User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Beware - nasty stomach flu out there!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes I know that if it's your stomach it's not flu, it's gastroenteritis, but everyone knows what I mean by (and can pronounce!) stomach flu!

Several people in my workplace have gotten this bug, spent a day or so barfing, then feel like they've been run over by a truck, achy, lethargic the next day.

My DS (not quite seven) got up early yesterday morning and said he felt bad, like he was going to throw up. Moments later he was doing just that. DH stayed home with him, it seemed to be over, but later in the morning he was barfing again, then started from the other end. Again, seemed to be over, then at 10:30 last night he was up again doing the same. I *think* it's over with now, he can hold things down, but I am home with him while he recovers. Wash your hands like a crazy person!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That sounds awful.
    Will definitely be washing my hands more often.
    Hopefully your DS will feel better soon and no one else in your home gets it.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

it made the rounds here in Lunenburg about a month ago, DD was doing the 'heave-ho' for 24 hrs but she felt miserable for days after, its definitely nasty stuff...thought for sure I'd get it too, thank god I didn't! Its hard to avoid, especially with little ones in school. Get well <3
    All life is connected, no matter how far apart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A coworker's partner and kid had it on Sunday. She said her bf puked 40 times during the night. Definitely not something I want.

Is this what the Queen of England had a few week ago over the porcelain throne?
    Last edited by mulock; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    sunshineorchid likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

We've had 2 seperate bugs go through our house in just this past month! The first one was about a month ago.. cold, headache, sinus pain to kill, fever, body aches and just sheer exhaustion. The 2nd bug hit here just the other day.... stomach flu coming from both ends (ewwww), seems to clear up pretty quick though. These bugs were brought home by the "older kids" (20 and 17), so I told them from now on when they get home they are to go directly into the shower and wash their clothes right away lol! "Mom's gonna start cleaning with VODKA again"!!!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My husband had this about a month ago for two weeks Me and our son also had a touch. It was awful.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yikes! I shall be on the lookout to avoid ill looking co workers!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

My daughter started with this last weekend around 6am by 8 am my husband started every 10 mins they took turns in the bathroom it was pretty bad and how I avoided it is just luck....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I think my boy is OK now, he stayed home today and nothing came up or out that shouldn't have. Granted, he didn't eat a whole lot during the day (despite my offering food regularly, he doesn't miss meals normally). Stacey's Pita Chips were all he really wanted. Didn't know how bad those were for a recovering belly, but after the first few had no ill effects, I let him have more. And at supper he had some chicken and mashed potato. So I expect to have him back at school tomorrow.

So far DH and I are symptom-free, fingers toes and eyes are crossed that it stays that way!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I thought I had food poisoning the Sat before last because it hit so fast , but indeed it is the flu , it went away after a couple days and then came back with a vengeance this past sat AGAIN , horrible , and it hits ya like a train fast and furious . Im hoping its gone now cause I dont think I can go thru another Sat like that lol .
    Yes I know im in BC but just wanted to let ya know its all across canada lol
    Last edited by Sosarea; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My DS had a milder version about a week and a half ago, maybe three upchucks, nothing else. We kept him home that day (over March Break), and I thought we'd had our turn. This latest bout was much worse. Before he went to bed on Sunday night he mentioned that he had a bit of belly pain, but we dismissed it as maybe you have to go to the bathroom, etc., thinking he might just have a stomach cramp. He woke up before we normally get him up Monday morning saying he felt bad, and within minutes he was sick.

I have to say, I got the better end of things staying home today, he was mostly recovering, nothing bad happened. DH was home yesterday and I got a call at work asking for the best method to clean barf out of carpet, what kind of cleaner we had to clean the bathroom floor after poo had landed there, etc. And the STINK, as soon as I entered my house yesterday, even if I hadn't known someone was sick, my nose would have told me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its out there I go to school at Dal and usually one of my classes has 50 people or so and this week maybe 20. My son had it and still feels like but my two daughters are doing ok *knocks on wood*. I had it over Xmas time but I think I got it from visiting my family in Cape Breton. Ginger ale and gaterade helped my son

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the heads up! I will continue to be finicky with washing my hands. And this brings me to a pet peeve. When I was a waitress back int he olden days, we never touched the lip of a cup or glass and now I see this all the time, wait staff handling money, is there nothing so germy?, and then handling my cup or glass and leaving germs where my mouth will go!
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My last post suggested DS was on the mend. He didn't get sick at all yesterday, ate lightly, had a bit of chicken and mashed potato at supper. I fully expected he'd go to school today. Instead he woke up and...barfed. Did some more this afternoon.

I don't expect him to go anywhere tomorrow either. He's drinking some, I got him to eat a few spoonfuls of chicken noodle soup, but he's not really ingesting much. Sure hope this lets up soon! It's been a few hours since anything bad happened, but I don't dare think that's the end of it!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

It's at my house too.....
    ....just be happy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information