User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Stupid Social Services

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not mad at the hard working stressed out folks who work for social services, I am pissed right off with policies in place that probably contribute to stressed out social services workers.

Once a month (today) I help take mostly welfare people to do errands, the ones who are to much for other volunteers to handle (abusive, scary or difficult.)

this creepy con artist married a re-tarded woman somehow and today I drove them. while he was out of the car, she seemed to describing being abused by the creep to me. she can't talk. So I took her purse, found her social services info, and called her worker and described. She told me her hands were tied and she cannot even discuss this with me, even though she is a re-tard, and can't discuss herself.

I left the creep behind and drove her to the hospital, dropped her off, explained to nurse, nurse took her for an examination.

Went back and picked up creep and told him his wife is at the hospital, she was in pain and asked him why. He said she fell in shower.

Took him home. I will do a follow up once the nurse calls to pick the re-tarded lady up.

Seems only the husband or immediate family member is allowed to intervene for welfare people. This is just stupid. She is re-tarded, someone should be giving her special attention especially since her husband is con artist.

Vesper is grumpy today.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by vesper; Thu, Feb 28th, 2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: for some reason, the site removes the word re-tard, so I retyped it with mostly correct spelling

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

That is very nice of you to help others do their errands! And I believe you did the right thing, I don't know how you didn't get into a fight with the guy! I'm only a small girl and it would have been hard for me to 'hold back'. I hope that you are truly able to make a difference for that woman. No one should have to live like that!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    That is very nice of you to help others do their errands! And I believe you did the right thing, I don't know how you didn't get into a fight with the guy! I'm only a small girl and it would have been hard for me to 'hold back'. I hope that you are truly able to make a difference for that woman. No one should have to live like that!
    Thanks! I hope so to.
    Frugal Lisa likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Poor woman. I hope the hospital can get her in touch with a good councillor and I also hope that she has somewhere safe to go if she does leave him. I will be thinking of her and sending positive thoughts. You are a good guy Vesper, hold your head high!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That sucks so bad. Anyone can call CPS and they'll be right up in it, but you report the abuse of an adult and it gets ignored? How sad. You did the right thing of course, SS is biting themselves in the ass by doing this.

I hope she's going to be okay, nobody deserves that.
    Last edited by Chantel; Wed, Feb 27th, 2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Typo!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It sucks and the system needs to be changed.

once a person is 18, there is not a lot that can be done for them unless they are deemed by the courts unable to take care of themselves. If they are hurting themselves, they can get help under the mental health act, but if the are being abused and it is a domestic situation, unless it is very bad injuries or death, the police and agencies do not do too much.

is there a woman's shelter in your area that can help her? Do you know of any other women who can help her find the strength to find help on her own? Does she have any family? Unfortunately no one can control her life, so unless he takes off on his own accord.....most people are past the times of setting a guy straight for not treating a woman right.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    It sucks and the system needs to be changed.

once a person is 18, there is not a lot that can be done for them unless they are deemed by the courts unable to take care of themselves. If they are hurting themselves, they can get help under the mental health act, but if the are being abused and it is a domestic situation, unless it is very bad injuries or death, the police and agencies do not do too much.

is there a woman's shelter in your area that can help her? Do you know of any other women who can help her find the strength to find help on her own? Does she have any family? Unfortunately no one can control her life, so unless he takes off on his own accord.....most people are past the times of setting a guy straight for not treating a woman right.
    I am sure there are lots of people who can and will help. BUt when I say she is ed, I mean it, she has little ability to speak or understand. To be honest, I canot believe anyone allowed her to marry this man, but I guess that is not my business.

If she is being abused, then the police will get involved. Then social services better. If need be, I will canvas his neighbours myself and find out if they heard evidence of violence and refer them to the investigator. Or I'll scare the crap out of creep man and run him out of town.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is awesome that you are taking it upon yourself to look into it. Even if the end result is you being completely misinformed and way off, that is a better outcome than you ignoring her and her living this horrible life! What does "ed" mean?
    I hope you do "stalk" them and make sure everything is okay!
    Good luck!
    Crochetlady and vesper like this.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

How nice of you to help her. If you call the police, sometimes and in most cases the police will charge the abuser even if the woman does not want to. In this case they will have to launch an investigation. I agree with you about talking to the neighbours and to try finding proof. The world is a better place with people like you .
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 12:24 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Congrats Vesper on trying to get help for this lady.
    vesper likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Vesper!

I am so proud of you for doing the right thing. So many times people do not get involved because too much trouble, not your business. My husband is always telling me stay out of it...that show-what would you do? They could follow me on a daily basis and would have full seasons for years. People have to get inolved, in a situation like this, I admire your positive action and can only hope that she is on the road to a better life. No matter what happens we are proud of you for doing something about it and she knows that someone knows.

I know that our situation is not the same as a person but we had a dog down the street where she was out day and night, rain, snow, heat...no food, no water,she was crying all the time. we would sneak to give her food and water. The owners had their rights and complied with minimum requirements after numurous calls to the police, Humane Society and the City for about 9 months, the several people, not that many though, and we are a dog-lovers and cats loving neighbourhood may I add. I got some of my jewelry and offered to buy her with my jewelry and they had to get it assessed before and then said it was not enough...anyways, they finally gave her up and when we were trying to purchase her we had 2 families that wanted her but by the time they gae her up the families changed their minds. Needless to say she is part of our 2 dog, 2 cat family and she is so loving, thankful, motherly and playful and we wonder what we ever did without her before. I used to cry day and night and pray why isn't anything happening, I am doing all I can but we persisted and persisted and cried and prayed and she is out of their hands and into our loving hands and hearts. Clearly she is not a person but she also had a voice and someone needed to stand up for her and we did and now she is free and loved and has a better life/home and finally a family. We are the lucky ones. I and DH are very proud of you for taking action and planned persistance and I know inside she is thanking you too tonight. Her Hero and ours. Take care.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you!

All evening I have been wondering if I should have done what I did, and this confirms my initial instincts were right. Although I have not heard back yet from anyone who can officially tell me what happened, I did get a call from an off duty nurse who did tell me that some kind of expert from Regina is coming to visit the lady, who can somehow communicate with retar-ted people.

If she is getting hit, I hope they move her get them divorced.

Thanks everyone. I feel better.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For some reason, everytime I use the retar-d, the site converts it to the word ed. so when you see ed, that means I meant retar-d
    oscarandme likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

looks like there's a site filter ..

but I'm glad you feel validated and that there's at least one other person, the nurse, who's trying to help.
    Crochetlady, vesper and oscarandme like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information