User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: personal brag of joy and sorrow-update

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well here it comes to all my fellow savers and couponers -i truly feel connected to you all -even thou i havent met but a few in life from smart canucks-first the brag i am ging to be a nana -my son and his wife are having a little one(in the fall) -sent to us from heaven i truly believe -here is the rest of the story-i have had my mom lives with us for the past 6 years (she was 91)-yes it is hard sometimes but their is a lot of joy too -too be able to go into her her room at anytime of the day -and say hey mom -she sewed 6 years ago , crcoheted ,knitted and loved doing her jigsaw puzzles(which the past year i helped her do the outside pieces and dark colours -as her eyes were failing and her hearing too-but i always have spoke loud anyway-her last week i was listening to her breathing every hour checking in her room (like my little baby -like i raised my son and daughter) i was there for her -well i lost my mom ,best friend ,teacher my solid rock i leaned on -yesterday at 1.00 pm at the hospital- stayed with her til the very end -with my loving adult children and their spouses and my hubby -when they all went home to rest(hubby or daughter was always with me) -i struggled on with no sleep til she couldnt fight anymore -my mom truly was a fighter in life too -listen to this she had 3 heart attack at various years,brain tumor, quadrouple bypass ,valve replacement and a hole in her heasrt repaired last july-she came thru that with flying colours-then fast forward to jan this year -she went in with congestive heart failure end of jan stayed in the hspital a month with care and rehab and was ready to come home to us one time in feb-when she took a turn for the worse and needed bowel surgery ( oh and that is how i learnt i was going to be a nana-my son leaning over my mom before her operation saying nana we are having a baby -he had hoped he would give her the strength to get thru trhe operation -well she camed thru-she came home for 14 days -the first week she was eating and sort of okay and i thought i can help her bounce back ( yes i still was on here somedays -as couponing i have done since i was 22- saving money and to be cheap in life my mom taught me-remember i listened to her stories about the show being a nickel when she was a kid-she didnt have a stocking as a kid well i made sure i filled hers to the brim every xmas-and i bought her a nice size one too)the second week she started to go down hill -no mores pills the last 2 days no food she told me i stuggled to get a bit into her -i got 2 or 3 bottles of ensure into her -i stocked up on tenas always for her and we needed to have a stockpile of those 2 items- i still had a few people wanting to send me the tenas cpns no problem we dont need anything -hope they get to you in time -well thank you as i was getting ready to stockpile these items for her return home -but she could no longer fight she had more pain and we took her in by ambulance-she had another blockage and after the procedure she started to go down hill-we got the hospital in time to care for her in the end -my daughter/hubby came from toronto in the middle ot the night - i truly raised 2 loving adult children (who adored my mom ) so every one give your loved one a big hug today for me - and as one door to heaven is letting my mom in -another one will open with this new baby in october-my goodness i will have to start trading for later diaper coupons now-oh another thing i have been out of work since end of october and didnt even care -didnt want to tell everyone on here -as my stockpile would get me thro -and those 30 bottles of laundry soap sure did-ther truly was a reason i lost my job -to be there for my mom til the very end -thank you each and every one for listening -i have been very private on here -just started opening up to a few -but i love saving and as i am writng this now crying my eyes out i am truly glad i wrote to all of you -take care (coupon girl)
    well i got thru the funeral today -i even said a beautifull speech-i cried and held my kids when they cried-hubby cried too-now its all over-miss you mom
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Mar 24th, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
    MeMew, costybex, Natalka and 24 others like this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Oh coupon girl, I am so sorry for your loss I know how close you were with your Mom- she was extremely lucky to have you as a daughter and you were lucky to have her in your life for as long as you did. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

Now the good news! Congratulations Nana You will be a wonderful grandmother!!! It's so funny how life works... I got pregnant very shortly after my grandmother passed away and I truly believe that DS was a gift from her
    Natalka, aussie, Angela273 and 8 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Very touching and personnal brag.I am so sorry you lost your mom but she will always remember you take good care of her and hers need and this is what she will remember Things in life we cannot control or happen and you have to face....I am there too....My father is sick and will have the news today if he have cancer of intestine....maybe 1% of chance Update it is a ulcer stomach that will be in medication.SO RELIEF...I am sure he have not but just to thing about that terrorise me..So my taught and preoccupation in couponning are not so much there those time.That is why I am not so much on Smart Canucks..I never taught I will have to learn that.But stomach ulcer is more the probability...And he feel better.But I had already lost my mom seven yeas ago at 58 years old...I dont want to think I will lost my father someday...Sorry you post made me express myself..Maybe to show you ;you are not along with those life problems.Congrat on the upcoming baby !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Mar 22nd, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Aww coupon girl so sorry for your loss. I truly do not know what your going through. I would be so lost without my mom. I hope things turn around and always reamber what a truly AMAZING daughter you were to her. I use to work as a Health Care Aid (now a PSW) and how many people just found with their own busy lives didn't have time for their aging parrents. I beleive karma will come back to you...you have a heart of gold and are nice to so many people. I know it maybe wrong time but I know of a job opening if interested give me a pm.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I believe too the upcoming baby is a sort of gift of your mother.My pregnant cousine will be in labour in the next week and her grandmother pass away last winter so we think it is the same thing. It is likke for a dead a new life happen..Sort of balance and karma.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

coupon girl, coley3 and Judyhill like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am so very sorry for your loss - I know what it's like to lose a Mom, and you were very lucky to have yours for so very long...

Name:  Sympathy-Card-019-450x281.jpg
Views: 5269
Size:  41.3 KB

Wow, one door closes and another opens, 'tis truly the circle of life; congrats soon-to-grandma!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

coupon girl, I am so sorry for your loss. You are a wonderful daughter who took care of her mom til the end. Your whole family came together to help you with your mom and their love will help you through. Consider the new chapter in your life, something to look forward to: the new baby. Your mom will live in all of you including the new baby. Yes you said it right: "joy and sorrow". Many hugs to you and your family.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Wow! Your mother was truly blessed to have you there along her side till the end...
    Take comfort in knowing that you were such a loving and caring daughter to her . I'm sorry you had to go through something so painful. I don't even want to think about losing my parents!

Congrats on the new baby!! That truly is a miracle by itself
    Last edited by sdddmd; Fri, Mar 22nd, 2013 at 07:38 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

sddmd;Your avatar picture truly remind me my beloved cat Joey
    Judyhill and sdddmd like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Here a song for you: Replace the husband by your mother and you will understant:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Coupon Girl, so sorry for the loss of your dear mother. I remember reading in your brags that you had visited her in the hospital for weeks. You were really dedicated. You are a great daughter and your mom knew it for sure. Take joy knowing that she isn't suffering anymore,and that your new grandchild will brighten up your family's life
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information