TARGET for the first time today. When leaving the store I noticed that the box of Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel that I just purchased had scanned incorrectly. I took my merchandise to the returns desk and the clerk couldn't get it to scan. She ended up calling a Supervisor who had the same problem. I had been informed that I would be credited the wrong price and my purchase would be re-entered at the correct price. When I asked about the Scanning Code of Practice, I was informed that Target does not adopt that policy except in Quebec stores. She said in Quebec there is legislation so that stores have to follow the SCOP but not in Ontario.

Anyway, she ended up giving me back a refund (but no refund on the tax I paid) and gave me the Scrubbing Bubbles as well.

On the brighter side, I had a coupon that came with today's SmartSource flyer whereby if you buy 1 Scrubbing Bubbles Cleaning Gel, you get 1 Scrubbing Bubbles Bowl Cleaner for free. So in the end I paid .59 cents for both items.

Savings4me likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Target keeps on sounding just like Zellers....but with a different name. If I don't hear nice things about them soon I am not going to even bother with them.
    Just wanted to mention that they have notices everywhere stating that they price match. Also, when I told them the price was incorrect, they didn't go to check the shelf. I think (not positive mind you) that they take the customer's word. I think their prices are higher than Walmart. Also, the new store looked very nice indeed.

As an added note, I don't think Target allows our veterans to sell poppies in their premises on Veterans Day.
    Last edited by Savings4me; Sat, Mar 23rd, 2013 at 07:43 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Many stores do not allow people to sell anything, while Remembrance Day is a worthy cause, allowing vets to sell poppies gets them complaints from all the other groups they have told no who believe that their cause is just as worthy, because unlike vets, they do not get government funding - same with the Sally Ann kettles at xmas
    Aimz, PammieD, Tbites and 2 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They will have to have SCOP here in Quebec , it's the law. Zellers had to also.
    anisa, Tbites, Cocovanilla and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

the veterans complaint really has nothing to do with anything.

target is a charitable company, and do support veterans with donations of their own.

i do not want people asking me for money while i am trying to shop. i am a charitable person, but on my own time, by my terms. not while someone is blocking traffic trying to guilt people.
    Last edited by anisa; Sat, Mar 23rd, 2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: grammar!
    aussie, Patty Smyth, Zonny and 6 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Many stores do not allow people to sell anything, while Remembrance Day is a worthy cause, allowing vets to sell poppies gets them complaints from all the other groups they have told no who believe that their cause is just as worthy, because unlike vets, they do not get government funding - same with the Sally Ann kettles at xmas
    Valid point FallenPixels, thanks for posting. I hadn't thought about that.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I just got a reply back from Target's customer service. Here is there response.....

We've taken these comments very seriously, so thanks for taking the time to let us know about the issue you had at the checkout.The Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Codes is currently considered voluntary in all provinces except Quebec, where it is required. We will not formally be participating in the code for Year 1 in Canada anywhere but Quebec.
    Target has systems and pricing tools in place to ensure stores are accurately priced. It’s our priority to ensure guests leave happy. We support the Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Codes so that Canadians can benefit from competitive prices and quality service.
    We intend to participate as soon as our Canadian teams, systems and processes have been fully established. Target has a longstanding commitment to delivering our “Expect More. Pay Less” brand promise to all of our guests, and we are pleased to offer 5% savings to our Canadian guests through our REDcard program.
    anisa, PammieD, oscarandme and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

FYI, the Royal Canadian Legion does not "sell" poppies. They will gladly pin one on to anyone who asks for them; they accept donations if they are offered.

http://legion.ca/Home/FAQ_e.cfm
    Q: What is the annual Poppy Campaign?
    A: Each Legion branch organizes an annual campaign to provide Canadians with an opportunity to obtain and wear a Poppy. This is done by Legion members, often assisted by youth groups such as cadets and scouts, who volunteer to conduct door-to-door canvassing and set-up locations throughout the community where individuals may obtain a Poppy. Many commercial businesses also welcome Poppy trays in their outlets to assist the Legion with this important work.

Q: How much do Poppies cost?

A: Poppies are never sold or purchased – people make a contribution for the Poppy they wear. (emphasis mine)
    GoJays, Tbites and Savings4me like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information