User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: I went to a really bad Salon today & got a really bad haircut!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

before I move here where I m now, I use to go to some place at Midland and steeles area, paid $20 for wash+cut, and I get a satisfy hairdo. But didn't thought other place could be this bad...or else I would of rather spent more time and $ on gas to drive all the way back there to get a haircut.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for sharing cinpow! In no time it will grow back.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I went for years without letting anyone touch my hair after I got a bad cut....hours before my graduation.

when it comes to my hair, I will not pay under $80. You get what you pay for, and I expect to pay minimum $80 once every 8 weeks for a cut and a colour.
    $80.00 for a haircut? Holy crap! Oh wait, you're colouring too but still. $80.00 gets me 8 haircuts. Maybe that's why I see women laughing and pointing???
    GoJays, Candini and i_forget like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    $80.00 for a haircut? Holy crap! Oh wait, you're colouring too but still. $80.00 gets me 8 haircuts. Maybe that's why I see women laughing and pointing???
    You must be bored today....picking on me.....
    GoJays and electric_viking like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not picking on you.
    But yes, it's a slow day.
    No worries, I'll leave you alone.
    (takes net and goes home)
    i_forget likes this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Hehe laughing and pointing. I bet you get just fine haircuts - there are some great stylists working their way up and they all have to start somewhere. So even if you go to a cheap salon the stylist might be a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    You must be bored today....picking on me.....
    I don't think he was picking on you. I think he was picking on himself. Don't feel too bad

Now for *my* two cents... In all honesty $80 for JUST a cut is probably not what you mean right. For some reason a lot of salons also charge for wash and styling. And if you want it dried that is extra too. And maybe you even got a few foils. It's only like 5-7 bucks a foil (which turns out to be pricey for a full head but not for one or two).

Now in all honesty I don't treat myself to much. I haven't bought shoes or any footwear since I was pregnant with my daughter 3 years ago. Now this summer I plan to because last summer right near the end my favorite sandals broke. So I have to lol. I don't spend much on clothes (I have spent about $200 in the past 12 months). But my treat is my hair. I spend between $150 and $200 on my hair each time I go (about every 4 months). But I tip well too. Plus there's tax in there. Is it wise spending? Not really. But everyone has their thing that they spend stupidly on... If that makes sense. Like my best friend spends ridiculous amounts on fast food and clothes (she never cooks and shops weekly for clothes lol). But she refrains from treating herself to anything else. Other women it's their shoes or purses or travelling or going to concerts. I think you get my point lol.

I guilt myself out of just about everything I want. But when it comes to my hair I don't cheap out. I buy salon exclusive brands and pay for coloring but my hair is extremely difficult to manage (many stylists are intimidated by it). It's thick and long and insanely curly lol. So if I don't buy certain products I look like a witch. No, I really do lol!!

Anyway, I don't think $80 for a visit to the salon is much at all. To others that is absurd! But then they probably have their thing that they indulge in that you'd find ridiculous too. So I think it evens out
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I'm not picking on you.
    But yes, it's a slow day.
    No worries, I'll leave you alone.
    (takes net and goes home)
    And plus you're a guy right... Guys cuts and styles and coloring is cheaper. Not sure why. Maybe it's cause it's easier and you (generally) don't have as much hair as most women...?
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Ugh, I am so sorry! I got a HORRIBLE hair cut last year, nothing like the picture I showed her... it's finally long enough to pull back into a ponytail again and I'm terrified to have it cut again!!!
    Bronwen likes this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Ugh, I am so sorry! I got a HORRIBLE hair cut last year, nothing like the picture I showed her... it's finally long enough to pull back into a ponytail again and I'm terrified to have it cut again!!!
    yeah, that is what I m doing right now, put it up into a ponytail.....

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I get mine done at Walmart for under $20 including tip. I only get a wash and cut, no blowdry. I bring a pic of the front, sides and back to show her exactly what I want. Walmart charges more for long hair, doesn't matter to me because mine is short. Never fails.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I get mine done at Walmart for under $20 including tip. I only get a wash and cut, no blowdry. I bring a pic of the front, sides and back to show her exactly what I want. Walmart charges more for long hair, doesn't matter to me because mine is short. Never fails.
    when did walmart have a salon? i know my walmart had a mcd and a new doctors office that just opened up last week, a wine shop and a teddybear making workshop....I don't think i seen a salon in there...

o crap, nvm, I just check walmart.ca and yes, my walmart did have a salon there....omg, how they heck can I miss that, I go to that walmart at least 2,3 times a week, and they have a nail place too.....I guess I can get everything done inside walmart.....
    Last edited by cinpow; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Bronwen likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Walmart also sells eye glasses for cheap too. You can bring in your old frames and then just order your prescription. OK, don't laugh at me, lol. Back in the 80's when this was in style, I brought in my spare prescription glasses and had a gray gradient tint done on it. Boy, did I look cool, lol.
    Cocottee00 likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Sorry to hear you got a bad haircut! I totally feel your pain. I have had that happen alot of times. I have naturally curly hair and boy is it ever hard to find someone who can cut curls.

I went to one salon asked to have a blunt cut to sit on the shoulders, the girl brushed my hair out and just as she was going to cut I stopped her and said isn't that a little high up, she said blunt cut to the shoulder right? I said yes, she proceeds moves the scissors up higher and cuts, by the time she was done my hair was no longer down my back but at my chin. I literally cried afterwards. all she said was sorry I didn't think it would be that short!

Last year I had grown my hair to donate to Locks of Love and I told the girl according to their website the ponytail has to be 10 inches long for curly hair, she said ok and then cut my ponytail off at 8 inches, totally po'd me right there. She cut below the ponytail holder instead of above it. She said well if they can't use do you mind if we keep it, so we can make colour swatches. Really! I said no give me my hair back now. I just left the salon and went to another one to have them cut my hair properly.

So I am very leery as to who I go to cut my hair now. My hair is once again long enough to cut and donate, now I have to find the right place to go. Anyone live in Ottawa\Gatineau area with a suggestion?

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmamaof03 View Post
    I have naturally curly hair and boy is it ever hard to find someone who can cut curls.
    Me too and it's so long. But what these hair stylists don't realize is that when I say it bounces up 2-3 inches shorter than what they cut, I actually fkn mean it LOL.

This is why I have been going to the same woman since I was 12 cause she is the only one who knows how to handle it haha. Anyone else I've tried has been too intimidated by it. I did finally find a guy at a local salon here but I'm moving now so I am afraid the search will start for me very soon
    Last edited by Bronwen; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
    couponmamaof03 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I went for my appt at my regular salon and the girl who usually cuts my hair had to leave so a more senior stylist took my appt, I will never go back there. I told her exactly what I wanted and my hair ended up 6 inches shorter and not at all in the style I asked for.
    i_forget likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information