User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Also-on the same sort of thrift store/used objects topic.. What are garage sales like here in the summer? We'll be busy with renos but I know I could seriously use a break in July/Aug!

I'm Delicious TheOriginalTruffles's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I really like Edmonton as the shopping is fantastic.

It is also a great place for families. The Community League system is wonderful. I miss the ocean, though. I used to be an avid diver when I lived in Victoria. /sigh

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I too miss Edmonton for the parks and shopping.
    *Kayley - you might want to try the church thrift in Salmon Arm BC (its across the railroad tracks). It has killer deals on furniture. My friend just picked up a lovely antique type couch and chair for 40.00 dollars. Most furniture goes for 20.00 dollars the last time I was there.
    No worries on the "highkack". I love hearing all the great places to shop in Edmonton and I was also wondering about the yard sale season.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

sorry, that was supposed to be highjack - lol

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freshvintage View Post
    I too miss Edmonton for the parks and shopping.
    *Kayley - you might want to try the church thrift in Salmon Arm BC (its across the railroad tracks). It has killer deals on furniture. My friend just picked up a lovely antique type couch and chair for 40.00 dollars. Most furniture goes for 20.00 dollars the last time I was there.
    No worries on the "highkack". I love hearing all the great places to shop in Edmonton and I was also wondering about the yard sale season.
    Lol! This response just made my day. Salmon Arm is actually going to be my home base for the next 6 weeks or so, but I'll be on the road. That's where I have a storage locker and my family can drive out my things from there in October. I think it'll be like camping until then!

I knew the Thrift Store was good, I just wasn't sure how good because it was the first thrift store I really went to for anything on my own, so I wasn't sure of the comparison to other cities.

My Mom actually got a fully functioning Convection Stove there, white, for $10! Lol. Just to get her by until they reno the kitchen.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I will be in St. Albert on Sunday for a funeral. Can anyone tell me if the St. Albert Inn has clean rooms. I hate booking rooms when I do not know the state of the hotel/motel.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by freshvintage View Post
    I will be in St. Albert on Sunday for a funeral. Can anyone tell me if the St. Albert Inn has clean rooms. I hate booking rooms when I do not know the state of the hotel/motel.
    You can go to www.tripadvisor.ca they have travelers reviews.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Jun 30th, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thanks Poirot! Never thoguht to check Trip Advisor.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

There is a small store called Discount Thrift Store on 163 Street and 95th Ave next to where the old Value Village on the West End used to be. I quite like it - everything there is a dollar or less. There is also one on 50th Street and about 130ish Street... I also like the Bissel Centre Thrift Store at 8818 118 Ave. I used to really like the MCC Thrift shop but find that there is new management there and its just not the same any more. I like the BFM store across the road too. I find Value Village and even Goodwill too expensive sometimes... Salvation Army is hit and miss for me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I found a authentic Burberry coat at 137th Ave Value village once...and tons of Lululemon. Always walk out of their store with a fabulous find Good Luck!!
    Last edited by couponing_momma; Wed, Jun 29th, 2011 at 01:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information